Tuuka again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tuuka again

Interesting that he is starting tonight versus Pheonix. I understand resting TT for the post season and Tuuka is coming off a shutout..Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Tuuka again

I'm all for it. They are coming into a hellacious stretch (2 separate 12 games in 20 nights deals, over the next couple of months). Give Thomas some extended time now as they'll need both goalies in top notch form as they pay for their soft, home-laden schedule the first couple of months.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I don't see a problem with it given the upcoming schedule.  I doubt Thomas does either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I am one for believing they have also bought into the "if its better for the team its better for me" mentality the bruins have. If they didn't I feel like it would stand out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Best goalie duo in the NHL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the way the b's are playing, either goalie is cool for me. Not sitting back with multiple goal leads def puts less pressure on the minders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tuuka again:[QUOTE]I'm all for it. They are coming into a hellacious stretch (2 separate 12 games in 20 nights deals, over the next couple of months). Give Thomas some extended time now as they'll need both goalies in top notch form Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Yep keep'em fresh as the ides of March approach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

No complaints from me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In long stretches of games in short time periods usually will prompt a coach with two capable goaltenders to use each equally.  In those stretches a goaler can win a game or two if he is rested and eager to play as Thomas and Rask are a this point.  With the Bs now having 13 more wins than losses, the team needs to focus on playing over .500 hockey until March.  Then amp up the pace to ready the team for the playoffs if recent play dictates the outcome of conference position in April.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Rask keeps this play up he will be in for a nice raise this summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I would REALLY love to see an extension happen sooner rather than later, but I hear there are no plans for talking until after the season. Talk about damaging our calm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Now leads the NHL in GAA and SV%. Guess who's number 2 in both of those? :)

Frankly, it's pretty smart of the B's to not sign right now; Tuukka's stock is about as high as it can be, unless he finishes this season with />30 starts and maintains his stats (he couldn't, could he?). And if his stock does go up, that means he's even more likely to get re-signed. The more money = more compensation from an other team. Once you go over 5 million, I'm pretty sure the compensation for an RFA is very steep, and I'm not sure if teams would be willing to do that. And unless teams get ridiculous (6 million), I think the B's will match. Something tells me that Tuukka will re-sign, though. This team is built for years and he seems like he enjoys being a part of the team.

If Tuukka's play continues, does this not just cause a problem for how many starts Tuukka gets, but who is the starter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The evolution continues. Tuuka is playing for his team, and also for his own contract. Chiarelli has planned their compensation quite well as he manages the CAP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Bruins are the envy of the league with #1a & #1b between the pipes. Bodes well for the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Tuuka again:
    [QUOTE]Interesting that he is starting tonight versus Pheonix. I understand resting TT for the post season and Tuuka is coming off a shutout..Your thoughts?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

i was hoping kel that this thread would bring out your favorite goalie expert and wordsmith "tukka-fall" funny how that moron has no comment in the last 3 starts by rask. i figure he is busy studying for a spelling B or something. as for myself i think starting rask more during this next run of games is good thinking by julian. whatever it takes to keep both thomas and rask both rested and sharp at the same time(which is a balancing act in it self)is the ultimate goal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

CJ has adjusted a lot. It will be interesting to see how he is come play-off time. If the B's still have both goalies with amazing stats. I think barring injury, or TT's play diminishes. Even though this is new season, I think, because of last yrs heroic's TT will start. Having said that. How long of a leash will CJ have? There were x's when Timmy would allow 2 ugly's in a game, then shut it down, but IF Rask is still close to where he is now. Will CJ pull the switch. Something he's never done since he's been a coach & his team was in the play-offs. He starts him & STICKS with him. Does CJ stick with this method, or will he feel a lot more comfortable making this kind of adjustment?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 2/16/2011
    Last: 12/29/2011
    In Response to Tuuka again:

i was hoping kel that this thread would bring out your favorite goalie expert and wordsmith "tukka-fall" funny how that moron has no comment in the last 3 starts by rask

TUkka-Fall has been unable to post recently since he was arrested for botching the English Language.  When asked about it--- he replied--- "Thie Broonz nead to plae Timy Tomasz becuz Tooka Razk iz a hoarible Gooley and he neadz to bee cent  to thie miners".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tuuka again:
    [QUOTE]Rask keeps this play up he will be in for a nice raise this summer.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid if Rask keeps this up there's no chance he re-signs in Boston.

Thomas continues to play at a high level and doesnt look like he's ready to retire any time soon.  While it would be perfect to seamlessly roll into Rask as the guy of the future as nature takes its course, I'm seeing less and less of a reason why Rask is going to want to be considered a 1A or worse, a "backup" (when TT is hot) for much longer.

