Tuuka Deserves Some Praise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tuuka Deserves Some Praise

I know, I know, I know...This was the second shootout where in my opinion Tuuka made a show-stopping save (amazing attempt by the Ottawa forward regardless because that puck was an inch of beating Rask on his spin-a-rama)...But in regulation, he was terrific, he kept the team in the game with 2 or 3 brilliant stops and allowed the team to recover from a 2-0 deficit....It was a bit like...gulp...TT...yup.  I didn't think he was taxed at all in the Philly shutout, but it was a necessary shutout nontheless because a goalie of his caliber should start picking up more and more shutouts...like TT used to. So my point is that the B's are getting superb goaltending (and Khudobin shouldn't be discounted, he's played well) and Rask has been acting like a No. 1 Goalie...and I did question the 2 collapse losses, but this is HOW you respond to criticism from jack-azzes like me. Tuuka plays like he did v. Ottawa, then this team can go far in the playoffs. And I started this thread because I believe in fair critique. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Tuuka Deserves Some Praise

Tuukka has been playing well for years but TT was just playing a little bit better and wasn't injured as much.

Tuukka looks better this year than he did last year but remember this was a guy that posted a .931 in 2009-10 over 45 games so it's not like this is out of the blue.

Tuukka is a franchise goaltender playing in front of a very good defense. Whether we go far in the playoffs will be determined by how the team as a whole plays, not just Tuukka. I don't think Tuukka needs to stand on his head in order for this team to go to the finals, he just has to play like he has been, which is very very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

His great play is no surprise here...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Tuukka plays in front of the defense now? What hockey rink do you play on! lol, sorry it just made me laugh when I read it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He has always been better than good and I have always backed him. Raycroft who?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was just looking at his stats today.  He's really been cranking, and unlike Craig Anderson, he hasn't played mostly cakewalk teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anderson also hasn't played in a month. Easy to keep some overinflated number if you don't play.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

2 early goals last night and Tuuka never buckled. That is very impressive. Thats what #1 goalies do.

And then that save in the shootout, unbeleivable. How many goalies would have been fooled by that. Daugavin still can beleive he didnt score. We've watched a goalie mature right in front of us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think his efforts have been great.  Playoffs is the telling point for him to cement his name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I am actually a little disappionted in Tuukka so far.  He has been good but he has the ability to be great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I am actually a little disappionted in Tuukka so far.  He has been good but he has the ability to be great.

Wtahced the NHL 30 mid-season review last night on TSN and there was a lot of mentioning of Rask's name in Vezina category, along with a few other keepers like Anderson. What more do you want?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Last night was another example of what he means to the Bruins.  If not for his save on Greening with the Sens up 2-0 the Bruins might not have made it to OT let alone the shoot-out.  He's the real deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Wtahced the NHL 30 mid-season review last night on TSN and there was a lot of mentioning of Rask's name in Vezina category, along with a few other keepers like Anderson. What more do you want?

He shouldnt let in anything...at least when Cedafno is playing in front of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He has us off to the best start in team history.  He gives us a chance to win every night.  Playoffs is what will make or break him. 

Sections
Shortcuts