TT's last NHL game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

TT's last NHL game?

can't stop a puck when it matters...
    Rask obviousely starts our last game of the year Saturady. Question is...do we buy him out (ala Glen Murray) and free up 5 million a year towards the cap...which would make the disaster tonight his last game ever.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: TT's last NHL game?

Buy out the Vezina winner?

Is this your last post?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Is this Lucics last NHL game. He hasn't shown up when it matters. I'm just using your logic or lack there of..Should they buy him out?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to TT's last NHL game?:
    [QUOTE]can't stop a puck when it matters... Rask obviousely starts our last game of the year Saturady. Question is...do we buy him out (ala Glen Murray) and free up 5 million a year towards the cap...which would make the disaster tonight his last game ever.....
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE]

I agree he had to keep the puck out in the 3rd and gave the lead back to the Habs!!  How can you expect the players to battle back 15 times in the same game!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

lucic's not 36 years old, and "overpaid"
    regular season stats & trophy's are fine...
    doesn't seem to step up when it matters.
    5 million goes a long way in the cap era
    ....just sayin"....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

glad to see someone else realizes that kelvana is a moron

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

He just cannot admit that everytime TT is giving the lead away it kills the Bruins momentum.  Another chance for TT to hold the fort now with the OT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ummmm.....hate to burst the bubble of those who DONT know hockey and DONT watch the games, but the Bruins only had the lead ONCE, thats right, ONCE, tonight.  When it mattered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The Bruins tied the game 3 times and he allow the Habs to take the lead that is what we meant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So a goalie should only give up a goal when his team is already behind?  Iǘe been trying to get someone to tell me when itś okay to give up a goal.  Seems people only know when the wrong time is.  Iḿ still lost.  On top of that imagine how TTś numbers would look if he didn give up all those soft goals???  Ever thought of that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Even the most extreme Trophy Timmy fans HAVE to admit that 4th goal was the hideous one.  Short side wrister from 40 feet with his back up against the crossbar.  Its a wonder I havent destroyed my TV set yet.  Was set to put the B's down 3-1 in gamess.

Plus all the unnecessary saves due to leaving rebounds all over like a pee wee goalie.

They give trophies to guys like this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: TT's last NHL game?:
    [QUOTE]Even the most extreme Trophy Timmy fans HAVE to admit that 4th goal was the hideous one.  Short side wrister from 40 feet with his back up against the crossbar.  Its a wonder I havent destroyed my TV set yet.  Was set to put the B's down 3-1 in gamess. Plus all the unnecessary saves due to leaving rebounds all over like a pee wee goalie. They give trophies to guys like this?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see you and macdog agreeing here.  Two peas in a pod.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]Even the most extreme Trophy Timmy fans HAVE to admit that 4th goal was the hideous one.  Short side wrister from 40 feet with his back up against the crossbar.  Its a wonder I havent destroyed my TV set yet.  Was set to put the B's down 3-1 in gamess. Plus all the unnecessary saves due to leaving rebounds all over like a pee wee goalie. They give trophies to guys like this?

I'll never know what the Timmy fans see in this guy either. The first goal was bad as well as the 4th. He is struggling but I'm sure he will get the start in game 5 even though Rask might be the answer. Clod is Clod is Clod. He made some great saves again but there is no excuse for the ones he should make. The B's were horrible in the first period and he lets in another questionable goal to put them deeper in the hole.

If they some how pull this series out it won't be because Thomas "STOLE" any games.

GO B's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm neutral on TT.  Or at least I think I am.

And I'm bothered about TT in this series.

Why?  He hasn't been playing like we have seen him play during the season, where TT is the ONLY reason the Bruins won.

There were saves this season that were impossible out of your mind saves where no sane person would think a save could be made the moment the puck was shot, but TT came up with it.

I think he's played like an "average decent goalie" and NOT like the leading Vezina candidate.

If there were a round where one would say TT would get a shutout, it would be round 1 and that hasn't happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

..and the beat goes on...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

That is what us critics have to say about TT.  He just is not at his best when it matters the most which is playoff time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I usually don't post on this side of the boards (mostly Sox), but I'll say this...

... Regardless of the goals given up last night by TT, Boston defence was atrocious in the first two periods.  Christ, at one point I saw a Bruin  (can't remember who) make a 20 foot pass to his D partner, across the CREASE, with a Hab within stick-reach of the pass... even my WIFE was like "w... t... f...".

Say what you will about Thomas but the Habs were all up in the Bruin's D last night and the Bruins weren't doin squat.  It looked to me like a high school hockey team playing a D1 heavyweight. 

Regardless of whether its Rask or Thomas in net, the Bruins as a team need to make their transitions more crisp, more coordinated, otherwise they're going to continue to have lop-sided time in their own end cleaning up defensive snafu after snafu. 

Go B's!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]That is what us critics have to say about TT.  He just is not at his best when it matters the most which is playoff time.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

The "critics" were questioning Ryan Miller the other day, what has he done...shutout the Flyers with all the scoring TWICE..
    The "critics" along with you should not be commenting on something you know zero about...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Kelvana must actually believe none of us who question TT have ever played hockey. He must be the authority on playing net.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, just to actually address the question posted by the OP - Thomas is past the first year of a 35+ contract.  The only way his cap hit goes away is by trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

I guess you must be one helluva super goalie with your x-ray vision to be able to see that shot while being screened by at least two players tell your agent to call me I'll sign you for five years at 5 million a year NOT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Let's cut TT some slack here guys! Sure he hasn't been consistant in the series & there have been questionable goals allowed, but he has made the big save when they needed it. He made at least 2 or 3 game savers in final 2 minutes of the 3rd when the Habs were on the powerplay & 2 more early in ot before Ryder scored. Can't we just be happy about the win? More common sense is needed from some before making stupid posts!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

When Miller has a bad game he follows up with a shut out.  I still am waiting for TT to do the same!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I said it many times they had a great chance to get rid of his big contract at the deadline and get a solid back up.  Imagine the cap space they would have had.  They could have trade for another solid D.  Bs would be more solid in defense.  That is what peeps don't understand!! 

Sections
Shortcuts