TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien

Its been interesting to read here all the screaming about Julien daring to use Rask on a regular basis and the unmitigated hate for Rask that results from the Timmy Fans.  However, if the Timmy Fans really want him to win another Vezina, you should be thrilled.

TT hasnt done much since December, but he has been able to hang onto those league leading GAA and Save % numbers everyone is so fond of quoting.  And even though the leader in both categories last year wasn't considered for the Vezina, (because he didnt play enough) this year its obviously the key for TT as hes been outplayed by several of the leagues starters for months now.

Even though Price is the best goalie, it seems to come down to TT vs Rinne because of these 2 stats, both of which Renne is #2.  Even though Rinne plays for a much weaker team, routinely plays against Vancouver, Chicago and Detroit (tonight!) and is FAR more important to his team's chances in making the playoffs than Thomas, the perception is that those 2 stats is enough for TT to win.

Julien continues to rotate goalies, among other reasons, because TT is apparently so fragile with his hip and age and jumping around unnecessarily style that he needs lots of time off for the playoffs.  In the meantime, real elite goalies like Price, Rinne, Brodeur, Kiprosoff, Lundqvist, etc, etc, etc play GAME IN AND GAME OUT because their teams depend on them to make the playoffs. (of course some people want to argue TT is the MVP, too, wow).

Whats the easiest way to finish with a 2.02 average and .93-something save % and finish first in both categories?  Don't play.  You Thomas fans should be sending flowers to Julien for letting him coast to another undeserved Vezina.
    Reminds me of Boggs sitting out the last day or 2 of the season to sew up a batting title.  Weak.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien

Ok. Thanks, Coach.

This is officially something I'm not concerned about. (although reasonably well-written)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thomas also played against Detroit and Vancouver.  Rinne has two extra games againt each of them, and three against Chicago.

Thomas has played four against Washington and two against Pittsburgh also.  It all evens out in the end.

It sure is interesting that you'd be upset that the Nashville goaltender would lose the Vezina to the Boston goaltender.  You are a Bruins fan, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You make some points but in reality CJ should be thanking Thomas. If not for TT's play for the first 3 plus months they'd be duking it out for the 8th seed. With CJ's system TT still had to steal many games this year all while making numerous highlight saves in the process.
    Your point about all the other goalies playing more games is valid but I would question how many of them will still be doing what TT does at Thomas' age and at Thomas' level of play. Lets not forget, other than the Montreal game a couple of weeks ago Thomas has started every game against contenders. Thats no knock against Rask but more of a thumbs up for Thomas.
    Out of all the goaltenders you mentioned above Brodeur is the only one with playoff success, and now that he is up there in age he has given starts to Hedberg and has not had much playoff success recently. 
    I'm a huge Price fan, but at this stage if he is ahead of TT it isn't by much, I give him credit for they way he has played especially with a delpleted roster as far as d-men go.
    If I had to win one game TT would be in the conversation.Good post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien:
    [QUOTE]TT hasnt done much since December, but he has been able to hang onto those league leading GAA and Save % numbers everyone is so fond of quoting. 
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

In January, he was 6-1-2 with a 2.05 GAA and .941SV%.

What a bum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

You talk about the hate for Rask which is funny... all I read from you are your posts about your hate for Thomas.

Talk about weak.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

It's a good thing boards like this weren't around when Don Cherry was trying to find playing time for Gilles Gilbert, Gerry Cheevers and Ron Grahame. Can you imagine the debates involving not two goalies, but three? Or the debates that would have followed the trade of Gilbert for Rogie Vachon?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thomas may of had such a great first 2 months he maybe able to hold on to the Vezina even though he has come back to earth in the 2nd half.

However, the key for Thomas will be how he performs in the playoffs so I understand the Bs cutting back on his workload. It gives Rask an opportunity to get into a groove which he was not given all year.

The big thing though is it is obviously in the Bruins best interest for Thomas to continue to play well down the stretch & in the playoffs. Not only for the current team but for the future as well. The better he plays the better opportunity they have in the offseason to trade him. If he struggles down the stretch & becomes inconsistent like last year then it will certainly be hard to move him in the offseason at that price. Other teams will see a 36 yr old who had a great 1st 2 months but wore down again in the 2nd half. A guy like that at 5 million per for 2 yrs will be hard to move.

My biggest problem with this 2 goalie system is in a salary cap world the Bs should be taking advantage of Rask's cheap years. Having your # 1 making 1.4 million per for this year & next yr gives the team strong cap flexibility to improve other areas. With Thomas here now & the next 2 yrs the Bruins are wasting a huge opportunity for capspace.

