TSN Comments section.....Overwhelmingly pro-owner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike6724. Show mike6724's posts

TSN Comments section.....Overwhelmingly pro-owner

Guys, I am not sure if anyone else noticed this. But if you read any Locout story on TSN.ca, the comments section is strange to me. In my circles most people i talk to feel equal outrage to both sides or feel atleast a  little bit bad for the players that in this negotiation they will be doing all of the giving, and the concessions on the owners side are simply not to take too much. On TSN it is stange though. Any comment that is pro player is given many many "minuses" and anything pro owners is given many "pluses".

Its strange the majority of the comments are along the lines of "the players are making too much and they should accept what the owners are offering", "the players are biting the hands that feed them" "break the Union" etc etc. all of these types of comments are given high "pluses.

Am i too cynical to thinkt he NHL PR company is "stuffing the ballots" to demonize the players? Or do the fans up there want hockey so badly that they just want the players to cave so that the game comes back? Or is everyone in canada a small busness owner who thinks that the NHL business is the same as the business they own? the overall tenor is take whatever management is offering because you are making more than you deserve and the owners have a right to pay you whatever they want and if you dont like it pick a different career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: TSN Comments section.....Overwhelmingly pro-owner

First of all, don't take anything by commenters on TSN seriously.

While I'm frustrated at both sides, the way I look at it is that the owners are the employers, and the players are the employees. What the players association is expecting is ridiculous. I can't blame Bettman for not wanting to let the NHLPA walk all over his league.

Plus props to Bettman for making the owners look good in the public eye with that 50/50 offer that they knew the NHLPA would decline. I think these TSN commenters you speak of really fell for that. Say what you want about Bettman but he's good at what he does. He's only trying to get the best for his business. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It started out that most fans were behind the players ("we just want to play" sniff,sniff), but as this has dragged on it has become apparent the players want all the money and no risk.That is why the sentiments have changed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Am i too cynical to thinkt he NHL PR company is "stuffing the ballots" to demonize the players ?

No there is always finger pointing and blaming to go round in every labor bargaining.

Or do the fans up there want hockey so badly that they just want the players to cave so that the game comes back ?

Leaf and Hab fans will play both sides at any cost to frame their argument. TSN comment section is mostly made up of Le Shabitot and Laff fans

Or is everyone in canada a small busness owner who thinks that the NHL business is the same as the business they own?

From reading TSN comment section allot for a laugh, I would say less than 1/2 a % know anything about running even a lemonade stand.

" the overall tenor is take whatever management is offering because you are making more than you deserve and the owners have a right to pay you whatever they want and if you dont like it pick a different career. "

The Owners forced the CAP down the players throats and now want the 57% HRR back with players liking it, to be grateful. FAT CHANCE enter Donald Fehr!

" Players have two interests here,” Fehr said. “Interest No. 1 is how big the share is and that’s not agreed upon yet either, but the parties have at least moved on that. The second one is how does an individual player negotiate his piece of the pie? [The] answer is players will have vastly fewer rights, vastly less leverage for vastly longer portion of their career under the NHL proposal. "

"… The provision that says there can’t be significant variability to what a player makes between one year and the next in a contract … really cuts down the number of teams you can talk to and a number of other things, "

The owners will cut back on their demands of years to UFA, EL years and current contract rollbacks or there will be no season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am i too cynical to thinkt he NHL PR company is "stuffing the ballots" to demonize the players ?

No there is always finger pointing and blaming to go round in every labor bargaining.

Or do the fans up there want hockey so badly that they just want the players to cave so that the game comes back ?

Leaf and Hab fans will play both sides at any cost to frame their argument. TSN comment section is mostly made up of Le Shabitot and Laff fans

Or is everyone in canada a small busness owner who thinks that the NHL business is the same as the business they own?

From reading TSN comment section allot for a laugh, I would say less than 1/2 a % know anything about running even a lemonade stand.

" the overall tenor is take whatever management is offering because you are making more than you deserve and the owners have a right to pay you whatever they want and if you dont like it pick a different career. "

The Owners forced the CAP down the players throats and now want the 57% HRR back with players liking it, to be grateful. FAT CHANCE enter Donald Fehr!

" Players have two interests here,” Fehr said. “Interest No. 1 is how big the share is and that’s not agreed upon yet either, but the parties have at least moved on that. The second one is how does an individual player negotiate his piece of the pie? [The] answer is players will have vastly fewer rights, vastly less leverage for vastly longer portion of their career under the NHL proposal. "

"… The provision that says there can’t be significant variability to what a player makes between one year and the next in a contract … really cuts down the number of teams you can talk to and a number of other things, "

The owners will cut back on their demands of years to UFA, EL years and current contract rollbacks or there will be no season.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends how much the players think is enough as far as the owners cutting back their demands.I also don't know if the owners are going to cut back on their demands very much,the owners might be hoping there is another Trevor Linden in the NHLPA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to mike6724's comment:

I'm glad you noticed that, I did too. They are blatantly stuffing the ballots. That type of propaganda happens everywhere on the internet.

The best part of it was, when I looked last, some of the pro owner comments were up to +130 rating, now most of them have lost over 100 points of rating since the initial "surge", which simply must be a large reflection of public sentiment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

This is only a couple weeks old.  Apparently the league isn't that confident.  The results from the survey at bottom?  Only 6.75% of respondents agreed the strategy would work. Food for thought.

Reader's comments »

By adding a comment on the site, you accept our terms and conditions and our netiquette rules.

Sponsored Links

Ambrosia Natural Foods

Factory Outlet Health Foods Certified Organic Produce Bulk Foods

AmbrosiaNaturalFoods.com

Insurance Problems?

We can help! Instant quote hotline! New drivers, tickets & more!

Click for Free Quote!

STOP COLLECTION CALLS!

Get Debt Free Now! Rusinek & Associates

www.rusinek.ca

See All Sponsored Links

Top stories Social activity More from Hockey Inside Toronto sun.com    

Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved The Toronto Sun is a member of Canoe Sun Media Urban Newspapers.

4 DEALS 4 Coupons and Deals Found what's this? Walmart.ca’s got your Top 20 Toys + FREE Shipping for the Holiday’s Apply this deal and see more what's this?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

whoops....didn't work.  sorry folks.  Try again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

doesn't want to paste.  if interested goggle "NHL hires GOP Strategist"

Sections
Shortcuts