TSN : Columbus asks about Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask

?!?

That's the last time I jump to the last page to 'ketchup' on a thread!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask:
    ?!? That's the last time I jump to the last page to 'ketchup' on a thread!
    Posted by Davinator

We'll be here all week, folks. Try the veal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think you guys are underrating ham here. I think that asking for more than 2 slices of bread is a bit munch. I mean even throwing a slice of cheese is a tough call. I'd say any cheese is a deal breaker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

This whole thread is begining to smell like Limberger!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sault, Blame adk...it's his fault.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Did someone mention le fromage bleu? That is one foul stench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Corn beef is an Irish thing, pastrami is a Jewish thing  and then the Montréal smoke meat. I prefer a hoagie sandwich or a meatball sub. Umburger ryhmes with hamburger so why not Umburger and 6 cases of burgers to Boston for Hamil with 6 cases of can baked beans to Columbus.Go Bruins time for lunch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Toasted or not ... Heated or not

Please, these could all be deal breakers/makers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Sports media up here routinely raises Marty Turco's name when the topic of help wanted via goalies comes up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Marchand is Seguin's left hand man. He ain't going anywhere and I'm very happy about that. Nash is a perennial 30 goal scorer. Marchand will probably end up with 25+ this year. So even if you traded them straight up, you would be trading 25 goals for 33 or so, about the same number of assists, you would be taking on an additional $4 million in salary in a guy who struggles to be a + player and may or may not be a good defensive player in this system, and you would be losing a core "identity" guy on your team.

Why would anyone question such a deal? Maybe it's because I don't play fantasy hockey.

That said, before things get too stale, Claude has to spot guys on different lines for a couple of shifts per game and not just as punishment for a mistake. Swap Marchand and Lucic for a couple shifts a game, Horton/Seguin, Paille/Caron, Campbell/Kelly, etc., just to keep things fresh, maybe towards the end of a period or something like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I don't think Ham is well liked in the lockerroom.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Call - you're right and he's a hog with the puck...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Elliote Friedman on HNIC's Hot Stove Lounge just reiterated that today PC again shot down any Rask to CBJ talk adding Chiarelli stated Rask "is our goalie of the future."  Friedman said there's talk Columbus inquired about Bernier of the Kings.  Just a couple of years ago Steve Mason had 10 SO's and won the Calder. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Elliote Friedman on HNIC's Hot Stove Lounge just reiterated that today PC again shot down any Rask to CBJ talk adding Chiarelli stated Rask "is our goalie of the future."  Friedman said there's talk Columbus inquired about Bernier of the Kings.  Just a couple of years ago Steve Mason had 10 SO's and won the Calder. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

RHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Mason would look great again if he played behind Chara and the Bruins team defense. Maybe not though as it seems goaltending is the toughest position to play at a consistently high level. That's why the guys like Brodeur, Hasek and Roy are so special.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

I know we all love Tuukka because he has a funny name, we stole him in a trade and he wears our sweater but Cory Schneider is the best young goalie in hockey. If Rick Nash is traded for a goalie, first I'd be shocked and second it would be for Schneider.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know we all love Tuukka because he has a funny name, we stole him in a trade and he wears our sweater but Cory Schneider is the best young goalie in hockey. If Rick Nash is traded for a goalie, first I'd be shocked and second it would be for Schneider.
    Posted by bsdel1

Schneider is 34th in GAA and 42nd in save percentage. He's got 20 career wins. Please explain how these numbers make him even close to the best young goalie. Even the much maligned Steve Mason has a far superior resume. The only sensible part of your post is that Nash is unlikely to be moved for a goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Posted by bsdel1

Cory Schneider = good young goalie

Tuuka Rask = better than Cory Schneider.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

This team is far too good right now to potentially mess things up with a blockbuster trade.  Nash is a superstar and all but, as was mentioned, his contract would throw a wrench into the resigning of guys like seguin and marchy.  Plus, this team is gonna need Rask in a couple years, and I hope that PC is too smart too mess with what he has worked so hard to build.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This story is going round and round.  I don't believe it'll happen .
    What I do believe if this trade does happen proving me wrong Mason would be included in the trade somehow.  This means it's a multi-player trade from both sides.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask : RHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Mason would look great again if he played behind Chara and the Bruins team defense. Maybe not though as it seems goaltending is the toughest position to play at a consistently high level. That's why the guys like Brodeur, Hasek and Roy are so special.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - Well said.  Perhaps he's on his way to being another Raycroft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: TSN : Columbus asks about Rask : dez - Well said.  Perhaps he's on his way to being another Raycroft.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Then that means Mason would become another Rask

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

How is Rask at all setting the bar as young-emergence turned bust? He tore it up two years ago, and was replaced by a guy who had a season where he set records, and put in one of the best individual postseason performances in history.

I fail to understand why people are so down on Rask. He's good to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How is Rask at all setting the bar as young-emergence turned bust? He tore it up two years ago, and was replaced by a guy who had a season where he set records, and put in one of the best individual postseason performances in history. I fail to understand why people are so down on Rask. He's good to go.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Agreed. I've said it befoe, there's no shame in Rask being outplayed by TT last year. TT had the best season ever for a goalie so that means he's outplayed lots more guys than Rask.

Sections
Shortcuts