TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead:
    In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : As always. While it was surprising they called that penalty, it was in fact a penalty.  However, when Thomas give up a horrific goal like that to lose the game, the penalty has nothing to do with anything. This is just what you get with Thomas. Always. He is capable of playing mind boggling superhuman hockey and carrying you to a victory, or giving up a softie or 2 to lose a winnable game. Always has been, always will. All you can hope is that Good Timmy comes back tomorrow.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

There have only been a very few goalies over the years, that the first part of that sentence, could be attributed to.
    The second part of your sentence, could be used to describe every goalie that has ever played hockey.
    I expected that, after a game that Thomas allowed a couple of weak goals, you and Dez would be leading the, "TT SUCKS" parade.
    After a year of winning a cup, and winning every personal award possible, all it took was one game, and 2 goals, to bring out the TT bashers from under their rocks.
    You guys are a complete joke, and the only ones that take you seriously, are yourselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And I am not placing blame, but i ask who is 20 and who is the number one center? 
    Posted by islamorada

And who led the team in goals in the regular season? We're missing that now. At 19, he did pretty well in the third round against Tampa Bay... when your names on the Cup, you're not a rookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead":
    Thomas is costing them this one. Should have had the deflection on the second. Posted by jwb413
    Obviosly u never played goal, that one was not his fault

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

^^^^ So his slow reaction of late and for that matter most of January and February are reason why it IS HIS FAULT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup you are correct statistically, but look at other 20 year olds like Ovechkinor even Stamkos, and then say how many of them won a Cup at 19 or 20.  Granted Seguin is not playing as your "billed" in the regular season, but the fact remains where were the stars like Krejci et al who are recognized as major stars on the team.  Even the golden boy Marchand is a bit snakebitten!  Krejci on the other hand is a number one center! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not saying Krejci doesn't deserve some of the blame... but I have seen numerous posts where some of the others aren't even mentioned (there's a whole thread up there for Krejci and all I'm saying is Seguin is at least equal in blame.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

One thing you can guarantee, TT will not say it was his fault.
    Posted by 50belowzero

"I don't look at things like that exactly. The third goal I wish I could have controlled the rebound better, and then the last goal he fooled me and beat me clean. He's coming down with a lot of speed and he shot and I read that the shot was going lower. And by the time I realized that the shot was going that high, I didn't even have time to raise my hand.''

Sounds like "I messed up" to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

blah blah blah, not even reading this crap of a thread.  Let's crap on guys who helped brind us the cup with the future is so bright. Can't wait to see how this team performs when Seguin, Marchand, Krejci, Rask & Lucic are the top guys.

If not for 3 guys who are FA's (Rolston, Kelly, and Pouliout) the caps win this series in 4. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : "I don't look at things like that exactly. The third goal I wish I could have controlled the rebound better, and then the last goal he fooled me and beat me clean. He's coming down with a lot of speed and he shot and I read that the shot was going lower. And by the time I realized that the shot was going that high, I didn't even have time to raise my hand.'' Sounds like "I messed up" to me.
    Posted by DrCC

Wow, as they say, there is a first time for everything,kudos to TT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

TT should have gloved the 3rd goal
    But he has his own style?
    However i will remember him as the goalie who shut out Van in game 7

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

TT, holding future stars Seguin, Lucic, Krecji, Marchand, and Rask from getting a top pick...  Can't wait until they are the core of the team.   1st overall pick here we come!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yeah, take the 2 Vezinas away... and the Conn Smythe... and the Cup! proof that fans are all about, "what have you done for me lately?"
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

No Bruinfan. Let's remember a couple of things. 1) TT HAS TO make sure that rebound doesn't go in the direction of Knuble. We've seen this from TT so may times. Games 1 & 2 against the Habs last year. 2) Thorts needs to grab Mikes stick, hold his arms- take a penalty on that play if he must! 3) TT HAS TO stop that shot by Brower! Not 99% of the time- 100 % of the time! It's a 3-3 hockey game- late in the game! That shot must be stopped.