If they win the cup then great. It worked. My fear is if Thomas struggles down the stretch & in the playoffs & Rask has to be given the reign's again the Bs wasted a huge opportunity to trade Thomas when his value was at an alltime high. If Thomas struggles then this may prevent other teams from taking a gamble on him.

I don't think the Bs can win a cup with Thomas as the guy. I hope I am wrong but I feel the final stretch for him this season will tell a lot how the Bs will go forward after the year. If they don't win the cup I bet they do everything in there power to move him in the offseason. We shall see how it all plays out. Hopefully THomas will at least finish strong & lowering his minutes may be best for all involved so he can keep those stats down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien:
    [QUOTE]If they don't win the cup I bet they do everything in there power to move him in the offseason. We shall see how it all plays out. Hopefully THomas will at least finish strong & lowering his minutes may be best for all involved so he can keep those stats down.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Considering the last game of Mr. Rask, do you really think they're ready to hand him the reigns?  As Bruins fans, we've seen the One Year Wonder goalie too many times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Weak goal by TT!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien : In January, he was 6-1-2 with a 2.05 GAA and .941SV%. What a bum.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Think of the 2 sources here NAS! Two of the biggest TT haters on here! When TT was out of his mind, these two you didn't see! DK was the other one. They showed their names when TT came back down to earth. They talk about people slamming Rask, but they can't wait for TT to falter, or in Newfie's case he only wants TT to play well to increase his trade value! What kind of a fan is that? You have a goalie on your team who's going to most probably win his 2nd Vezina in 3 seasons & this guy is still talking about trading him! That's genius talking right there!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TT pooped in his whole families cornflakes! Did you not know that the only time Sox & Newfie say a lot is when they bash TT? Very rarely do they have anything to add in a postive light. They only come on here to bash & trash the Bruins only multiple trophy winner & 3 time all-star!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yes Newfie and Soxfan,  your beloved Rask just threw another guy on defense under the bus.  Real classy !!! 
    Especially the one that put his body in front of shots the most on your team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

I completely agree SoxfaninIL,

Thomas is nothing more than an average/mediocre goalie who is coming back down to earth from a lucky start to the season. Put him on a team without Julien's system and watch his numbers reach Jimmy Howard territory ie: mediocre, just like Thomas himself

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I completely agree SoxfaninIL, Thomas is nothing more than an average/mediocre goalie who is coming back down to earth from a lucky start to the season. Put him on a team without Julien's system and watch his numbers reach Jimmy Howard territory ie: mediocre, just like Thomas himself
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]
    Interesting, both goalies are helping their respective teams lead their divisions. Terrible terrible terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I completely agree SoxfaninIL, Thomas is nothing more than an average/mediocre goalie who is coming back down to earth from a lucky start to the season. Put him on a team without Julien's system and watch his numbers reach Jimmy Howard territory ie: mediocre, just like Thomas himself
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

Good thing you made up another name Soxfan. Now you have about 5 that agree with you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT Fans Should Be THRILLED With Julien : Good thing you made up another name Soxfan. Now you have about 5 that agree with you!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    LoL, dont get mad at me because your circus goalie Thomas will never come close to a cup, or even playoff success for that matter.

BTW, Im not soxfan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

OK Miller then?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]yes Newfie and Soxfan,  your beloved Rask just threw another guy on defense under the bus.  Real classy !!!  Especially the one that put his body in front of shots the most on your team.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Hated Rask' body language. Immature & something he has to cut out going fwd in his career.

However, he has learned from the best. Check out Thomas' interview after the loss to Buffalo on the Boyes goal. The king of excuses. Check out after the loss to Montreal where the Bruins blew a 2 goal lead. How about the loss to Atlanta earlier in the season. The pattern is there from Thomas.

The guy always has an excuse & his fans eat it up everytime. When Thomas pushes his net off in spite after a goal his fans say it is fire.

Both guys have done this & both has to cut it out. I expect more from a 36 yr as opposed to a 23 yr old. Hopefully Tuukka learns as he gets older you can't do that. But at 36 it appears Tim Thomas is what he is. I don't expect the excuse making to change when he subtlly throws his teamates under the bus while deflecting all criticism & blame from himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like both goalies I'm satisfied with having the problem of having two solid goalies. If price were to have some freak injury would their fans rather have Auld or Tuukka ? Any GM throughout the league would love to have Chiarelli's problem.

For some when Rask loses it's the system that fails or when Thomas lets in a goal it's a softie not the system. There are some that will never be happy with either. One thing I do know they will both be here next year two good solid goalies competition between goalies is good all the way around.

Sections
Shortcuts