TT Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: TT Traded

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yes the devils and canucks are comparable

Either that, or it's a biased opinion based on the fact that TT is ultra conservative and you are a radical communist which makes your red panties get all bunched up

Nice job on the Bruins fan thing

I'm done now - enjoy spewing your venom

Cheers!

opinion    o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA

noun

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. 2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal

fact [fakt] Show IPA

noun

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact. 2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Parmenides claimed that there is no truth in the opinions of the mortals.  Greek Philsopher who ideas are the basis for western thought.  Hehe. 

Anywho:  TT stands for Thomas and the Team.  My point, would Thomas been anything with Chara? Then start adding the other players one by one.  The answer is the Team won.  

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

noun

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. 2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal

fact [fakt] Show IPA

noun

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact. 2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Parmenides claimed that there is no truth in the opinions of the mortals.  Greek Philsopher who ideas are the basis for western thought.  Hehe. 

Anywho:  TT stands for Thomas and the Team.  My point, would Thomas been anything with Chara? Then start adding the other players one by one.  The answer is the Team won.  

noun

fact [fakt] Show IPA

noun

Oh and it looks like McKenzie was right, or at least the majority of people are saying that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Eastern conf. finals game 7

Stanley cup finals game 7

Stopped 61-61

0 goals allowed

Against the Lightning and Canucks

J Quick is real good and had awesome stats against the NJ Devils, but that doesn't compare to what TT didThere is no higher level a goaltender ever played on. Give the guy credit where it's due, he earned it -

Yeah, sure thing. Quick doesn't compare. I'm not sure how breaking his records isn't worthy of comparison. Get over it already. TT was good. Quick was even better. Unlike what you provided, it's not just an opinion. Those are facts (brought to you by the Selective Highlighter).

Thomas 2011-1.98 GAA and .940 SP

Quick in 2012-1.41 GAA and .946 SP

Dez, I agreed with you all along, but the stats don't tell the full story. The Canucks were near the top of the league in goals for. N.J wasn't.  Quick was sensational & had a fantastic season too. Both goalie's deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. Putting one in front of the other is nit picking. 

Agreed Nite, but I certainly wasn't the one claiming Quick's performance "doesn't compare". Quick also didn't just beat the Devils. He went 16-4 with series one being against those same Canucks. Let's not forget the Kings were the 8th seed. No team has ever faced a more difficult road so when Jwens says Quick "doesn't compare" to TT it just seems like an outrageous case of homerism. Quick broke his records. He bested his GAA by more than a half goal per game. It's not only comparable, it's a huge difference. They each won 16 games. TT lost only 9. Quick lost only 4 games. The .57 difference in GAA is likely a big reason why Quick didn't lose as many times right? I think both goalies played great for their teams and I'm happy with Rask moving forward. Go Bruins!

Great Post Dez! I'm happy with Rask as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Should he play again it'll be weird seeing Thomas in, say Islander blue.  Can't  quite imagine it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Should he play again it'll be weird seeing Thomas in, say Islander blue.  Can't  quite imagine it.

I'll be he keeps his black & white quarter image mask where ever he goes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Since the Isles are moving to Brooklyn I wonder if they will make a uniform change.

And I wonder if they can entice TT to sign with them if they design tea party uniforms for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He will.  It has no Bruin-specific stuff on it, does it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He will.  It has no Bruin-specific stuff on it, does it?

True, nothing Bruins specific.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thank you TT. Good luck as long as it isn't playing against the Bruins!

