Turco Getting The Start.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Turco Getting The Start.

In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start.:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of the trading requirements, there's no reason on the planet Mike Babcock would not let Conklin find his way to Boston.  He himself said Conklin never got a chance to get his game together and needed to go somewhere to play.  He likes Conklin.  If they could have released him to allow a signing by the B's for a few weeks, not eligible for playoffs, he would have gone for it.  If that caused him to pass waivers again, well, maybe someone would have blocked it. But the fact no one blocked Turco is telling.  Thats the point.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    The point is that you're still trying to make an argument using hypothetical scenarios that have no factual basis. I'm sure Holland saw the situation in Boston and realized you can't have too many NHL ready goalies at this time of year.

Fact: Conklin was waived on February 20th (assigned to minors Feb.21).
    Fact: That was the last day any other NHL team had a crack at him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of the trading requirements, there's no reason on the planet Mike Babcock would not let Conklin find his way to Boston.  He himself said Conklin never got a chance to get his game together and needed to go somewhere to play.  He likes Conklin.  If they could have released him to allow a signing by the B's for a few weeks, not eligible for playoffs, he would have gone for it.  If that caused him to pass waivers again, well, maybe someone would have blocked it. But the fact no one blocked Turco is telling.  Thats the point.

and BTW contracts in the NHL are guaranteed, they could not release a player and any team pick him up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : You still have to win games on the road to win a playoff round. Once again referring to to how many "Presidents Cup" holders win the the Stanley Cup.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Only if you don't have home ice advantage.  The higher seed only needs to win their 4 home games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to "Re: Turco Getting The Start.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : The deadline had passed so PC couldn't deal for him. Conklin needed to be called back up in order to face the waiver wire again. He wasn't so PC had NO OPPORTUNITY to get Conklin after Rask got hurt. So now that it's clear that Conklin was a no-go let's move on to who else PC should've got for a 3 week run....... Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Ooooppsss I was right ...again Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Really???  You guys are blaming Turco?  You expect a guy who hasn't started a NHL game in over a year to steel a game for the lazy azz team in front of him?  They get two shots from half in the first period against a guy who hasn't won a game in the NHL? This loss has nothing to do with Turco OR Thomas. I hope Horton gets back soon or this team aint going nowhere as is.....
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Some of the posters here will blame Thomas for the game, how dare he be too tired to play all of these games in a row!.  They are the same ones who will blame Corvo for a goal when he wasn't even on the ice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Wow ! Still on this Conklin thing. Unless you're in the minds of Holland and Babcock you have no idea of what their thinking is in regards to what their plans are for him. Your scenario is all fantasy.

Your point all along has had nothing to do with Turco but that the Bruins could have acquired Conklin. You just don't get the CBA player movement process.

Just tell your wife that you didn't know what you were talking about and move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : Only if you don't have home ice advantage.  The higher seed only needs to win their 4 home games. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Like game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup ? Please don't throw me lobs like that you're better than that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : Like game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup ? Please don't throw me lobs like that you're better than that
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Don't misunderstand me -- you said that "you need to win games on the road to win a playoff round" -- I simply pointed out that, mathematically, that's not the case (without reference to any specific playoff series that any teams we know may have participated in recently).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In retrospect, I should have been more surprised that Turco got this start.  When they picked him up, I figured he would be there so they could have someone on the bench, who would only come in in relief (like Sunday), until Khodobin healed.  I figured if they actually wanted to start someone other than Thomas, Hutchinson would get the call (with Turco, on bench again).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In retrospect, I should have been more surprised that Turco got this start.  When they picked him up, I figured he would be there so they could have someone on the bench, who would only come in in relief (like Sunday), until Khodobin healed.  I figured if they actually wanted to start someone other than Thomas, Hutchinson would get the call (with Turco, on bench again).
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Why do you think Turco was in Europe (were he only played 2 games this season) ...???  No NHL Team wanted to sign him ...I would prefer Cheevers in the net ...I wouldnt even put Turco in net for Providence...he is done ...this with Rolston are the 2 worst moves by PC with the BRUINS ...players not goo enough for any other teams and they play on the Stanley Cup Champs team ...go figure ...Carte Camper played 3 games with the B's (average 5:30mins per game) and score a goal ...Rolston has played 4 games so far with average time over 13 minutes + precious ice time on the Power play and has not yet found the net ...give me a break ...if we are going to look like fools I'd rather do it with our youngsters ...not with 2 has been players ....SAD really Sad and painfull to see the Bruins in such a bad shape

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Anyone still looking for Turco to get a third of the starts? I say he's one and done, and they'd be smart to cut their losses on this guy. Is Khudes ready yet? He's a better option, I'd even prefer Hutch, or for that matter Starsky, over Marty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

In response to "Re: Turco Getting The Start.": [QUOTE]Anyone still looking for Turco to get a third of the starts? I say he's one and done, and they'd be smart to cut their losses on this guy. Is Khudes ready yet? He's a better option, I'd even prefer Hutch, or for that matter Starsky, over Marty. Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE] At this point i'd take scooby doo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : Why do you think Turco was in Europe (were he only played 2 games this season) ...???  No NHL Team wanted to sign him ...I would prefer Cheevers in the net ...I wouldnt even put Turco in net for Providence...he is done ...this with Rolston are the 2 worst moves by PC with the BRUINS ...players not goo enough for any other teams and they play on the Stanley Cup Champs team ...go figure ...Carte Camper played 3 games with the B's (average 5:30mins per game) and score a goal ...Rolston has played 4 games so far with average time over 13 minutes + precious ice time on the Power play and has not yet found the net ...give me a break ...if we are going to look like fools I'd rather do it with our youngsters ...not with 2 has been players ....SAD really Sad and painfull to see the Bruins in such a bad shape Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    I took you off of ignore to read what you "had to say". I won't make that mistake again you jag off. You need to grow up and get over yourself. You really do make me think that just living in Montreal turns one into an idiot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd like to see Turco get the start on Thursday, not sure if he will though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Turco get the start on Thursday, not sure if he will though.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    You will no doubt be in the minority here Kel. You will probably get crushed on here for saying that, especially after last nights fiasco. Mind you, both goalies were equally bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : You will no doubt be in the minority here Kel. You will probably get crushed on here for saying that, especially after last nights fiasco. Mind you, both goalies were equally bad.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it because of anything good Turco has done but he was brought here to give TT a rest. Whole team has been bad and I 'd expect a different effort Thursday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Turco get the start on Thursday, not sure if he will though.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Part of me agrees with this.  For the resting Thomas reason you provided in your following post.  He didn't look rested when he came in last night.  Not really his fault but he looked frustrated again.  He's got to clear his head.

I think a lot may have to do with how the Sens-Habs game goes tonight.  Right now the Habs are ahead 2-1.  I think if we go into tomorrow in first we might see Turco.  If we're tied Claude might feel like he has to put Thomas out there to try and regain sole posession of 1st.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Turco Getting The Start. : Why do you think Turco was in Europe (were he only played 2 games this season) ...???  No NHL Team wanted to sign him ...I would prefer Cheevers in the net ...I wouldnt even put Turco in net for Providence...he is done ...this with Rolston are the 2 worst moves by PC with the BRUINS ...players not goo enough for any other teams and they play on the Stanley Cup Champs team ...go figure ...Carte Camper played 3 games with the B's (average 5:30mins per game) and score a goal ...Rolston has played 4 games so far with average time over 13 minutes + precious ice time on the Power play and has not yet found the net ...give me a break ...if we are going to look like fools I'd rather do it with our youngsters ...not with 2 has been players ....SAD really Sad and painfull to see the Bruins in such a bad shape Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Wrong, he had 4 games he played and started. Not that it makes a difference.
    Just giving you the facts.

Sections
Shortcuts