Troy Brouwer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Troy Brouwer

Not sure what it would take to get him or if the Caps would even deal him considering they gave up a late 1st for him. Who knows what will happen if they find themselves on the outside looking in. I think he'd look pretty good on our 3rd line. Just curious if others here would see him as a good fit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Troy Brouwer

He would be an excellent fit for a contender's third line. Can also fill in on the top six if the need arises.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It would take a lot.  I know the Caps aren't looking great, but he's a key cog in what they do have going and the type of player every team wants.  

Even if the Caps decide to unload him, they can sift through a heap of offers for him.  A tough power forward with pretty good hands, who hits everything that moves...a fit for every playoff bound team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

didn't he sign an extension recently? 3 years 11 mill or something like that? sounds like they want him around. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

didn't he sign an extension recently? 3 years 11 mill or something like that? sounds like they want him around. 

3 years averaging $3.667 mill per year. A little pricey for the third line but he a jack of all trades type all teams need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I know getting him is kind of a pipe dream but I see a lot of Caps gm's living here in the D.C. area and he just seems like the perfect fit to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good player, the Caps gave up alot to get him, signed him to an extension. just because the Caps are struggling doesn't mean they are going to deal him...They need more players like him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Before someone jumps on this and suggests a trade...

This is not someone you get for Thorton and/or Bourque plus a pick or prospect!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Always liked Brouwer (and suggested the B's trade for him last year)...would be a great addition.  However, he will be a key piece for Washington as they get back in the hunt and for their future.  If Washington completely falls out of the picture, I think your more apt to see Chimera shopped as he is older and less talented than Brouwer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No chance the caps dump him.  He and laich are the leaders there.  Plus he plays 1st line minutes.  He hits everything.  has good hands too.  But yes id love him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Joel Ward could be the odd man out, the Bruins can get Ward for third line duties his grit and tenacity will help Kelly and Peverly. Brouwer will cost more return then Ward.

Thornton and Tardif " could " snag Ward.

Lucic Krejci Horton

March Bergy Seguin

Ward Kelly Peverly

Paille Campbell Pandolfo

Mcdermid and Bourque 13 th forward

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

They could snag him with what?  A coat hanger?  A fishing lure?

I'm sure you're not suggesting that a goon that won't fight and a career minor leaguer could be traded for anything more than the Tim Thomas contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to boborielly224's comment:

They could snag him with what?  A coat hanger?  A fishing lure?

I'm sure you're not suggesting that a goon that won't fight and a career minor leaguer could be traded for anything more than the Tim Thomas contract.

That why I said could, but getting Ward will benefit the Bruins. But I will not be surprise if Talbot is a bruin very soon.

To get ward i will definetly open a bid with Wsh. to see what they need in return. I think the fishing lure will work also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ward is finally playing well.  The caps are 4 pts from leading that div.  plus Holtby is playing like i thought he would.  Oh yeah.  Ovi has been very good again the last couple of weeks.