TT must be rested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

Re: TT must be rested

Timmy is tired from reading all these posts!  If TT was letting in goals by the dozen there would be a bunch of you wanted him traded, contract voided, banished to Serbia, etc.  Now that he's THE BEST goalie in the game right now, and a strong MVP candidate, the complaint is his style, Tukka is getting rusty or Timmy's only winning easy games.  Look at his game logs.  This is some of the teams he faced in December - Montreal, Philly twice, Washington, Pittsburg, Tampa Bay twice, Atlanta all who are top 8 in the East.  That's 7 games against playoff teams from the East in December.  Where were all the easy games?  Now pick up your gerbil and head back to Montreal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: TT must be rested:
    Timmy is tired from reading all these posts!  If TT was letting in goals by the dozen there would be a bunch of you wanted him traded, contract voided, banished to Serbia, etc.  Now that he's THE BEST goalie in the game right now, and a strong MVP candidate, the complaint is his style, Tukka is getting rusty or Timmy's only winning easy games.  Look at his game logs.  This is some of the teams he faced in December - Montreal, Philly twice, Washington, Pittsburg, Tampa Bay twice, Atlanta all who are top 8 in the East.  That's 7 games against playoff teams from the East in December.  Where were all the easy games?  Now pick up your gerbil and head back to Montreal.
    Posted by teibore1

You should pick up the thread and actually read it.  No one's suggesting what you said.

Or if you have read the thread, are you saying that TT should play every game for the rest of the season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You have to have thick skin to be a dickk like me. LOL, yea that comes with being a Maritmer buddy! Comes from too much fish, beer & women! So has it finally stopped snowing yet? Can't ask my dad cause he's in FLA. on vacation. What about the flooding in St.Stephen? The Miramichi got hit hard with flooding too! Then the blizzards hit, not too long after.  
    Posted by nitemare-38

Not too bad in SJ where I am but the rest of the province(St.George/St.Stephen in particular)got hit hard.Your Dad picked a good time to go south.Cheers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Go watch a couple bits of footage of Rask last year before the playoffs in the early to mid season is fine, but even in the late season he showed a near swagger. When there was a stoppage in play he'd take a short skate around drink from his water bottle, and have upright confident body language. Since the playoffs he's far more likely to stay in the crease, usually bent over, he's also playing deeper in the crease, and standing bent under it during times he used to talk to his linemates or at least look over to the bench.

The same type thing is true off the ice but less noticeable. He doesn't have the panache he had last year, he's not projecting confidence. If you're really bored and go back and look at some of Manny Fernandez's games when his back was bothering him, you'll see him doing the same stuff. When he was healthy he was more upright and focused on the non-play elements of the game.

I don't think Rask is injured, I just don't see his confidence anywhere near as high as it was. This is why most goalies are brougth along slowly. The ability to shake off really bad things that you are (partially) personally responsible for isn't one you're born with, it develops, usually after a few bad experiences. Rask had some blah AHL playoffs but I doubt he was completely run off the ice like Philly did to him.

In Response to Re: TT must be rested : How so?  Please elaborate...
    Posted by Crowls2424

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Go watch a couple bits of footage of Rask last year before the playoffs in the early to mid season is fine, but even in the late season he showed a near swagger. When there was a stoppage in play he'd take a short skate around drink from his water bottle, and have upright confident body language. Since the playoffs he's far more likely to stay in the crease, usually bent over, he's also playing deeper in the crease, and standing bent under it during times he used to talk to his linemates or at least look over to the bench. The same type thing is true off the ice but less noticeable. He doesn't have the panache he had last year, he's not projecting confidence. If you're really bored and go back and look at some of Manny Fernandez's games when his back was bothering him, you'll see him doing the same stuff. When he was healthy he was more upright and focused on the non-play elements of the game. I don't think Rask is injured, I just don't see his confidence anywhere near as high as it was. This is why most goalies are brougth along slowly . The ability to shake off really bad things that you are (partially) personally responsible for isn't one you're born with, it develops, usually after a few bad experiences. Rask had some blah AHL playoffs but I doubt he was completely run off the ice like Philly did to him. In Response to Re: TT must be rested :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Body language analysis?  You sure you have this kid all figured out after 10 regular season games (9 starts) because he doesn't drink from his water bottle the way you want him to?

You know that although Rask doesn't have enough games to qualify, he ranks 4th in the NHL in SV% @ .927.  Not too bad for a goalie that has lost his swagger?

Your explanation is void of any substance at all. In the end, seems like the issue is that you continue to blame Rask for the collapse against Philly and you want to hold him accountable.  I am not sure where Tuukka's confidence is at, but you clearly have zero in him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TT must be rested : Body language analysis?  You sure you have this kid all figured out after 10 regular season games (9 starts) because he doesn't drink from his water bottle the way you want him to? You know that although Rask doesn't have enough games to qualify, he ranks 4th in the NHL in SV% @ .927.  Not too bad for a goalie that has lost his swagger?   Your explanation is void of any substance at all. In the end, seems like the issue is that you continue to blame Rask for the collapse against Philly and you want to hold him accountable.  I am not sure where Tuukka's confidence is at, but you clearly have zero in him. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

Great reply Crowls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You might have a point if i didn't have a degree in psychology.

In Response to Re: TT must be rested : Body language analysis?  You sure you have this kid all figured out after 10 regular season games (9 starts) because he doesn't drink from his water bottle the way you want him to? You know that although Rask doesn't have enough games to qualify, he ranks 4th in the NHL in SV% @ .927.  Not too bad for a goalie that has lost his swagger?   Your explanation is void of any substance at all. In the end, seems like the issue is that you continue to blame Rask for the collapse against Philly and you want to hold him accountable.  I am not sure where Tuukka's confidence is at, but you clearly have zero in him. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You might have a point if i didn't have a degree in psychology. In Response to Re: TT must be rested :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

No,he's still got a point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Back to the point here. Thomas or Rask tonight? Id play Rask seems like teams always come out flat for rask this season.

With all the hype leading up to this game I doubt that would happen this time. It would be a good confidence booster for Tuuka too if he could win a big game instead of playing against the Islanders or something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Back to the point here. Thomas or Rask tonight? Id play Rask seems like teams always come out flat for rask this season. With all the hype leading up to this game I doubt that would happen this time. It would be a good confidence booster for Tuuka too if he could win a big game instead of playing against the Islanders or something.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I agree 100%.(I know it's strange).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You might have a point if i didn't have a degree in psychology. In Response to Re: TT must be rested :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

My wife has a degree in psychology too...she has been very successful in the financial services industry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Rask should of got the start tonight.  All you had to do is watch the Tampa game to notice Timmy looked fatigued. 

...and Thomas lets in a softie early in this game as I am typing.

Sections
Shortcuts