TSN cries foul on Jagr's 'hook' leading to OT winner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

TSN cries foul on Jagr's 'hook' leading to OT winner

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424875 

Should they still be playing game 3 right now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: TSN cries foul on Jagr's 'hook' leading to OT winner

In response to Dirt Clod Jams' comment:

It was a hook but reffs were letting lots go on both teams in the overtime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What can you say?  It was a hook.  No question about it.  But things are called loosely in overtime and I bet we saw a dozen possible calls go uncalled during the period.  The ref doesn't know that the puck will be in the net 5 seconds after the hook.  He chose to let it go.  Just like a few other calls.  If the Pens had scored 5 seconds after Lucic got tackled in the corner, we all might be up in arms too.

You also might chalk it up to Jagr's veteran sense of what you can get away with in a playoff game OT, and then exploiting that advantage.

If I were a Pens fan I would be mad too.  I'd also be mad a Rask, Bergeron, Chara, and the rest of the team that held their vaunted offense to 1 goal in a 95-minute game.

Complain, or move on, doesn't matter to me.  See ya Friday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

No grounds for complaining. The refs let a lot of other stuff go and made a few soft calls as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Any team that's only scored twice in almost 11 full periods should look at themselves for blame. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What can you say?  It was a hook.  No question about it.  But things are called loosely in overtime and I bet we saw a dozen possible calls go uncalled during the period.  The ref doesn't know that the puck will be in the net 5 seconds after the hook.  He chose to let it go.  Just like a few other calls.  If the Pens had scored 5 seconds after Lucic got tackled in the corner, we all might be up in arms too.

You also might chalk it up to Jagr's veteran sense of what you can get away with in a playoff game OT, and then exploiting that advantage.

If I were a Pens fan I would be mad too.  I'd also be mad a Rask, Bergeron, Chara, and the rest of the team that held their vaunted offense to 1 goal in a 95-minute game.

What a fantastic post Fletch! Can't say it any better than this, great stuff! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

If this is what angers Penguins fans, I'm glad it was Jagr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And just a few before that Lucic took a hook as well.

And who was it that was throwing all kinds of punches at Ference earlier in the game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah, it probably would have been called a hook in the first period of a 0-0 game against Colorado in an October game.

It didn't result in a breakaway, like someone above said. It resulted in a 2 on 2, where the defender had PLENTY of breathing room on Bergeron. Plenty meaning he was between the dots and the blue line that Bergeron hadn't even crossed yet. It's not like they were racing towards the net.

Hindsight is 20/20. Iginla can tell you that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In double OT at misd ice that is not a penalty!

If Malkin is going in on a scoring chance then probably.

Great battling by Jagr

He has outplayed Iginla by far

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..even sweeter was orpik's ice dancing with berg on the winner.

ending threads since '07

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

TSN over- reacts in many other instances. The hook isn't as clear as they claim since both players were fighting for the puck and their sticks were up against the boards. As everyone else has said, there were lots of non calls

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And who was it that was throwing all kinds of punches at Ference earlier in the game?

Totally agree BHab,Oh boo-hoo. One of the many non calls because it was a playoff game led to the game winning goal. Thats what heepens when the ref decide to let them play, the chances of an important goal being scored as a result go up dramatically.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think the refs were just impressed that Jagr could overpower Malkin who's in his prime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

That turd Healey on CBC said the same thing

What a bunch of homers.  They are still crying over the Leaf collapse and can't stand to see Boston move closer to another Cup.

I wish I could watch a U.S. feed, but stuck with CBC or RDS (French TSN....even worse).  Gotta try a sportshub audio feed with he TV volume turned off cause I can't stand the crappy coverage.  For crisakes, they had a little window on the screen just following Sindee during the Pens PP.  Garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

No kidding. That was Morrow mauling Ference so it evens up. Can't wait for Friday night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Never mind the glaringly obvious Pens too many men on the ice that wasn't called or the rest and water trips the refs allowed the Pens to go to their bench for when by rule they should have gone directly to their faceoff positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

It was a hook but reffs were letting lots go on both teams in the overtime.

Exactly. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

If this is what angers Penguins fans, I'm glad it was Jagr.

Heh exactly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

TSN over- reacts in many other instances. The hook isn't as clear as they claim since both players were fighting for the puck and their sticks were up against the boards. As everyone else has said, there were lots of non calls

You know it. Over reactions and made up stories all the rage over there. And their boards are policed by a bunch of sports fascists. Can't tell you the number of my posts (most of which are totally inoffensive) which have never made it past the moderators. TSN make out like they are THE authority of hockey too. Ricidulous. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

You know it. Over reactions and made up stories all the rage over there. And their boards are policed by a bunch of sports fascists. Can't tell you the number of my posts (most of which are totally inoffensive) which have never made it past the moderators. TSN make out like they are THE authority of hockey too. Ricidulous. 

+1 the moderators love to let the bruins haters spew their venom on that site.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If you watch it.  Malkin actually hooks jagr, they twist, jagr does it back.  Game over.  Each team had missed calls, pp and chances.  We won. Nutz to them.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Yeah, it probably would have been called a hook in the first period of a 0-0 game against Colorado in an October game.

It didn't result in a breakaway, like someone above said. It resulted in a 2 on 2, where the defender had PLENTY of breathing room on Bergeron. Plenty meaning he was between the dots and the blue line that Bergeron hadn't even crossed yet. It's not like they were racing towards the net.

Hindsight is 20/20. Iginla can tell you that.

Hindsight is 20/20!!!  Cool line!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If you watch it.  Malkin actually hooks jagr, they twist, jagr does it back.  Game over.  Each team had missed calls, pp and chances.  We won. Nutz to them.  

Thats how I saw it. Int he Penguins forum that RHO provided someone actually mentions it as well.

Sections
Shortcuts