TSN Power Rankings - "You Don't Say!" edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN Power Rankings - "You Don't Say!" edition

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=447242

Yeah, I should freaking think so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: TSN Power Rankings -

Oh, and let me add: take off your Penguin jersey, ackjass.  "Even though they have only one regulation win in six games, we've moved them up to sixth just because they got Neal and Kunitz back."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Oh, and let me add: take off your Penguin jersey, ackjass.  "Even though they have only one regulation win in six games, we've moved them up to sixth just because they got Neal and Kunitz back."

There is no bias towards the Penguins in the NHL!!! How dare you suggest otherwise!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh thought these power ranking lists didn't mean anything. It is funny how certain pundits won't let go of there binkys like Scott Burnside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and the Flyers who have won 5 straight including two rather convincing wins vs the Pens moved one whole spot to 13th. The Flyers to me are a better team than the Pens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Flyers are playing great right now... second best behind Boston, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

Flyers are playing great right now... second best behind Boston, IMO.[/QUOTE]

#ShuptradedinhisRockintheRedJerseyforFilthyFlyersPJs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

"The Bruins have been consistently among the top teams for the past few months, but their current run has taken them to the top, despite not having a strength of schedule deficit compared to the Western Conference powers."

What exactly does this mean? Speak English Scottie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh thought these power ranking lists didn't mean anything. It is funny how certain pundits won't let go of there binkys like Scott Burnside.

[/QUOTE]

They don't.  My point had more to do with the fact that it played as "news" that the team on a 12 game winning streak would be the top ranked team given the ridiculousness of how these things are generally prepared.  Thus the point about Pittsburgh immediately thereafter: on paper, we really like Pittsburgh, so we'll put them up high; on the ice, the Bruins are unbeatable, but you know, we really like Pittsburgh on paper....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

TSN rankings are completely formula-based.  I know the comment about the Penguins sounds ridiculous, but all it is saying is that the previous ranking had excluded the ability to contribute of Kunitz and Neal because they were injured while the current one does not.  It should be no surprise then that they get a bump-up, even with the recent play dragging them down.  Their injuries probably dropped them in the rankings more than deserved when it happened, too.  Is there an archive for these rankings?  I can't find any prior to this week's.

Want to have some fun?  Peek at the "Player Usage Chart" here.