4) It's really hilarious though that certain players have immunity on this team. Today was the first game that Marchand showed up! But yet this poster NEVER says anything about his game unless it's to protect him, or praise him! That's what the pathetic thing is about this thread!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Are you saying no other goalie ever let's in a weak goal? Heck, even TT admitted it. He's also made fabulous saves that have kept things close. When all 5 games have been decided by 1 goal, I don't see how you can put so much blame on TT?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Thomas wasn't perfect tonight.  We can't afford that type of player on the team.  Need to free up as much cap space as possible to pay Seguin whatever he asks for.  He's "THE FUTURE".  So we need to completely overlook his crap play, becaus he has potential to be a Stah Snipah!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Are you saying no other goalie ever let's in a weak goal? Heck, even TT admitted it. He's also made fabulous saves that have kept things close. When all 5 games have been decided by 1 goal, I don't see how you can put so much blame on TT?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Of course ALL Goalie's allow weak goals. As great as Holby has played he's done the same! Rinne has been nothing short of TT like from last year & he's even allowed some. However, timing is everything. On the 3rd goal the B's had all the momentum up to that point. The 4th goal it was a goal that needs to be saved, because of where it was taken & who was taking it! Troy Brower isn't a player who should be beating a goalie of TT's caliber with 1:30 left in the game from that spot! This was TT's lost plain & simple! The B's scored 3 goals. Unless your Pitts or Philly that should be enough to win a play-off game. Last year in a lot of cases that's all they needed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Thomas wasn't perfect tonight.  We can't afford that type of player on the team.  Need to free up as much cap space as possible to pay Seguin whatever he asks for.  He's "THE FUTURE".  So we need to completely overlook his crap play, becaus he has potential to be a Stah Snipah!
    Posted by BSXIII

Think it's time to go talk Red Sox bro! You make no sense whatsoever!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : Think it's time to go talk Red Sox bro! You make no sense whatsoever!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Wise Azz post bro, all sarcasm!  Don't really care about the Red Sox at all.  Just poking fun at all the fan boys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : Wise Azz post bro, all sarcasm!  Don't really care about the Red Sox at all.  Just poking fun at all the fan boys.
    Posted by BSXIII

LOL! Fair enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : No Bruinfan. Let's remember a couple of things. 1) TT HAS TO make sure that rebound doesn't go in the direction of Knuble. We've seen this from TT so may times. Games 1 & 2 against the Habs last year. 2) Thorts needs to grab Mikes stick, hold his arms- take a penalty on that play if he must! 3) TT HAS TO stop that shot by Brower! Not 99% of the time- 100 % of the time! It's a 3-3 hockey game- late in the game! That shot must be stopped. 4) It's really hilarious though that certain players have immunity on this team. Today was the first game that Marchand showed up! But yet this poster NEVER says anything about his game unless it's to protect him, or praise him! That's what the pathetic thing is about this thread!!!
    Posted by nitemare-38

You're making yourself look foolish. Anyone who's read what I have to say knows I said Marchand was one of the worst Bruins through 3 games. You're well aware of this. We've already had this conversation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Thomas played poorly today. But last year that HE delivered the cup largely on his phenomenal play.  Time for the whole team to play like the champs not just Timmy...Seguin, Lucic, Chara, Krejci, everyone needs to show up tomorrow.  My suck list is long and Timmy only made it because of that last goal, he's at least brought the playoff intensity.  Seguin missed point blank, Lucic did nothing, Krejci continues to choke, Ference was on the ice for the last two Caps goals.  Hate Looch right now such a force when the games don't matter but playoff time he turtles bigtime and does nothing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : You're making yourself look foolish. Anyone who's read what I have to say knows I said Marchand was one of the worst Bruins through 3 games. You're well aware of this. We've already had this conversation.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Almost as foolish as Marchand did on th 2nd goal & TT on the 3rd? Get your boy a Kesler Jersey! What a punk!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Ference doing more scrambling than Denny's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TT And Thornton Team Up To Give The Caps The Lead : Almost as foolish as Marchand did on th 2nd goal & TT on the 3rd? Get your boy a Kesler Jersey! What a punk!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite, you're quickly becoming a running joke that no one is laughing at anymore. Replying to a thread 24 hours later is weak. All that time and this is what you came up with? WEAK!

Sections
Shortcuts