TSN cries foul on Jagr's 'hook' leading to OT winner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: TSN cries foul on Jagr's 'hook' leading to OT winner

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And just a few before that Lucic took a hook as well.

And who was it that was throwing all kinds of punches at Ference earlier in the game?

I think it was Neil. 

The more blatant one was right in front of the ref . McQuaid literally git his skates lifted from under him. 

Agree was a hook by Jagr , the funny thing is it started with Malkin grabbing with one arm Jagr. TSN.ca is full of Hab and Leaf fans, what do you expect

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

From Damien Cox who thinks the hook soiled a hell of a game.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/06/06/nhl_playoffs_great_moment_tainted_by_obvious_hook_in_boston_bruins_ot_win_over_pittsburgh_penguins_cox.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I honestly don't think it's a call that's made 100% of the time RHO...that's a 50/50 in my book

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Several posts were in the link, regarding the Lucic hit on Orpik. I was surprised Lucic didnt get called for a penalty on that hit. Sure looked from behind.

Then Paul Mc DB called it a clean hit. I was thinking. What game are you watching? Arrrgghhhh I cant stand Paul McGuire. Such an idiot.

Im glad he didnt get called, but I did think he got away with the hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

It's STANLEY CUP FINALS! The refs let a lot go during the game so in OT they don't start making those types of calls. I was pissed that they didn't call delay of game when Pens went to bench to get water, shows the audacity of the team, knowing they would get away with that!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It was a neutral zone play. The refs were being consistent with the way they were calling the game up to that point. Many infractions could have been called that they let go. They let the players decide the outcome by not calling chincy ticky tack penalties in OT.

Old time playoff hockey which made for a great game !

Oh and...........I can't stand Damien Cox . His opinions mostly just plain suuck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Cox is the village idiot.

[Overheard at the NHLPA press conference]

"So, is that pronounced "Fair" or "Fear"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Non issue, neutral zone infractions by both teams were not called in the 3rd period onward, the Pens had a few calls that were not grievous that lead to pp situations in the first period in particular.  Hypothethically if Pittsburgh had scored on those pp the game would have changed significantly.  Rask was the difference.  Dems the apples!

Whinning is a media journalist best way for recognition.  

Fletch said it best of all.

Don't judge me monkey!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Whinning is a media journalist best way for recognition.  

[/QUOTE]

I prefer well written articles. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Whining about Referee's decisions after the fact is 'Loser talk'. Whether by Media guys professing objectivity or by the most ardent fan. There is no difference.

If anything, these CBC guys (Hughson, Simpson, Healy) have shown me there is no such thing as objectivity. The game can't be watched without preference. If you prefer the Penguins, you say, 'that's a hook, a penalty, no goal, no win." - if you prefer the Bruins, you say, 'even if it was a hook, 100 feet from the net, in double overtime, amongst everything else, it isn't getting called.'

I remember thinking, I kinda don't want the Bruins to win this on a powerplay (moot point, I've never seen the B's PP look worse than in those OT's - and that's saying something!). I don't want the Referees involved in wins and losses at this stage.

Bruins won a Cup, 5 on 5 in 2011. The best teams do it this way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It was a neutral zone play. The refs were being consistent with the way they were calling the game up to that point. Many infractions could have been called that they let go. They let the players decide the outcome by not calling chincy ticky tack penalties in OT.

Old time playoff hockey which made for a great game !

Oh and...........I can't stand Damien Cox . His opinions mostly just plain suuck.

Chowda - he's not so bad...wasn't he the only one who picked the Bruins to beat the Pens in the series?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from staaten10301. Show staaten10301's posts

Ulfie basically ended Cam's career ... Pittsburgh's karmaic debt is still not repaid, hook or not ...

Man up boys, because it's the Cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

following the bruins comeback in game 7 against the leafs... i think "TSN cries" would sum it up just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Chowda - he's not so bad...wasn't he the only one who picked the Bruins to beat the Pens in the series?

[/QUOTE]

So did Stanley..............I think ?

Cox and Stanley are comparable reads.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

So did Stanley..............I think ?

Cox and Stanley are comparable reads.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Chowdah, I can't stand either one of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah Chowdah, I can't stand either one of them.

[/QUOTE]

I have them both on ignore. 

Sections
Shortcuts