PC continues to impress with his deals...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I disagree about the ire of Isles fans.  You're building with young players, you don't want to just toss money at UFAs for the sake of making the cap floor, and you really don't want to have to get there at the expense of playing time for young guys.  Their top 6 is pretty respectable with Tavares and Moulson, Grabner and Okposo.  The bottom six needs work, but they have vets like Boyes and Martin to go with some young guys who should be able to contribute.  Always liked Czikas, for example.  But they're not close to contending and another 5-10 mil in UFA salary is unlikely to get them there.  The D is non-descript with Visnovsky out, and not much better with him in, but they have a couple of really good D prospects in Reinhart and Wishart and some quality forward prospects too in Strome, Neids, and Nelson.  Spending more money is off program for them.  If these angry fans are really hockey fans, they'll see the bigger picture.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I disagree about the ire of Isles fans.  You're building with young players, you don't want to just toss money at UFAs for the sake of making the cap floor, and you really don't want to have to get there at the expense of playing time for young guys.  Their top 6 is pretty respectable with Tavares and Moulson, Grabner and Okposo.  The bottom six needs work, but they have vets like Boyes and Martin to go with some young guys who should be able to contribute.  Always liked Czikas, for example.  But they're not close to contending and another 5-10 mil in UFA salary is unlikely to get them there.  The D is non-descript with Visnovsky out, and not much better with him in, but they have a couple of really good D prospects in Reinhart and Wishart and some quality forward prospects too in Strome, Neids, and Nelson.  Spending more money is off program for them.  If these angry fans are really hockey fans, they'll see the bigger picture.

Well stated Book. I also feel it's a reasonable hockey trade regardless of the cap implication. Unless your team is hard against the cap, carrying the extra 5m means nothing. Snow and the Wang still have the chance to add a low cost, 2 time Vezina winner to the lineup for only a 2nd round pick. It's really not even a bad gamble for them. If he does ever want to play then he's a cheap aquisition. If he doesn't then he costs nothing. Win-win really.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Islanders will be in Flatbush on Atlantic avenue in 2015-2016, the year before that is when Wang will allow Snow to spend to the cap with the onset of finally having several corporate suites sold. Also Wang spent $10M on the lighthouse project to try n keep his team on the Island, obviously that money is gone for not so he is not cheap.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Had a good laugh at the Hockey night in Canada hotstove panel as they unanimously were against the TT trade to the Isles. PJ Stock said it was the Isles way of thanking J Jacobs for hardlining the players in the CBA. The rest said it just stunk, circumvention all the way, i just thought it was funny. The B's did it by the rules, TT's contract is current and tradable and thats what they did. A bunch of sour grapes , imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No suprise 50 with Glenn Healy chiming in after Keven Weeks agreed. I knew there would be some in the NHL media that would run with the story that the Bruins practiced cap circumvention.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No suprise 50 with Glenn Healy chiming in after Keven Weeks agreed. I knew there would be some in the NHL media that would run with the story that the Bruins practiced cap circumvention.

It just the media "we hate the Bruins club", started with the 2011 Stanley Cup and hasn't stopped. Its ok by me Sandog as i couldn't care less what the Healy's of the world think of the B's. And of course with Stock, Weekes & Healy being ex players they must just hate JJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Had a good laugh at the Hockey night in Canada hotstove panel as they unanimously were against the TT trade to the Isles. PJ Stock said it was the Isles way of thanking J Jacobs for hardlining the players in the CBA. The rest said it just stunk, circumvention all the way, i just thought it was funny. The B's did it by the rules, TT's contract is current and tradable and thats what they did. A bunch of sour grapes , imo.

50, I saw that also and I feel the same as you do. You can see above that I think it's basically a can't lose proposition for the Isles. If TT wants to play again then Snow has some real options for just a 2nd rounder. If TT never comes back they pay nothing. I don't know what their real problem is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If they didnt talk about these things in the current cba too bad.   I dont think its bruins hating.  Why do people think that?   The world doesnt hate the Bruins.  Glenn Healey is easily my most hated hockey broAdcaster.  Hes an arrogant piece of _____.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If they didnt talk about these things in the current cba too bad.   I dont think its bruins hating.  Why do people think that?   The world doesnt hate the Bruins.  Glenn Healey is easily my most hated hockey broAdcaster.  Hes an arrogant piece of _____.   

I guess maybe i should say i think that, i'm paranoid in my old age.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As dez pts out its a hockey move for both teams.  

A.  It gives the bruins and islanders room to makes moves.  

B.  it gives the bruins a pick and the islanders a top flight goalie.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Also agree with you on Glenn Healy +10! What a joke of an announcer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I guess maybe i should say i think that, i'm paranoid in my old age.  

Where are you from 50?   Nova Scotia is jammed with bruins fans.  I know what you mean though.  hnic gang loves their canadian teams.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I know now Null is Glenn Healy