TSN : Columbus asks about Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

TSN : Columbus asks about Rask

Watching TSN yesterday (up here in Canadia), Columbus loking for goalie help calling Boston asking about Rask. Chia's reply : not available - Rask will succeed Thomas after Thomas retires. 

I saw a thread about Rask for Nash but wondering if they are looking at some bundle deals. I defintely think if Nash were to go - Krejci would need to be a piece going back. With Seguin's surge + Bergeron and Krejci's last year and lack of an update - can't help to wonder. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask

I wonder if Columbus has asked other teams about goaltenders. I did not hear this, so if they did could you please post it. My guess is they're looking for basically a young goaltender who can come in and solidify the posittion for them. I don't think they'll be trading Nash. I also think Steve Mason is a good young goalie who is just on a horrible team, perhaps a change of scenery will do him well.If they are looking to justt soldify it i would take a look at Clemmensen. I wonder if Columbus is just focused on Rask where there is more of a sample or inquired about these:

1. Jonathan Bernier
    2. Micheal Nuevirth
    3. Braydon Holtby
    4. Thomas Greiss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Clemmensen (sp?) is not going anywhere I say Gillis buries Loungo in the minors or Switzerland like Huet before he trades the better playing goalie. Lou Lam is going to regret letting Scott go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clemmensen or Theodore moved, the Panthers have Markstrom in the AHL and he's pretty damn good.

Also Clemmensen is a UFA after this season and Theodore after next, both with small cap hits.

In Response to Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask:
    [QUOTE]Clemmensen (sp?) is not going anywhere I say Gillis buries Loungo in the minors or Switzerland like Huet before he trades the better playing goalie. Lou Lam is going to regret letting Scott go.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

yeah, if I want to give up something substantial for a goaltender, i'm going after Bernier. And that's not to say that he's a better goalie than Rask (even though he very well may be), but quick is also young, so LA would probably accept less for Bernier than Boston would for Rask.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

The segment is called "Insider Trading" - should be posted on TSN.CA but I couldn't find it ... When I googled it I did find :

http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/48708186/felger-mazz-could-tuukka-be-traded.htm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Tuukka Rask will be #1 by the end of this year.  Watch. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Tuukka Rask will be #1 by the end of this year.  Watch. 
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

For what team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

And you all said it would never happen...funny now it is a bit more real with reports they called about him...Also it is interesting Rask is playing against Columbus tonight...Interesting developments....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]And you all said it would never happen...funny now it is a bit more real with reports they called about him...Also it is interesting Rask is playing against Columbus tonight...Interesting developments....
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Normally i would say it's a bad team and thats who back ups generally play, but with how many games he's played lately i would say this is defenetly a showcase..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I'll state the obvious. Scott Howson is the worst GM in the league (though Sather and Bryan Murray are up there too).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

With Rask being a RFA at season ends and Mason 2.9 mill contract extends to next season, it could be a goalie for goalie swap. Mason at 2.9 mill for next season can fit into our budget but the Bruins can also sign Rask for 3yrs. with the same price range.

Nash ( 7.8 mill contract thats locked ) leaving Columbus because of pressure that is a lot of cash but worth every penny to playoff team with a good future ie the Bruins. The Blue Jackets are going to want youth in return Marchand Caron Rask just to get Columbus to even to negotiate.

Marchand is a left wing same as Nash, Caron Hamil and Spooner will get Nash wearing a Bruins jersey or something to this extent. Realistically Nash is not your avg. player he is in the elite column with Bergy and Seguin on the same line that will be unstoppable along with another power line consisting on Looch Krejci and Horton.

But 7.8 mill is lot of money that I personally will stay away from. The Bruins are going to need this extra cap to sign Tyler and Krejci.

The Bruins are thinking of talking to Colu. it will be a simple third line swap. Umberger ( good third line scoring plus the bonus of avg. over 100 hits per season) for Caron the Bruins third line will be more of threat with this addition.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Marchand-Caron-Rask for Nash?
    I would never take that deal. Ever. In life. I heard the Oakland Raiders were looking for personnel executives, though. Give them a shout.

A showcase? Come on. Timmy had a (very) hot hand last year, and Tuuk was average. That was the reason for Tuukka's time drop. It's hard to get in a rhythym when you're a young goalie and your counterpart is absolutely tearing it up.
    If the Bruins have it their way this year, they'll be the same statistically, and they can split time. Do I think it's realistic? Absolutely. I think Timmy had a year that won't be matched this year, and Tuuk will play better than he did last year. Will their stats be exactly the same? No, but they'll certainly be much closer.
    I think that if you expect anything more lopsided than a 45-35 or 50-30 split (+/- 2 games, obviously), you're kidding yourselves. That is of course assuming healthy goaltenders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The guy with the thing i did not get a chance to  complete my post. Read it now for an update.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Krejci-Rask-Hamill-Conditional 3rd rounder? for Nash-Mason

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Gotcha. Apologies for the aggression. I don't want to see Marchand or Tuuk go anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Rask, Caron & a 3rd for Nash.
    Or Thomas , Caron & a 2nd for Nash.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

neely, bergeron, a ham sandwich, and seat in the park  FOR,
    TT, a sunny day, and a gun to shoot myself for reading trade possibilities.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sorry for that last post it's ridiculous, there's no way a ham sandwich is part of that deal. possibly pastrami?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

How about we just believe PC when he says that Rask is not available.  I know anyone is available at the right (read: ridiculous) price - but I believe PC when he says Rask is the future #1 of this club.  He is not being showcased, but rather being given some well-deserved playing time.  TT needs the nights off so he can play into June again this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hm.  That's a tough call adk.  On the one hand, pastrami is higher in sodium and nitrates, but the question is do you have the sauerkraut?  And the hot mustard?  If you don't, then you might as well deal the pastrami, but if you do, then your messing up the chemistry of the sandwich by dealing the pastrami.  Ham's more versatile, but this is about getting the best value, right?

"Bookboy is satisfied with the process undertaken to mock trade proposals for Nash.  He will not have any further comment at this time."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I would never give up Pastrami, not even Corned Beef. I'd entertain Ham if it was domestic and only store-brand yellow mustard was involved, If they asked for swiss or provolone, I'd consider it a deal breaker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I would never give up Pastrami, not even Corned Beef. I'd entertain Ham if it was domestic and only store-brand yellow mustard was involved, If they asked for swiss or provolone, I'd consider it a deal breaker.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    swiss? really? wouldn't fit under the salary cap. no way this happens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Swiss could be negotiated, as long as its not a Lorraine, Emmenthaler, or Baby Swiss. But that means we'd still have to dump a core player when they reach RFA status.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this deal sounds yummy

Sections
Shortcuts