TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead

All four of the capitals goals were soft.  Thomas played his worst game of the year today - no doubt about it.

And yes the penalty was sketchy - 2:30 left it better be a glaring penalty.

The Bruins have really out-played the Capitals the whole series and are down 3 - 2; that's not a good sign.

It would be a shame if the Capitals were to advance because they really are a horrible hockey club.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to "Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead":
    In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead :  He's been out played by a rookie goalie,plain and simple,and especially after he criticizies his team mates,in the last game Posted by kitchener
    I did not take it as criticism .. He was basically saying the same thing his coach and team mates said after the game.. As for being outplayed, whole team is being outplayed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'm listening to his excuses right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead:
    I'm listening to his excuses right now.
    Posted by jwb413

Yes probaly lost it in the lights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I agree with you Ipot, why the hell did they step back so much after the third goal ??? But anyway, the bad call of the ref on Pouliot was as if they wanted to give the victory to the Caps....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Bye bye Timmy. Enjoy playing in Toronto next year. Go post some more on Facebook, if you have time in between letting in soft goals. I would play Khudobin tomorrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

One thing you can guarantee, TT will not say it was his fault.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When all games are decided by only 1 goal... I don't think you can blame the goalie (or the defense.)

When your star player has no points in 5 games... maybe some blame lies there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

too bad some only tuned to watch the third period....

the only period TT's played below par so far these playoffs....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

First two were caused by: 1. Corvo injury/ Zanon being interfered with. 2. Boychuck deflection.

The third one he makes the save, but Thornton picked up Knuble on the trail and didn't. Easy in.

The fourth....he HAS to stop.

He gets a clear break on the first two...the third not so much and the fourth not at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The TEAM is to blame for the series.  End of story. A magical run like 2011 rarely happens.  They flirted with danger in 3 series, escaped, and pulled out a miraculous championship for the ages. There is NO excuse to tie the game 3-3 and then promptly go into prevent mode. It cost them the game and most likely the series.   Caps KNOW they can beat the Bs now.  Bs KNOW they can't do anything right. 
    Posted by ipot

ipot - I hear you.  I thought today was one of their better performances this series although their first period hitting of all things Caps trailed off as the game continued.  I'm not ready to concede the series to Washington just yet because the Bruins are fully capable of winning away. 

I thought the fourth goal was just a gut-buster, man.  I mean Troy Brouwer is not Guy Lafleur (ugh) or Frank Mahovlich blazing down the right wing and putting it in.  That's something seen with more regularity back in the 80's by the likes of Kurri and even Rick Vaive.  I bet Brouwer was surprised as hell when it went in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

One thing you can guarantee, TT will not say it was his fault.
    Posted by 50belowzero

As always.

While it was surprising they called that penalty, it was in fact a penalty.  However, when Thomas give up a horrific goal like that to lose the game, the penalty has nothing to do with anything.

This is just what you get with Thomas. Always. He is capable of playing mind boggling superhuman hockey and carrying you to a victory, or giving up a softie or 2 to lose a winnable game. Always has been, always will. All you can hope is that Good Timmy comes back tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : As always. While it was surprising they called that penalty, it was in fact a penalty.  However, when Thomas give up a horrific goal like that to lose the game, the penalty has nothing to do with anything. This is just what you get with Thomas. Always. He is capable of playing mind boggling superhuman hockey and carrying you to a victory, or giving up a softie or 2 to lose a winnable game. Always has been, always will. All you can hope is that Good Timmy comes back tomorrow.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Spot on soxfan

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yeah, take the 2 Vezinas away... and the Conn Smythe... and the Cup!

proof that fans are all about, "what have you done for me lately?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

TT may have cost us one, but the forwards cost us the other two....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In response to "Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead":
    Yeah, take the 2 Vezinas away... and the Conn Smythe... and the Cup! proof that fans are all about, "what have you done for me lately?" Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey
    Too bad the past can't win them a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No doubting Thomas was weak, but the series is not a Thomas affair.  The Bs are not bringing the game to the Caps.  I constantly remind myself the line between winning and losing last year was so very thin.  It is a team game so if you lose it is a team loss.  Thomas though was vulnerable and unlike last year in the playoffs.  So the Krejci factor plays its hand, where o where has his game gone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to "Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead": Too bad the past can't win them a game.
    Posted by jwb413

actually, TT did win them a game....

he posted a shutout in game one....

if only he could also score this series would be over already.... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No doubting Thomas was weak, but the series is not a Thomas affair. The Bs are not bringing the game to the Caps.  I constantly remind myself the line between winning and losing last year was so very thin.  It is a team game so if you lose it is a team loss.  Thomas though was vulnerable and unlike last year in the playoffs.  So the Krejci factor plays its hand, where o where has his game gone. 
    Posted by islamorada

Well said islamorada.  In the first period I thought the Bruins played with purpose and physicality but trailed it off as the game wore on instead of maintaining the same level.  The Bruins are down in part because of the job the Caps' defensive posture against them but also because the Bruins' scorers have mostly zeroes as their stats.  The Bruins have shown they can win in Washington and must do it again tomorrow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

So the Krejci factor plays its hand, where o where has his game gone. 
    Posted by islamorada

Did you mean to type Seguin? Krejci got an assist today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

That last goal after a questionable call was the ultimate back breaker. I'm not saying they wouldn't have found another way to lose it but wow what a bad goal!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

And I am not placing blame, but i ask who is 20 and who is the number one center? 

Sections
Shortcuts