Trolls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Trolls

BHab, NAS, and a few others (myself included) should give this a listen before you engage with Rusty, null and the rest of the trolls. It's really enlightening into the midest of these whack jobs. Taslks about a scientific research project into these people. Talks about how they have diagnosable personality issues including "sadism, psycopathy and Machiavelianism"

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/popupaudio.html?clipIds=2439156004

Gives you some good reasons not to engage them, and I'll for one try to take it to heart

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Trolls

I rarely give them ammo.   I could care less they are here but i wont talk with the 2 you mentioned or stanley.   Marco on the other hand i dont mind.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

BHab, NAS, and a few others (myself included) should give this a listen before you engage with Rusty, null and the rest of the trolls. It's really enlightening into the midest of these whack jobs. Taslks about a scientific research project into these people. Talks about how they have diagnosable personality issues including "sadism, psycopathy and Machiavelianism"

Gives you some good reasons not to engage them, and I'll for one try to take it to heart

Thanks for the audio Red and will do!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I rarely give them ammo.   I could care less they are here but i wont talk with the 2 you mentioned or stanley.   Marco on the other hand i dont mind.  

[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd man, he's one of the worst! lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know a lot feel that way and see the debates.   But i dont think hes a troll for wanting a guy back with the bruins.  Hes a big kessel fan.   I think hes a much better player then he was.   I gained a lot of respect for him for his play against the bruins.  Hes an elite player.   Isnt he very similar to patrick kane.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Hes a big kessel fan.   [/QUOTE]

Are you sure Shupe? Has he actually stated this? Fan might be too weak of a description,maybe fan-atic would be more appropriate. Kessel is similar to Kane in that they both didn't score in their final two Olympic hockey games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are you sure Shupe? Has he actually stated this? Fan might be too weak of a description,maybe fan-atic would be more appropriate. Kessel is similar to Kane in that they both didn't score in their final two Olympic hockey games.

[/QUOTE]

Are you out of your heads?  Against Russia Kane was a force.  And doesn't it say a lot that they didn't have Kessel in the shoot out at all?

Kessel is what he is, a perimeter sniper.

And I will be the first to admit that if Kessel cleaned up his act, he would be a much more impactful player.

I am wondering if the issue is that Kessel just simply isn't that bright and doesn't know how to apply himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another troll worth mentioning - the Commi Contrarian and all his aliases easily identified by the Hope Solo references.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you out of your heads?  Against Russia Kane was a force.  And doesn't it say a lot that they didn't have Kessel in the shoot out at all?

Kessel is what he is, a perimeter sniper.

And I will be the first to admit that if Kessel cleaned up his act, he would be a much more impactful player.

I am wondering if the issue is that Kessel just simply isn't that bright and doesn't know how to apply himself.

[/QUOTE]

Ovi wasnt in the shoot out for the russians.  Some guys just stink in those occasions.  Gretzky wasnt either but will never forgive them for not letting him shoot.  Wt f is ray bourque doing in there.  Might be the biggest blunder in olympic history.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know a lot feel that way and see the debates.   But i dont think hes a troll for wanting a guy back with the bruins.  Hes a big kessel fan.   I think hes a much better player then he was.   I gained a lot of respect for him for his play against the bruins.  Hes an elite player.   Isnt he very similar to patrick kane.  

[/QUOTE]

Of course, the issue with marco is not being a Kessel or Seguin fan.  It isn't about wanting them back either, that's fine too.

The problem is about steering every discussion on the boards back to players who aren't even on the team.  It's about hijacking threads about the Bruins to tread the same ground, over and over, about hypothetical interpretations about what could have been.

Secondly, I think the annoyance factor is also heightened by the often childish perspective and mindlessly rhetorical style of debate.  There is a salary cap in hockey.  Decisions have to be made.  The perspective that the Bruins should keep their Stanley Cup and all the good players they have now, and ALSO be able to keep Kessel/Wheeler/Seguin is simply absurd.  Something a child asks for.  Eat your cake, but also have it sitting in the fridge.

I think most fans accept the basic reality that choices have to be made by a team, and there will be an opportunity cost.  The best evidence that the right decisions were made is making it to the Stanley Cup two out of three years.  To argue that the Bruins should have a fantasy team (salary cap be damned) and win championships more easily, is the stuff of children.

