TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray:
    How about Sheldon Souray + Michael Ryder for Our 1st round pick + Pouliot + Caron ?? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012

I dont think Pouliot will generate much interest, but I think this is a great starting point.

I'd be willing to do a 1st, Caron and Kampfer for Souray and Ryder.  Let's not foreget that Ryder turns into a solid top 6 scoring winger come playoff time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Ryder is having a good year, so it would probably take at least a 1st to get him. Ryder and Souray for 1st, Caron, and ?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Just pointing out that we now have three people on board with a move of this nature.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I doubt Dallas cares about parting with Souray, since that was a one year plan, but they obviously saw something they liked in Ryder to sign him to a longer deal and he has done nothing but live up to it this year.  I doubt they want to ship off one of their more productive signings after one year for the Bruins late-round draft pick and a couple of stalled prospects.  I think they'll want more, which is why this trade market is no good for the Bruins.  Everyone wants too much in return.  Little tweaks seem to be the way to go.  Add depth, wait for Horton and Peverly to come back, and hope that Rask or Thomas get red hot again...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : Just pointing out that we now have three people on board with a move of this nature.
    Posted by Drewski5

Yup...one of em is "Krazie", the other is Stanley.  Think about it folks.  Is there anything about Ryder, the B's don't already know?  They had a chance to get him at 3.5, and they passed.  Just 6 months ago.  Despite having an outstanding playoff...the Bruins passed.  Suppose now they're gonna pay that amount and give away players to boot?
     And...
    Anyone check the standings lately?  Why would Dallas want to entertain these proposals?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I doubt Dallas cares about parting with Souray, since that was a one year plan, but they obviously saw something they liked in Ryder to sign him to a longer deal and he has done nothing but live up to it this year.  I doubt they want to ship off one of their more productive signings after one year for the Bruins late-round draft pick and a couple of stalled prospects.  I think they'll want more, which is why this trade market is no good for the Bruins.  Everyone wants too much in return.  Little tweaks seem to be the way to go.  Add depth, wait for Horton and Peverly to come back, and hope that Rask or Thomas get red hot again...
    Posted by Fletcher1

There's truth to this , but it's possible that Dallas looks at their team and determines that they dont have the talent in house to make a cup run this year.  As a result, they decide that they want to plan for the future.  Ryder was a good pick up but he's well into his 30's.  It was a great signing, but if they give him and Souray up for a first, you could say that they are "cashing in" on a good signing.

For 1.7M (the amount paid to Ryder year-to-date): they received 1/2 year of good wing play and a first round pick.

They could look at it from this angle: we saw something in Ryder and we were right.  Now we have an extra first round pick to show for it!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the Bruins would take Ryder and Souray at this moment in time, I think it's your second point that's more important.  Dallas is in 8th, Ryder leads them in goals and Souray has been playing a solid 20 minutes a game. They want to trade them for prospects because.....???

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : Yup...one of em is "Krazie", the other is Stanley.  Think about it folks.  Is there anything about Ryder, the B's don't already know?  They had a chance to get him at 3.5, and they passed.  Just 6 months ago.  Despite having an outstanding playoff...the Bruins passed.  Suppose now they're gonna pay that amount and give away players to boot?  And... Anyone check the standings lately?  Why would Dallas want to entertain these proposals?
    Posted by stevegm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : Yup...one of em is "Krazie", the other is Stanley.  Think about it folks.  Is there anything about Ryder, the B's don't already know?  They had a chance to get him at 3.5, and they passed.  Just 6 months ago.  Despite having an outstanding playoff...the Bruins passed.  Suppose now they're gonna pay that amount and give away players to boot?  And... Anyone check the standings lately?  Why would Dallas want to entertain these proposals?
    Posted by stevegm

They let Ryder go for cap room.  But we have the cap room now, so the reason why we let him go no longer applies.

I do see your pt about Dallas not wanting to give him up though.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think the Bruins would take Ryder and Souray at this moment in time, I think it's your second point that's more important.  Dallas is in 8th, Ryder leads them in goals and Souray has been playing a solid 20 minutes a game. They want to trade them for prospects because.....??? In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray :
    Posted by OatesCam

Because a) its a sellers market and they could get good value and b) they dont think they have what it takes to win the cup this year.

Not saying the above is 100% true, jsut saying that if they did pull the trigger, that would be the rationale.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

If the B's weren't willing to pay the bucks for Ryder 6 months ago...they certainly wouldn't do it now, when they also have to throw in additional assets.  Never happen.
    Posted by stevegm

BINGO!!!!

and the same people hoping for Ryder's return would be the first to complain next season about his lacklustre play....  Ryder's known for putting out in his first year with a team but it's downhill after that....  he helped the B'S in last year's run and we will be forever grateful, but no thanks....  maybe if he was in the last year of a contract....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think the Bruins would take Ryder and Souray at this moment in time, I think it's your second point that's more important.  Dallas is in 8th, Ryder leads them in goals and Souray has been playing a solid 20 minutes a game. They want to trade them for prospects because.....??? In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray :
    Posted by OatesCam

Sure they'd take em.  That's the problem with these trade-talk boards. There not available to be "took". 
    Dallas wants players back.  Players better than Ryder and Souray, preferably, for less money.
    Again, the B's know Ryder.  Really, really well.  No GM is dumb enough to admit a monumental mistake, and giving players to Dallas, in re-aquiring Ryder, would not only be the admission of terrible hockey judgement, but also terrible fiscal management.
     What's going on with Ryder this year, shouldn't be that surprising.  He's a really good player when he's motivated.  He's the same player he was last year, he's just getting a lot more ice time, and a few more goals.  He's been no better than he was in last years playoff, so PC would look like an idiot, doing what he'd need to....to get Ryder back.
    If there is one player in the league PC would get skewered over aquiring...it's Ryder.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : Because a) its a sellers market and they could get good value and b) they dont think they have what it takes to win the cup this year. Not saying the above is 100% true, jsut saying that if they did pull the trigger, that would be the rationale.
    Posted by Drewski5

It's a business Drewski.  They aren't sellers.  They may make a deal, but they aren't sellers.  Making the playoffs is a financial bonanza for the owners.  Even a sweep in the first round equals millions.  Saving a mil or 2 and missing the playoffs is not sound logic, when you're currently in the playoffs after 2/3 of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : They let Ryder go for cap room.  But we have the cap room now, so the reason why we let him go no longer applies. I do see your pt about Dallas not wanting to give him up though.  
    Posted by Drewski5

nope, they let Ryder go cuz they didn't feel he was worth the money.  the B's cap situation is pretty much where it was when the season started

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : It's a business Drewski.  They aren't sellers.  They may make a deal, but they aren't sellers.  Making the playoffs is a financial bonanza for the owners.  Even a sweep in the first round equals millions.  Saving a mil or 2 and missing the playoffs is not sound logic, when you're currently in the playoffs after 2/3 of the season.
    Posted by stevegm

Good point about the playoff revenue.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: TSN Pierre LeBrun says Bruins interested in Sheldon Souray : nope, they let Ryder go cuz they didn't feel he was worth the money.  the B's cap situation is pretty much where it was when the season started
    Posted by stevegm

Now that you mention it , I remember this.  PC said something like "he got a great contract, and we wish him the best."

But I think that Ryder would be motivated if he came back.  Back with his ole pals to make one more run at the cup.  ANd he's always motivated come playoff time.

For approx 5 M, we'd have Ryder for the stretch run this year, next year, and two playoff years.  I think he's worth that.  

But I also think the trade makes more sense for the Bruins than it does the Stars.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Wasn't Souray with Claude when he was coaching in Montreal? It would be a great fit since he knows the system and a D that can get our PP moving. This guy has a bullet of a shot too.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts