TT = Mr. five hole

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

TT = Mr. five hole

You can all say what you want, but TT is showing his true colors. Vezina, best sv%, best GAA, yada, yada. He does not steal important games consitantly...period. Think Jumbo Joe Thornton. He is not a winner or champion and I've said many times before, the B's WILL NOT WIN A CUP WITH TT IN NET!!!!! His flip flop, too aggressive style does well in the regular season, but he gets eaten alive when the pressure is on. The boys did not play well tonight, but neither did NY, the difference was goal tending. I want a cup more than most, but I know it will not happen while Mr five hole is playing here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Re: TT = Mr. five hole

Great Post... I agree 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Mr. 5-hole, Mr. "Where's my Crease", you name it tonight. Saw it in the first 5 min. Sloppy. Of course, soon enough, the rest of the team followed his lead with their own versions of sloppy play. SO many turn-overs, and by everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Did you say, "does not steal important games?"

That is the dumbest thing EVER!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Tonight, TT was not on his game.

If you don't think is a Vesina worthy, this must have been the only game you've watch this season.... and that's ashame, because Tim has been amazing this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

How can ANY goaltender win/steal games with "defense?" like that tonight? I mean Kaberle? Really? Play defense first then move up the ice WITH THE TEAM! SOOO many times I watch him leave the zone before the puck. Guy all alone in front of the net. Thomas had no chance there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

bottom line is Thomas blew the game tonight. Another bottom line is that the Bruins would not be in the position they are right now without Thomas

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Call him Mr. Vezina come June..That last game versus Montreal, that wasn't important? How was his five hole that night?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I also think that TT cannot win big games but since he had a great season this year i am willing to give him a chance in the playoffs.  On the other hand if he does not deliver in the playoffs... CJ will have to go with Rask and quickly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Give me a break, if that was rask, he would be getting absolutely crucified on this board. But since it's floppy, the fanboys come out with the "Where was the D" excuses.

All 4 of the goals TT gave up tonight were softies

1st goal- You are gonna tell me that goal wasnt soft??? He let a shot slowly dribble through his net and vinny prospal is never gonna score a goal that easy again.

2nd goal- through the 5 hole.

3rd goal- flopping out of position

4th goal- Quite possibly one of the softest goales in the league this season

Get real if you think he's the best goalie in the NHL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

This is NOT to say TT isn't Vezina worthy. But if you watch the games, you know he has his ugly moments.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

holy crap we have so many fairwearther fans in here!!!

TT is going to win the vezina, after a SUPERB year and he is being questioned???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: TT = Mr. five hole:
    Tonight, TT was not on his game. If you don't think is a Vesina worthy, this must have been the only game you've watch this season.... and that's ashame, because Tim has been amazing this year.
    Posted by BigD7

He was amazing in November.  He spent most of the rest of the year benefitting from the B's smothering defense.  He hasn't been very good for months now.  Even in the last few games with 2 shutouts, he's made very few tough saves per game.

Goalies like Lundqvist and Rinne play EVERY SINGLE GAME and carry their teams night after night NOW, not in November.  Rinne plays Detroit several times a year while TT gets "rested" to keep him "fresh" while they protect his stats.  Lundqvist is the ENTIRE reason NYR makes the playoffs... the B's wouldnt have missed TT if he went back to Michigan in February.

I'm sure warm n fuzzy story Timmy wins the Vezina, even though he's been coddled and protected during the stretch run and those league leading numbers (that didnt do anything for the guy who had them last year)  I suppose are some sort of deciding factor.

Giving him the Vezina instead of Rinne and Lundqvist is an absolute joke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to TT = Mr. five hole:
    You can all say what you want, but TT is showing his true colors. Vezina, best sv%, best GAA, yada, yada. He does not steal important games consitantly...period. Think Jumbo Joe Thornton. He is not a winner or champion and I've said many times before, the B's WILL NOT WIN A CUP WITH TT IN NET!!!!! His flip flop, too aggressive style does well in the regular season, but he gets eaten alive when the pressure is on. The boys did not play well tonight, but neither did NY, the difference was goal tending. I want a cup more than most, but I know it will not happen while Mr five hole is playing here.
    Posted by sparky1313

His flip flop too agressive style is going to win him his secon Vezina and possibly a Hart. I'd say he is holding his own pretty well. Even Mr. Vezina let in a five hole goal now and then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And right on cue Ha Ha...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Give me a break, if that was rask, he would be getting absolutely crucified on this board. But since it's floppy, the fanboys come out with the "Where was the D" excuses. All 4 of the goals TT gave up tonight were softies 1st goal- You are gonna tell me that goal wasnt soft??? He let a shot slowly dribble through his net and vinny prospal is never gonna score a goal that easy again. 2nd goal- through the 5 hole. 3rd goal- flopping out of position 4th goal- Quite possibly one of the softest goales in the league this season Get real if you think he's the best goalie in the NHL
    Posted by TTisOverrated

I can agree to 1 and 4, and even then I'd give him a Mulligan on the first one. The second goal, pass out from behind the net to an open forward... 5-hole or not, that's not a softie, and the the 3rd goal, flat footed one on one, goalie is at the mercy of the forward. So no, not a softie IMO.

What about #5... he wasn't even in the net, definately pin that one on him as well! lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

In Response to Re: TT = Mr. five hole : He was amazing in November.  He spent most of the rest of the year benefitting from the B's smothering defense.  He hasn't been very good for months now.  Even in the last few games with 2 shutouts, he's made very few tough saves per game. Goalies like Lundqvist and Rinne play EVERY SINGLE GAME and carry their teams night after night NOW, not in November.  Rinne plays Detroit several times a year while TT gets "rested" to keep him "fresh" while they protect his stats.  Lundqvist is the ENTIRE reason NYR makes the playoffs... the B's wouldnt have missed TT if he went back to Michigan in February. I'm sure warm n fuzzy story Timmy wins the Vezina, even though he's been coddled and protected during the stretch run and those league leading numbers (that didnt do anything for the guy who had them last year)  I suppose are some sort of deciding factor. Giving him the Vezina instead of Rinne and Lundqvist is an absolute joke.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Gawd, I wish I had a better memory, 'cause I watch almost every game and he has been stellar through out the entire season, with the exception for a couple of weeks last month I believe. Again, I can't remember which games, but if we could go back perhaps and look at his "game stars" if you feel they are not homer awards, you'd see, he's been relavent. Yes defense helps him, but a lot of times, he's hung out to dry and saves the D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I also think that TT cannot win big games but since he had a great season this year i am willing to give him a chance in the playoffs.  On the other hand if he does not deliver in the playoffs... CJ will have to go with Rask and quickly. 
    Posted by lucaooo

I'm on board with this post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soco42. Show soco42's posts

I was at this very frustrating game 2nite. From what i just witnessed the bruins will not make it passed the first round. Being a Bruins fan I hope i am wrong however. It seems Boston is just built for let downs. 3-0 lead blown once again? c'mon! 4 straight goals in this game from the B's playing it safe defensively.Reminds me of the Pats prevent defense. Never works. I like the offense, but outside of TT where is this improved defense?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

A few simple numbers should put this dilemma out of its misery. Just look at the shots against and 3+goal games stats: http://is.gd/qBvV98

In sum, neither scoring nor the D can explain the Bs' success this season--not on their own and not even in large part.

That leaves the goaltending.

If TT doesn't steal important games then Bs aren't in the playoffs and this was all a sick dream.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

No matter how you look at TT he will never come through when you need him to. Clod better have a very short leash on floppy in the playoffs. I agree with soxfan & lucaooo on every point. He had no focus what so ever last night and not being rested is not the case. Caught out of position and lost track of the puck too many times. If you say he "stole" games for the B's this season you are partially right because his style makes him look like he's saving the world when in fact he is out of position and has to scramble. The team needs a lot of credit for TT's success this year. He definitely "LOST" the game last night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Did you say, "does not steal important games?" That is the dumbest thing EVER!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

No he said does not steal important games Constantly.

Apparently if you have a good goalie, you NEVER lose an important game.

I hadn't realized that before and have been way too lenient on my assessment of every Bruins goaltender I have watched.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

No matter how you look at TT he will never come through when you need him to. Clod better have a very short leash on floppy in the playoffs. I agree with soxfan & lucaooo on every point. He had no focus what so ever last night and not being rested is not the case. Caught out of position and lost track of the puck too many times. If you say he "stole" games for the B's this season you are partially right because his style makes him look like he saving the world when in fact he is out of position and has to scramble. The team needs a lot of credit for TT's success this year. He definitely "LOST" the game last night.
    Posted by jwb413

I chose this message but I am responding to a lot of people. 

It is so easy to be negative.  We can't win it with him. You say that, and right now if all playoff teams have an equal chance at the cup, then you have a 94% chance that you get to come back and say oh I said this before the playoffs even started.

The other guys are pros to this is not EA sports where a Human is being tested against a computer.  You don't get to have a 94% chance at being right if you believe in your team.

So all of the naysayers out there I will get it out of the way right now.  You are all probably right.  We probably won't win it all this year, and it doesn't matter who plays in goal or who plays on what line or how much ice time a rookie gets.  Sports, particularly proffessional sports are exciting because when you do win, especially in a capped league, you have inevitably overcome long odds.  If you just like to be right go to every teams board let the fans know there team is bound to lose, and in the end you can go back and let 94% of the people know you were right.  Even better you won't have to acknowledge you were actually wrong on the other board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigMonty. Show bigMonty's posts

it was one game folks, and it didnt mean anything to the B's except that it showed that they're not disciplined. Will they win the cup, probably not (see post above), but to pin the reason why they won't win all on one player, whether its TT or Bergie or Tylor is utterly ridiculous. The Bruins have had they're ups and downs this year, with mostly ups, and its been a fun year to watch them. I for one am looking forward to seeing what they can do in the playoffs when they have something to play for!

As for TT not being Vezina worthy, go back to the last Habs game, or any of the shutout games he's had in the last few weeks. Just because he's unorthodox and aggressive and "flops" doesnt mean he's no good, that logic doesnt even make sense! As long as he keeps the puck out of the net, he's doing his job, and his numbers say he's doing his job real well!

People also said Hasek was a flopper....

(and no, I'm not implying TT is on Hasek's level, just saying being unorthodox isnt a bad thing)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Call him Mr. Vezina come June..That last game versus Montreal, that wasn't important? How was his five hole that night?
    Posted by kelvana33

Completely Agree kelv.

I love the Sig it seems like 4-5 people are suffering from diahreah of the mouth on here today.

Sections
Shortcuts