TT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

TT

His goaltending su*ks.  He couldn't hold a lead 3 times in game 6 and allowed too many easy ones like that last one between his legs.  He blew game 2 and 5 at home and wouldn't take the blame for it.  Hope the Bruins trade him for a pick when it's all over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Re: TT

This doesn't deserve a response but it's wrong.  TT accepted responsibility despite his not having to...  Considering the softies only isn't fair.  What about that stick save?  What about the lack of scoring support from the top points guys on the team?  What about the fact that we don't have an experienced backup?  Didn't your hating post leave something out about a pumpkinhead, too?  I'd like to see TT stay in his prime forever playing for the B's (& Team USA) but the guy's mortal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to TT:
    [QUOTE]His goaltending su*ks.  He couldn't hold a lead 3 times in game 6 and allowed too many easy ones like that last one between his legs.  He blew game 2 and 5 at home and wouldn't take the blame for it.  Hope the Bruins trade him for a pick when it's all over.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

What's the matter, Celtics are winning so you have nothing to complain about?   Go back to posting about Basketball; because you obviously know nothing about Hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to TT:
    [QUOTE]His goaltending su*ks.  He couldn't hold a lead 3 times in game 6 and allowed too many easy ones like that last one between his legs.  He blew game 2 and 5 at home and wouldn't take the blame for it.  Hope the Bruins trade him for a pick when it's all over.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

Since you are obviously a goalie coach or the like, what what you suggest he do to impr..  well in your words, not "s**k"? 

And once you tell him, please don't be too offended if he does not alter his game based off of your expert recommendations as two time Vezina winners who have also won the Stanely Cup, along with the Conn Smythe, tend to be a bit stubborn.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Re: TT:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TT : Since you are obviously a goalie coach or the like, what what you suggest he do to impr..  well in your words, not "s**k"?  And once you tell him, please don't be too offended if he does not alter his game based off of your expert recommendations as two time Vezina winners who have also won the Stanely Cup, along with the Conn Smythe, tend to be a bit stubborn.   
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people say he is the best goalie. He is not, he is getting beat by a #7 seed.  He gaved up 7 goals in the last 2 games, and if we had any better / decent goaltending, this series should have been over already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He has not been the best goalie in the playoffs but has been solid enough to warrent a game 7 even though the B's are having trouble scoring this series. Timely saves too. If you want bad tending look at the Pens/Philly series.

The bigger issue so far has been the lack of consistent production from their top two lines, although they seem to finally be coming around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he hasnt been as good as last year but that would be hard to duplicate if not impossible. they will need him at his best to win wednesday

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We don't need TT at his best, it would help but its not required for us to win, we need our top two lines to be AT LEAST average if not above average.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I agree that the Bruins are in a game 7 because they have lacked scoring from their top 2 lines until the last 2 games.  But they have also not been as physical as they should be.  Now I am not talking blindly going out and banging people in lieu of getting the puck or to put yourself out of position.  Just good hard nosed Bruins Hockey.  They kind you saw in games 3,4,6 and 7 of the Cup Finals last year.  When they put their heads down and bang bodies and skate that north south crash the net type hockey nobody can touch them.

Anybody know why Thorton was scratched?  I am glad that he was.  He has made some good plays but they need a more skilled big body.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Remember his 3 gams sevens last year. He had two shut outs.I think he will be great on wed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3037. Show bruins3037's posts

Timmy played a great game on Sunday. The Ovechkin goal was soft, but he took responsibility for it. The first goal went off his own player and in, and the second one was thanks to poor defensive coverage, a lot of that because Seidenberg's skate broke. He played excellent and had 36 saves, so I've got no complaints on him. Anybody who watched the game and understands hockey would know he played well. And I understand all the trade talk around him, but why would they trade him away for nothing? I would want a valuable asset in return. Why would we trade a legit number 1 for a second round pick? A deal has to make proper sense, I would think. A lot of people want him gone so we can keep Khubodin. Really? I'd take a proven Vezina, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner over a guy who played one gale for us. I don't care if made 40 saves or not. If he let in 3 goals would we still want him so bad? Probably not. He played a good game. I'm not about to want to see our number 1 traded away for nothing, just so we can hold onto someone with a handful of games played in the NHL. Let Timmy at least play out his contract in Boston. After what he did for this team and city last year, I think that's fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Timmy played a great game on Sunday. The Ovechkin goal was soft, but he took responsibility for it. The first goal went off his own player and in, and the second one was thanks to poor defensive coverage, a lot of that because Seidenberg's skate broke. He played excellent and had 36 saves, so I've got no complaints on him. Anybody who watched the game and understands hockey would know he played well. And I understand all the trade talk around him, but why would they trade him away for nothing? I would want a valuable asset in return. Why would we trade a legit number 1 for a second round pick? A deal has to make proper sense, I would think. A lot of people want him gone so we can keep Khubodin. Really? I'd take a proven Vezina, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner over a guy who played one gale for us. I don't care if made 40 saves or not. If he let in 3 goals would we still want him so bad? Probably not. He played a good game. I'm not about to want to see our number 1 traded away for nothing, just so we can hold onto someone with a handful of games played in the NHL. Let Timmy at least play out his contract in Boston. After what he did for this team and city last year, I think that's fair.
    Posted by bruins3037[/QUOTE]
    Agreed a 2nd round pick would be an awful return for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who has been crazy enough to suggest we trade Thomas for a second round pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

thomas gave up 17 goals in the first round last year, he's given up 14 so far this year.  last year worked out ok.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

All I know is that if I'm going into a game 7 situation, I want Thomas in my net. The guy NEVER gives up on a puck. Unorthodox at times yes, but stops the puck the majority of time. I expect he'll have his best game of the series tomorrow night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]he hasnt been as good as last year but that would be hard to duplicate if not impossible. they will need him at his best to win wednesday
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    Thomas had some bad games last year in the play offs,against Montreal,Tampa,but he was great for all the game seven's,lets hope he's got it this year to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Who has been crazy enough to suggest we trade Thomas for a second round pick?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Many, mostly media guys are quoting "sources" saying that they may explore trading Thomas this off season but I haven't heard anything about what they would get for him.

At 38 and going into the last year of a contract.... I don't even see you getting a second round pick for him.  Honestly.  I think he is more valuable to the team than what we would get in a trade.  No one is going to give up much for an aging goalie who may not resign after that current year.

As for the he stinks comments : Holtby has given up just as many goals?  Why is he so great and Thomas is so bad then?

As for the he stinks because he's being beat by a #7 team... welcome to the NHL where 8's can beat 1's and 7's can beat 2's.  Lundqvist is one of the best in the league on the #1 team in the East.  Guess who's playing game 7 Thursday against the #8 team.  I bet he stinks too right?

And for the record, watch the postgame video or read the post game recaps.  Many of the reporters who have been said to have "agenda's" have pointed out that Thomas has taken full responsibility for the 3rd period of game 5 and the tying goal in game 6. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : Many, mostly media guys are quoting "sources" saying that they may explore trading Thomas this off season but I haven't heard anything about what they would get for him. At 38 and going into the last year of a contract.... I don't even see you getting a second round pick for him.  Honestly.  I think he is more valuable to the team than what we would get in a trade.  No one is going to give up much for an aging goalie who may not resign after that current year. As for the he stinks comments : Holtby has given up just as many goals?  Why is he so great and Thomas is so bad then? As for the he stinks because he's being beat by a #7 team... welcome to the NHL where 8's can beat 1's and 7's can beat 2's.  Lundqvist is one of the best in the league on the #1 team in the East.  Guess who's playing game 7 Thursday against the #8 team.  I bet he stinks too right? And for the record, watch the postgame video or read the post game recaps.  Many of the reporters who have been said to have "agenda's" have pointed out that Thomas has taken full responsibility for the 3rd period of game 5 and the tying goal in game 6. 
    Posted by nix02061[/QUOTE]
    I respectfully disagree with this. Your basically painting him with the same brush as a Roloson. His recent success makes him much more than just "an aging goalie who might not resign". Even at his age TT is a huge step up in goal for most teams in the league. There's not much chance PC would even keep talking to a GM who offers him a 2nd for TT. He wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : I respectfully disagree with this. Your basically painting him with the same brush as a Roloson. His recent success makes him much more than just "an aging goalie who might not resign". Even at his age TT is a huge step up in goal for most teams in the league. There's not much chance PC would even keep talking to a GM who offers him a 2nd for TT. He wouldn't be able to stop laughing.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The only thing I'm looking at is teams that need a true #1 (Toronto, Columbus, NY Islanders) are not looking for the one year fill.  The only team that may fit that hole would be Tampa and they may go after a guy like Luongo due to the fact that he's younger and has more years to provide on the contract.  Other teams like Dallas, Minn, Chicago, Winn etc may be looking for a platoon type guy (Khudobin for example?) to maybe split time or challenge their current guy for the #1 position.  I don't see them giving up a lot for someone like Thomas if they already have invested in another guy.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : The only thing I'm looking at is teams that need a true #1 (Toronto, Columbus, NY Islanders) are not looking for the one year fill.  The only team that may fit that hole would be Tampa and they may go after a guy like Luongo due to the fact that he's younger and has more years to provide on the contract.  Other teams like Dallas, Minn, Chicago, Winn etc may be looking for a platoon type guy (Khudobin for example?) to maybe split time or challenge their current guy for the #1 position.  I don't see them giving up a lot for someone like Thomas if they already have invested in another guy.  
    I see him as being valuable to a team that thinks they're on the cusp and need an upgrade. On most teams, he's a huge upgrade as a rental or not. We just saw Gaustad fetch a 1st rounder as a rental player. TT's cap-hit of 5m is also not an obstacle in moving him. It turns out that's really a bargain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : I see him as being valuable to a team that thinks they're on the cusp and need an upgrade. On most teams, he's a huge upgrade as a rental or not. We just saw Gaustad fetch a 1st rounder as a rental player. TT's cap-hit of 5m is also not an obstacle in moving him. It turns out that's really a bargain.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If it means anything even though its slightly OT the Gaustad deal was crazy. I know the Preds made the second round but I was suprised that the Sabres were able to get a 1st for him.  I also think it was a crazy and lean market which is what led to the high demand for low supply.  Kept the Bruins out of much of the big "action" since so many teams were in it at the deadline. Over the summer things tend to be a little different.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : If it means anything even though its slightly OT the Gaustad deal was crazy. I know the Preds made the second round but I was suprised that the Sabres were able to get a 1st for him.  I also think it was a crazy and lean market which is what led to the high demand for low supply.  Kept the Bruins out of much of the big "action" since so many teams were in it at the deadline. Over the summer things tend to be a little different.
    There won't be a better goalie on the market.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

johnny Oduya got a second and a third. A second is all we could get for Timmy?

You're out of your gourd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]johnny Oduya got a second and a third. A second is all we could get for Timmy? You're out of your gourd.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for reading my explanation:  I stated the reason I thought that those trades generated those returns is due to a very small trade market at the deadline.  Supply and demand.  The blackhawks were desperate for a dman and Winn had one they were willing to give up.  He also wasn't 38 years old.

Also if we are a contender why would we want to trade the best goalie on the market so that we can put all of our chances in a goaltender who hasn't been completely healthy for the past two seasons?

Rask didn't go down this year while playing lights out if you recall.  He had lost his past 7 games.  I'd like more insurance than a call up who had a great game against a team that very well could have "tanked" to avoid us in the playoffs. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomahawkchopper. Show Tomahawkchopper's posts

In Response to TT:
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

So you want to trade Thomas based on 1 bad game where he only gave up 3 goals that he still managed to win? LOL I'm glad you're not the GM!
    Rask lost 7 games in a row before he got hurt. I've never seen Thomas play that badly for that long of a stretch!
    I'll stick with the guy who led us to the Cup, over a guy who choked away a 3-0 lead in games AND a 3-0 lead in a game 7! I guess you forgot Tuuka's disgraceful play from 2 years ago, huh?

Sections
Shortcuts