That said, I don't really think marco is a troll.  If you can get him away from the player crushes, he's seen a lot of hockey and knows Bruins history.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean in regular season as well. If kessel was in chicago wouldnt they be similar.  I think i might want kessel more bc hes a better pure scorer   Kane has big mr clutch advantage though.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The CBC had a link to the actual report and I glanced through it. What I found interesting was while the most common personality trait of trolls is sadism, there's a subset that has the flipside trait of masochism. Basically they say things that will get them abused by other posters because they get a kick out of it. Obviously this is the type of troll that I personally feed most often on here, so I'm going to seriously try to pull back on it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, the issue with marco is not being a Kessel or Seguin fan.  It isn't about wanting them back either, that's fine too.

The problem is about steering every discussion on the boards back to players who aren't even on the team.  It's about hijacking threads about the Bruins to tread the same ground, over and over, about hypothetical interpretations about what could have been.

Secondly, I think the annoyance factor is also heightened by the often childish perspective and mindlessly rhetorical style of debate.  There is a salary cap in hockey.  Decisions have to be made.  The perspective that the Bruins should keep their Stanley Cup and all the good players they have now, and ALSO be able to keep Kessel/Wheeler/Seguin is simply absurd.  Something a child asks for.  Eat your cake, but also have it sitting in the fridge.

I think most fans accept the basic reality that choices have to be made by a team, and there will be an opportunity cost.  The best evidence that the right decisions were made is making it to the Stanley Cup two out of three years.  To argue that the Bruins should have a fantasy team (salary cap be damned) and win championships more easily, is the stuff of children.

That said, I don't really think marco is a troll.  If you can get him away from the player crushes, he's seen a lot of hockey and knows Bruins history.  

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean he's not a troll...Just a historic one. He's not just a troll...He's a twit & he brings nothing of value to any thread that I've read. Fortunately I only have to see the ones where someone responds to the goof! He's one of the cancers in here! But, the place is much better for me because he's ignored. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the worst ones are gone red ;)

null is gone.  That racist guy is gone.  Commie and Rusty have their accounts banned ever so often, and they immediately make a new one.  And some trolls don't realize their accounts are banned and keep right on posting, which is why you see random 'deleted' comments routinely.  They can still see their posts, we can't.

Commie's posts about politics and soccer goalies have been getting 'archived' pretty quickly.

Otherwise, I'm in favor of inclusion and a 'big tent' here.  Unless your intention is simply to disrupt or insult people, you should be able to say your piece, and people are just going to make choices to follow the posters they respect, and ignore the ones they don't.

Good link though, seems about right...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Why most of the regulars get into a banter with Trolls is beyond me. Make your point, move on.

To argue in a forum with someone who doesn't want to discuss = stupid

From a regular reader; seldom replier

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Kessel is similar to Kane in that they both didn't score in their final two Olympic hockey games"

this is a staement that opens the door to discussion. Now if you only see it your way and say that i am a troll cuz i do not agree with this the what does this make you- close-minded, a bigot, a NBO- Now 50 never really have anything in the past to say about you, From what iread ur usually respectful but i find and of course only one man's observation you have been on the fence in the respect front yet i have not snapped back in any way - have I?

[/QUOTE]

I will admit i have questioned your sanity in respect to your obsessed,repeated postings on mainly two subjects,Kessel and Seguin.It is your right as a member of this forum to post what you like,we can read it and agree or disagree. I will also admit i have taken the odd potshot, couldn't help myself and am trying to ween myself from the Kessel/Seguin debate. As a kindly suggestion may i ask you to put as much voracity,tenacity and thought into other topics as much as you do your two pet subjects.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

By the way Marco,i didn't say you were a troll,i said you were a fanatic.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i  have listened to this and as objectively as i can .i do not see any of this relating to me in a blatent way. We all have attributes of this let's not go play mrs. perfect. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course we all have attributes of the 'trollism' and you are dishonest with yourself if you think you have none.  The purpose of the discussion is to get you to THINK about your behavior and obviously EVERYONE has room for improvement.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts