TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray

I was watching the Leafs and Sharks on TSN and Pierre LeBrun stated that the Hawks and Bruins are both apparently interested in Sheldon Souray. I would not be surprised to see the Bruins swing a multi player trade with Dallas including a forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray

Nice post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

How about Sheldon Souray + Michael Ryder for Our 1st round pick + Pouliot + Caron ??

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Very nice, would be a nice addition. Anyone have any idea what the cost would be?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shup would be jumping for joy and I wouldn't mind it for depth either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

That would be a good addition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Where is Shupe ?  I know  NAS had enough hearing about trades and Tim Thomas's political views maybe Shupe followed ?  Anyway me thinks they'll be back as soon as the trade deadline has passed on.
    I'de be a fan of this trade for personal reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I had him in fantasy this season, unloaded him early for Dunkan Keith. Just know that almost all of his points came very early in the season, and he has been very average since then.

he's better than Corvo though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I got sources too... LOL..  Not Eklund kind but personal kind...
    I just got a text if rumours have him coming to Boston and it was  " maybe" and soon after " I'll let you know".

LOL.. I'll probably know last and all of you before me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Souray is a nightmare, he lost it years ago

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

which brings us to:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a22fd62b9-8879-4144-9ea6-22605542d50c

and of course:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3aeaf7dc1d-2e12-4797-a1d8-59ce066334b4

They hear you, Shupe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

As crazy as it sounds, I have been thinking about Ryder for the last few days.(not like Krispie thinks about him) Would getting "the Band" back together be a good thing or am I just being sentimental.I'm not as excited about Souray. I was glad when he left Montreal- but he's not been anywhere close to his hab form for years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray:
    How about Sheldon Souray + Michael Ryder for Our 1st round pick + Pouliot + Caron ?? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012

Can't trade Pouliot because........uh.... he's big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chowda, your postings this morning are right on the money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would take Souray in a heartbeat.  I've never been a big fan, but he's been playing good hockey this year. In a small role he could be great.  He's experienced, and he's a lefty. I think he's probably also been humbled a bit by his time in the minors, which could be a good thing. I would also take Ryder back. Bringing in those to would completely address all of the needs of the Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I would take Souray in a heartbeat.  I've never been a big fan, but he's been playing good hockey this year. In a small role he could be great.  He's experienced, and he's a lefty. I think he's probably also been humbled a bit by his time in the minors, which could be a good thing. I would also take Ryder back. Bringing in those to would completely address all of the needs of the Bruins.
    Posted by OatesCam

Smaller moves . That's what this team needs for a boost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ryder is having a good year, so it would probably take at least a 1st to get him.

Ryder and Souray

for

1st, Caron, and ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the Bruins have the surplus assets to pull that deal off. The question is more if Dalas would make the deal.  They are in the thick of it like almost every team in the league, which is making trades tough. There would have to be some current talent... Caron fits the bill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Having Ryder back and getting Souray would greatly help the B's. They'd actually be better than they were in the finals last year (remember, no Horts in the finals) as long as Pev's is back. Corvo is better than Kabs (though marginally only because he shots, both stink defensively), Souray is automatically the number 3 defenseman behind Z and Seids), and Ryder would weave again his playoff magic. Why Chia ever let him go is beyond me. My only concern is I believe TIMMAY is starting to show a bit of the age factor, just a bit, and  cannot possibly be as good as he was in the playoffs last year. That was the performance of the century.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If the B's weren't willing to pay the bucks for Ryder 6 months ago...they certainly wouldn't do it now, when they also have to throw in additional assets.  Never happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Having Ryder back and getting Souray would greatly help the B's. They'd actually be better than they were in the finals last year (remember, no Horts in the finals) as long as Pev's is back. Corvo is better than Kabs (though marginally only because he shots, both stink defensively), Souray is automatically the number 3 defenseman behind Z and Seids), and Ryder would weave again his playoff magic. Why Chia ever let him go is beyond me. My only concern is I believe TIMMAY is starting to show a bit of the age factor, just a bit, and  cannot possibly be as good as he was in the playoffs last year. That was the performance of the century.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

I think you're spot on.  So much of Ryder's game seems to come with confidence and he has that after a strong playoff run, the Cup, and a pretty solid year in Dallas.  Souray would add more moxie and be an improvement over Corvo, in my opinion. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If the B's weren't willing to pay the bucks for Ryder 6 months ago...they certainly wouldn't do it now, when they also have to throw in additional assets.  Never happen.
    Posted by stevegm

Agree,  why would Dallas even want top trade 2 roster players without getting back 2 roster players when they're fighting to make the playoffs .
    No they will not take Pouliot , Hamill, 3rounder, for them !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@stevegm - RE: Ryder - not even $3.5M prorated for this year and $3.5M next?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If Manchuk's worth that money then certainly Rydes is. Nothing against Johnny, he's a great team guy!

Sections
Shortcuts