TT Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

TT Traded

To Isles.  Conditional 2nd rounder...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: TT Traded

2014 or 2015 2nd rounder.  B's dump salary and Isles desperately get to cap floor.  No word on whether TT actiually plays or not....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415479

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

2nd rounder? Vezina trophy and stanley cup winner? Eek would liked a first but ok. Can use that money now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:

2nd rounder? Vezina trophy and stanley cup winner? Eek would liked a first but ok. Can use that money now...

You could also rationalize that a 2nd rounder is good for a guy who might never play again.  

I don't know if the Isles even want him on the ice -- they may just want salary which gets them to the cap floor without actually having to pay it.

Tons of unknowns here.  I'm happy to turn the page with a 2nd rounder from what should still be a lousy team for a few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:

Lucky to get a 2nd rounder for a guy who wasnt playing...Though I will admit, when I heard it I was hoping for Niederrieter...Wishful thinking, but it crossed my mind..Good luck trying to make the USA squad with an Isles team in front of you...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pierre LeBrun is reporting that Thomas will not play this year. If he doesn't play they get nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonwarrior. Show bostonwarrior's posts

Great trade if they can get a second round pick, and clear cap space for a guy who isn't even playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

good riddance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

the condition on the 2nd rd pick is that TT plays 1 game for the Islanders.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

They must be trying to pick up someone if they made a move like that. Hope Marchand is not going to be out for an extended amount of time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Pierre LeBrun is reporting that Thomas will not play this year. If he doesn't play they get nothing.

Could be Pete's way of saying Tukka it's all yours and he doesn't have to look over his shoulder any more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

One day I would like to read the real story of why Timmy turned on the Bruins and things went downhill after the amazing run to the Cup.. One opinion  was the backlash he got from the White House no show and the lack of support from upper management, who clearly came out and  distanced themselves from his personal agenda.. I think that hurt him badly..and figured it was time to move on.. I know there's more to this story but to just turn your back on a city, and leave for Colorado was weird to say the least..

Again, I liked Timmy as a goalie, no one contributed more to that Cup run than him and will always be happy for him in that he achieved his dream.. 

Good for Chiarelli to free up cash , but this was an easy decision.. have to stock up cash to resign Tukka..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

To Isles.  Conditional 2nd rounder...

Don't be surprised if the Islanders deal his rights & Tim Thomas returns and gets a new 2 yr extension with his new team. Would not be surprised in the least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Good. 2nd round pick for a guy who probably won't play again is great. Also, it's the islanders to there's a chance it's a 40-50 overall.

Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, and Marchand were all drafted in that area. Not to say that they will draft someone of that calibre, but it's better than being stuck with his contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Anyone know if the Bs get the pick if the Isles trade his rights? I heard it carries, but then does the pick come from the Isles or the new team?

Anyway, I agree good riddance. Best line so far from Broph on NHL Network: If Timmy plays for the Islanders, at least he doesn't have to worry about trips to the White House.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Curious as to why now, when the cap space doesn't really help since there are likely few trade partners yet. Why not wait until closer to the deadline? PC doesn't need to "send messages" to Tuukka. I'm not saying it's a bad move, but closer to the deadline would make more sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

One day I would like to read the real story of why Timmy turned on the Bruins and things went downhill after the amazing run to the Cup.. One opinion  was the backlash he got from the White House no show and the lack of support from upper management, who clearly came out and  distanced themselves from his personal agenda.. I think that hurt him badly..and figured it was time to move on.. I know there's more to this story but to just turn your back on a city, and leave for Colorado was weird to say the least..

Again, I liked Timmy as a goalie, no one contributed more to that Cup run than him and will always be happy for him in that he achieved his dream.. 

Good for Chiarelli to free up cash , but this was an easy decision.. have to stock up cash to resign Tukka..

At the end of the day it will probably be about money, years of contract, and playing time.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I wish we would have gotten a PP coach in return.

I'm just glad he's not on a team that I have to worry about in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

They must be trying to pick up someone if they made a move like that. Hope Marchand is not going to be out for an extended amount of time. 

I think the timing is more likely to be about the Isles needing to get to the cap floor immediately.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Curious as to why now, when the cap space doesn't really help since there are likely few trade partners yet. Why not wait until closer to the deadline? PC doesn't need to "send messages" to Tuukka. I'm not saying it's a bad move, but closer to the deadline would make more sense.

You have an opportunity to move out a $5million contract you do it.....there may not be another chance. Good move PC even if it is for nothing (TT likely will not play a game this season).

Sections
Shortcuts