Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens.

not sure why Turco is getting the start and not Khudobin.  Khudobin might be pressed into action in the playoffs if Rask cant go.  Groins can be tricky and he could suffer a setback.

Why not give Khudobin the start - give him game action and just as importantly let the bruin skaters see him in game action to get comfortable with one another.

I like Turco but he was only signed because Khudobin was injured so thanks you did a good job on an emergency basis but time to move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens.:
    [QUOTE]not sure why Turco is getting the start and not Khudobin.  Khudobin might be pressed into action in the playoffs if Rask cant go.  Groins can be tricky and he could suffer a setback. Why not give Khudobin the start - give him game action and just as importantly let the bruin skaters see him in game action to get comfortable with one another. I like Turco but he was only signed because Khudobin was injured so thanks you did a good job on an emergency basis but time to move on.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.  Turco playing is a novelty, but this is not a novelty game.  Weshould be playing the goalie who we may need in the playoffs.  The only reasoning I can think of other then playing nice with Turco, is the team being worried about Khudobin's confidence if he were to get blown out of the building by the Pittsburgh offense.  I do not respect the idea that this is being offered as a "Thanks" to Turco, and I would like it even less if they are just trying to protect Khudobin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens. : I agree completely.  Turco playing is a novelty, but this is not a novelty game.  Weshould be playing the goalie who we may need in the playoffs.  The only reasoning I can think of other then playing nice with Turco, is the team being worried about Khudobin's confidence if he were to get blown out of the building by the Pittsburgh offense.  I do not respect the idea that this is being offered as a "Thanks" to Turco, and I would like it even less if they are just trying to protect Khudobin.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I think it may be partially due to the fact that they don't want him getting lit up by the Pens and thus destroying his confidence.  Also, he probably played 2 of Providence's 3 games over the weekend.  That would be 3 games in 4 or 5 days, including possibly a back-to-back in there.  Makes sense to give him a game later this week rather than tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Definitely makes sense to rest Khubodin against the pens. Why pit him against one of the highest scoring offenses in the league? I'd rather see him play against Buffalo who doesn't have the same kind of scoring threat as Pittsburgh.

Krug probably gets to play because he was probably told he would get a chance if he signed with us. Just my speculation, but it would make sense, not to mention he gets a chance to show his stuff on the national level against top-notch players. Imagine if he decimates someone with a brutal hit? Epic way to start your NHL career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

I have no issue with Krug playing - it was a part of him signing here that he would get the chance.  he's also allowing a regular to rest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens. : Who was the third mutant ninja turtle, Pietrangelo ? Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Steve Heinze and Joe Juneau fresh from the Olympics in Albertville.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Turco starts tonight and if he gets lit up Anton enters. One final game for Marty - Thanks. But if you falter, in comes the rookie

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens. : And lets not forget Ted Donato and Dave Christian.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Heinze a collegian (sp?) also?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Whoops, just saw your post SanDog. I blame it on the afternoon beers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco And Krug To Start Against Pens. : I think it may be partially due to the fact that they don't want him getting lit up by the Pens and thus destroying his confidence.  Also, he probably played 2 of Providence's 3 games over the weekend.  That would be 3 games in 4 or 5 days, including possibly a back-to-back in there.  Makes sense to give him a game later this week rather than tonight.
    Posted by inflamedcolon[/QUOTE]

Felger today came up with a third option.  Felger suggested it could be a Bellichickian type move where Khudobin enters the game midgame, just as he would be forced to do in a playoff game if he were called upon.  I don't think this will happen, but if it does I will be pleased.  This is a wasted opportunity in my eyes if Khudobin doesn't play tonight.