TT tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: TT tonight

Panthers trolls go away!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Boy, I hate to bet against TT, but this seems it could be the beginning of the end.  Even the toughest mentally can't control physical deterioration.  A year off probably didn't help either.  Hope he comes back, but we'll see.

And...

Declaration of Independence, 1776 - radical, not-conservative

Constitution, 1789 - conservative, not radical

Bill of Rights, 1791 -  liberal, not-conservative

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Boy, I hate to bet against TT, but this seems it could be the beginning of the end.  Even the toughest mentally can't control physical deterioration.  A year off probably didn't help either.  Hope he comes back, but we'll see.

And...

Agree with everything you have said.

Plus: Revolting from a monarchy to build an independent republic based on democracy, individual rights and the rule of law-the very definition of radicalism in the 18th century.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Panthers trolls go away!

shouldn't you be out spotting big foot, UFOs and marrying your first cousins like the rest of your southern neighbors?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And...

I do hope TT can heal up completely and quickly, as I was looking forward to seeing how his game has held up and you can't accurately do that if he's nursing an injury.

And I disagree with you saying the Constitution of 1789 wasn't radical. The separation of powers gave a level of State autonomy from central government that was radical for the time, and the separation of the three branches was certainly a radical departure from other governmental structures of the time, in particular giving definitive authority to the judicial branch. The impacts on governance were conservative, but the concepts were radical.

There were also some extremely liberal concepts in the Constitution such as the Postal Clause and the Census Clause (though aspects of that clause are now arcane and pretty disturbing, it was a radical and very liberal departure from previous methods of defining representation and tax dispersal).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Panthers trolls go away!

shouldn't you be out spotting big foot, UFOs and marrying your first cousins like the rest of your southern neighbors?

[/QUOTE]

...and BadHab for the win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm in Florida, not Maine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm in Florida, not Maine.

Sorry.

Shouldn't you be out poaching gators and drinking moonshine shirtless in your bib overalls?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

In response to seobrien's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And if you think conservative principles, the same principles that gave us this country, are principles of nut jobs, i feel sorry for you.

That was ugly.  The Markstrom era has arrived.

Bruins board so not wanting to bring up political shenanigans (and I don't care  who is left or right). but this country was founded on very radical principles for their time, not conservative ones.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  It's documented history the founders were of protestant descent running from a Monarchy controlled by the Catholic religion..  They taught protestant principles in the schools as exampled by the texted books of the time.  And George Washington was found on several occasions on his hands and knee's in front of a bibile in his home, or praying near a bivouac site on the battle field.  Seems pretty conservative to me.  Radically conservative.  Maybe alot like the Tea Party. :)

[/QUOTE]

the English monarchy was controlled by the Pope? Who knew?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wow,  NHL.com just had a look in on the Panthers Flyers game and wow - was that ugly.  It looked totally disorganized, like a pick up game or something.

TT is probably faking it so he can get out with his tea party nut jobs.  

I doubt he's faking it.  They scored on the play. [/QUOTE]

Defenitely not faking, he was hurt right away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And...

I do hope TT can heal up completely and quickly, as I was looking forward to seeing how his game has held up and you can't accurately do that if he's nursing an injury.

And I disagree with you saying the Constitution of 1789 wasn't radical. The separation of powers gave a level of State autonomy from central government that was radical for the time, and the separation of the three branches was certainly a radical departure from other governmental structures of the time, in particular giving definitive authority to the judicial branch. The impacts on governance were conservative, but the concepts were radical.

There were also some extremely liberal concepts in the Constitution such as the Postal Clause and the Census Clause (though aspects of that clause are now arcane and pretty disturbing, it was a radical and very liberal departure from previous methods of defining representation and tax dispersal).

Yeah, the whole discussion would be too long and boring for this forum, but my very brief point above is not really to say that one document is conservative or liberal, or even simple enough to be classified as one or the other.  Rather I would just say that the three landmarks mentioned above are not the product of one idealogy and did not come about in a linear way.  They actually tug in different directions.  The DOI was alarmingly radical obviously.  The Constitution, while complicated and unique for its time, was almost a rebuttal in some ways, pulling things back towards conservatism and stability of the state (albeit in a different way than the old country).  The BOR went back in the other direction -- radical, liberal, power to the people. The founding documents were the product of plural ideologies and deliberation, not some neatly shared values of one persuasion or another.