Goalies tend to get a little impatient when they feels it's their time.

kel and Nite, what do you think of this perspective?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuuka again : I'm afraid if Rask keeps this up there's no chance he re-signs in Boston. Thomas continues to play at a high level and doesnt look like he's ready to retire any time soon.  While it would be perfect to seamlessly roll into Rask as the guy of the future as nature takes its course, I'm seeing less and less of a reason why Rask is going to want to be considered a 1A or worse, a "backup" (when TT is hot) for much longer. Goalies tend to get a little impatient when they feels it's their time. kel and Nite, what do you think of this perspective?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I understand what you're saying Sox. I do agree if the B's didn't win the cup last yr & Rask wasn't starting to play more now. I think Tuukka would probably say OK I'm outta here. I know Pro is nothing like Senior hockey, but I've been through a starter, a backup & a 50/50 perspective. Depending on the team you're on & whether it's a winning/losing team & your goaltending partner on how situations affect you. I'd wonder about Rask's compete level if he didn't want to be a fulltime starter. I just think that Rask maybe OK where he is as long as he's given the opportunity more than last season. I truly think that CJ & PC had a nice chat with both of them & told Timmy that even if he's playing as well as he is. And as long as Rask continues to grow & play as well as he is. I think you may see this rotation start to even out for the rest of the season.
    Rask may go & the Khudobin signing may have been a plan for PC for just this situation. Or, I guess anyone is tradeable nowadays & I wouldn't like it, but Thomas may go as well. It's a great time to be a Bruin's fan, but I don't know how great it'll be for PC in the off season. Tough choices to make to say the least. The selfish side of me wants BOTH to stay a Bruin until Timmy decides to call it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This all makes me wonder.
    I think about goalies such as Raycroft, Lacher and Toivennen and wonder if some (and certainly not all) young(er) goalies (before age 25-26) get alot of playing time at that point in their careers, they tend to burn out and never recover.

Meanwhile, older goalies who start producing at an older age tend not to crash and burn.  Of course TT is the most famous examples, my memory fails me, but I know there were others, Hasek comes to mind.  He was older when he started and he's playing in the KHL now even at the ripe old age of 107.

So it seems to me that they are bringing along Tuuka at just the right pace and could have burnt him out had they been too aggressive playing him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]This all makes me wonder. I think about goalies such as Raycroft, Lacher and Toivennen and wonder if some (and certainly not all) young(er) goalies (before age 25-26) get alot of playing time at that point in their careers, they tend to burn out and never recover. Meanwhile, older goalies who start producing at an older age tend not to crash and burn.  Of course TT is the most famous examples, my memory fails me, but I know there were others, Hasek comes to mind.  He was older when he started and he's playing in the KHL now even at the ripe old age of 107. So it seems to me that they are bringing along Tuuka at just the right pace and could have burnt him out had they been too aggressive playing him.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I don't think Rask would've burned out per say, but sometimes giving a young goalie too much too soon can actually hurt a goalie's development. The young goalies you mention are good examples of that. I think someone like Lacher for instance had that great year & then in the off season; he figured the job was his & became complacent. Sometimes a goalie in Rask's situation & what he's experienced so far in his young career will only make him better, work harder & stay focused.
    In a lot of cases it's a young goalie that comes in & takes away the job of a vet. Usually when that happens the younger goalie doesn't relinquish that starters job. Rask took it, lost it & now has learned to develop without playing a lot. Now he's earning his starts because of his great attitude & patience. Not many goalie's learn how quickly their starters position can disappear so early in their career. Rask had two ways to handle it & I think he handled it the right way big time!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Its hard to determine the age influence on goalies, because years ago goalies generally matured later... it was common to have older goalies playing (Plante, Hall, Sawchuk, Bower, Worsley, etc) while the kids usually had to wait.  The NHL is a younger mans' league now and all the ages are younger now.

Its possible some goalies get "figured out" when they make an early splash in the league... this has happened several times... and maybe they have to "re-adjust" to the league to stay. Not sure.

Nite, as far as I was concerned, I wanted to play all the time, regardless of the level unless I was just overworked.  Even if I liked the guy I split with or understood why a guy was playing ahead of me, I wanted to be the starter.  In some cases, I think goalies can understand and live with being a backup (being at the end of their careers, or being the New Guy) but unless they are a career Ty Conklin backup-type, a guy wants to start.

Especially in Rask's case... it has absolutely nothing to do with TT or the B's, IMO Rask is going to want to be the undisputed #1 someplace rather than sit on the bench for extended periods of time, especially now that he has a ring already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Its hard to determine the age influence on goalies, because years ago goalies generally matured later... it was common to have older goalies playing (Plante, Hall, Sawchuk, Bower, Worsley, etc) while the kids usually had to wait.  The NHL is a younger mans' league now and all the ages are younger now. Its possible some goalies get "figured out" when they make an early splash in the league... this has happened several times... and maybe they have to "re-adjust" to the league to stay. Not sure. Nite, as far as I was concerned, I wanted to play all the time, regardless of the level unless I was just overworked.  Even if I liked the guy I split with or understood why a guy was playing ahead of me, I wanted to be the starter.  In some cases, I think goalies can understand and live with being a backup (being at the end of their careers, or being the New Guy) but unless they are a career Ty Conklin backup-type, a guy wants to start. Especially in Rask's case... it has absolutely nothing to do with TT or the B's, IMO Rask is going to want to be the undisputed #1 someplace rather than sit on the bench for extended periods of time, especially now that he has a ring already.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Good points & don't get me wrong. When I was sitting I didn't like it, but depending on the situations at that time. Sometimes I didn't take the sitting as hard. If liked the team, we were winning a lot & my partner and I got along.
    I question any goalie's motivation who doesnt want the starters role. I just think that the environment around you can affect the attitude in a positive, or negative way.

Sections
Shortcuts