TT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomahawkchopper. Show Tomahawkchopper's posts

Re: TT

In Response to Re: TT:
    [QUOTE]johnny Oduya got a second and a third. A second is all we could get for Timmy? You're out of your gourd.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

His point is that you pay a premium at the trade deadline because of limited player availability. It's why we had to pay Joe Colbourne AND another first for Kaberle last year.
    Had it been the offseason, it likely would have cost just a 1st for a player like him with 1 year left on his contract.

It's silly to even consider trading Thomas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : Well thanks for reading my explanation:  I stated the reason I thought that those trades generated those returns is due to a very small trade market at the deadline.  Supply and demand.  The blackhawks were desperate for a dman and Winn had one they were willing to give up.  He also wasn't 38 years old. Also if we are a contender why would we want to trade the best goalie on the market so that we can put all of our chances in a goaltender who hasn't been completely healthy for the past two seasons? Rask didn't go down this year while playing lights out if you recall.  He had lost his past 7 games.  I'd like more insurance than a call up who had a great game against a team that very well could have "tanked" to avoid us in the playoffs. 
    Posted by nix02061[/QUOTE]

Well said Nix. I agree with you. Why the rush to show the door to the reigning Vez and Conn Smythe winning goalie? How many of those have we had recently? The grass isn't always greener folks, be careful what you wish for. Boggles my mind.. which isn't tough to do but...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TT : Well thanks for reading my explanation:  I stated the reason I thought that those trades generated those returns is due to a very small trade market at the deadline.  Supply and demand.  The blackhawks were desperate for a dman and Winn had one they were willing to give up.  He also wasn't 38 years old. Also if we are a contender why would we want to trade the best goalie on the market so that we can put all of our chances in a goaltender who hasn't been completely healthy for the past two seasons? Rask didn't go down this year while playing lights out if you recall.  He had lost his past 7 games.  I'd like more insurance than a call up who had a great game against a team that very well could have "tanked" to avoid us in the playoffs. 
    Posted by nix02061[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this.

Trades at the deadline are sometimes made out of desperation to find pieces to make the playoffs or go further in them. The prices get outlandishly high. GM's that are selling get their asking prices while others don't. While some GM's panic

Case in point with the Bruins. PC wanted and needed a top defenceman going into last years playoffs. He acquired Kaberle for Colbourne, a 1st and 2nd at the deadline. Pricey, but they won the cup as some will say. 

Months later with no deadline in sight the Habs acquired him for aging Spacek.

Did the value of Kaberle go down that far in a matter of months or were Burke's inflated demands at the deadline for Kaberle met by PC because of his needs ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TT : So you want to trade Thomas based on 1 bad game where he only gave up 3 goals that he still managed to win? LOL I'm glad you're not the GM! Rask lost 7 games in a row before he got hurt. I've never seen Thomas play that badly for that long of a stretch! I'll stick with the guy who led us to the Cup, over a guy who choked away a 3-0 lead in games AND a 3-0 lead in a game 7! I guess you forgot Tuuka's disgraceful play from 2 years ago, huh?
    Posted by Tomahawkchopper[/QUOTE]

Rask lost 7 games, but his save % was higher than TT, Rask was .929 and TT was .92.

This is one of those situations where what I thought I was observing - that TT is a superior goalie to TR, may not be the case.  TT will make more circus style saves than TR, so he might look better than he actually is.

Having said that, I can't dismiss what I've seen on the ice.  I would still go with TT as a starter.

In these playoffs, you might jump start this team big time by putting TR in a game when you could.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As long as the B's are winning with Thomas in net, he is the man. Should they lose tonight all bets are off as to what PC may do in the offseason.