Back to hockey, let the Markstrom ear begin.  Maybe TT will be healed up and ready to go for the playoffs...

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

the English monarchy was controlled by the Pope? Who knew?

Yeah, best not to take any of that paragraph too literally.

And that was certainly no fake by TT.  He's injured.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Haha! 81.4% of the posters on here don't know who Sam Malone is but that's funny!

Also, TT out of position? How unlike him. <--- sarcasm

Um, I kinda doubt 81.4 per cent of posters here have never seen a Cheers episode.

Um, I kinda doubt you understand I was making up a number there. I have a life so no time to conduct research on the television viewing habits of BDC posters :P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Little known fact, uh, red, uh, like most tv shows, the Cheers pilot was, uhhh, very different from the show we came to know and love.  For example, it was set in, uh, Portland and, uh, the uh, the cast of characters frequently talked about going to WHL games rather than baseball.  And the character "Coach" was, uh, he was supposed to be first Winterhawks coach Ken Hodge, there.

Are you not entertained?!?!

LMAO

Dont you have some mail to deliver Cliff?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nerd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What do you know about independence?

You still bow your head to the Queen.  We kicked that family to the curb 237 years ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Nerd

[/QUOTE]

That's political nerd, thank you very much ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You still bow your head to the Queen.  We kicked that family to the curb 237 years ago.

Yeah but when things get screwy up here that family (actually its representative) can drag our elected politicians heads out of their collective butts. When things go screwy for you, they put a closed sign on the Grand Canyon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Two things I can't stand. Politics and religion. Two more corrupt things you will not find.

Anyways, turns out TT has a strained groin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Long live the Queen !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know.  It's documented history the founders were of protestant descent running from a Monarchy controlled by the Catholic religion..  They taught protestant principles in the schools as exampled by the texted books of the time.  And George Washington was found on several occasions on his hands and knee's in front of a bibile in his home, or praying near a bivouac site on the battle field.  Seems pretty conservative to me.  Radically conservative.  Maybe alot like the Tea Party. :)

"Radically conservative" at that point in history meant loyal to England.

Try to read your history a little closer and you might find George Washington was on the side of the REVOLUTIONARIES which is about as anti conservative as you can be.

This is why I have you on ignore.  Because you are truly ignorant.

[/QUOTE]

When you said tea party nut jobs I thought you were talking about 2013, not 1776.

The tea party believes in conservative principles, the same principles that Washington fought for and founded this country on: Being endowed by God the right to pursue life, liberty (in your case liberalism) and the pursuit of happiness.  And is based on strong moral order in both the human soul and the Commonwealth.

All true of the tea party, which you so callously slandered.  Are you even an American?

Now about Tim;  I hope he recovers quickly because I love watching him and I think he can still help the Panthers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's politicalnerd, thank you very much ;)

Duly noted.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Dim09's comment:

All true of the tea party, which you so callously slandered.  Are you even an American?

Sorry.  I intended to viciously slander the tea party, not callously.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The tea party believes in conservative principles, the same principles that Washington fought for and founded this country on: Being endowed by God the right to pursue life, liberty (in your case liberalism) and the pursuit of happiness.  And is based on strong moral order in both the human soul and the Commonwealth.

bim, you gotta stop.  Historically there are so many things wrong with these posts, but the desire to and avoid politics is too appealing for me to really get into it here.  You've got a right to your view, but the attempts to link them back to the Founders is just a mess.  The tea party platform is no more directly linked to the Founders than the Greenpeace platform, which is to say that either platform today would be barely recognizable to Washington, other than both having the right to exist (and Washington was one of 7 or 8 key framers of the Constitution, several having very different idealogies).  

Lest you think I am disagreeing because I am a liberal or a Democrat, you would be wrong.  I'm objecting to your logic and grossly simplified interpretation of the Founders' views, not your preference for the tea party today. 

Anyhow, I hope TT comes back too.  It would be good for hockey and fun to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"All true of the tea party, which you so callously slandered.  Are you even an American?"

Nothing is true about the KochHead funded radicals.

Please go to the political comment section of BDC with Boehner crying please.

Sections
Shortcuts