Tuuka Stats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Tuuka Stats

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Incredible, aside from the playoffs many in the media have said they dont understand why he didnt get a nod for the vezina, what really scares me is if he does test the market, but i think he loves being a bruin.

They'll lock him up long term.  My guess is 6yr/$36M.

Yep, annual salary seems like a steal in 2013-14 but 6 years should close the deal.

Remarkable performance by the entire team.

Now, we can't treat this victory as our Stanley Cup and keep our eyes on the big prize.

I am sure they will...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

He has stopped 158 out of the last 160 shots on him.

2 Shutouts in his last 4 games.

Other two, one goal allowed.

Theres more, if you find it, post it.

Pay him.

The pens hadn't been shutout in over a year before the Raskal came to town. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm not feelin that nickname. You know that is a scooter for the elderly, right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm told they're exceptionally reliable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I know hes RFA but what IF someone makes a rediculous offer ? Somewhere in the hood of 7 mil or so, hard for the Bs to match it.

I know i know bite my tongue lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Both  D and forwards played very well, Tuukka was the main reason this team is advancing. This team got some timely bounces for a change a little bit of luck is always welcome. Just a stellar performance in this series by Tuukka.

Thanks for checking in this morning Patches.  Catching a movie today? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

He has stopped 158 out of the last 160 shots on him.

2 Shutouts in his last 4 games.

Other two, one goal allowed.

Theres more, if you find it, post it.

Pay him.

The pens hadn't been shutout in over a year before the Raskal came to town. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm not feelin that nickname. You know that is a scooter for the elderly, right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm told they're exceptionally reliable. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, they are quite agile and good with angles. Maybe you are on to something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Pens tied for second lowest goal total by one team in a playoff series in league history (only beaten by Minnesota Wild of 2003 with 1 goal).

However, now take a look at the context of this stat. The other teams to be held to two goals or less in a playoff series were not even close to being the offensive juggernauts that the Pens were supposed to be. The Pens were scoring at a historical pace prior to this series (about 4.3 goals per game). No team in playoff history has ever been so thoroughly shut down after putting up these kinds of numbers.

After such an incredible performance by both Tuukka and the B's defense (which is not getting enough credit), Tuukka now ranks 2nd in the league with a 1.75 GAA and 1st in the league with a .943 sv %. 

Rask now also ranks 10th all time in playoff sv %. Of goalies that have advance past the first round, he ranks 7th all time. Only three of those (including Rask) have made it to the Stanley Cup finals. 

Hopefully he and the B's defense can keep this up for one more series. Just four more wins and the cup is back in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I know hes RFA but what IF someone makes a rediculous offer ? Somewhere in the hood of 7 mil or so, hard for the Bs to match it.

I know i know bite my tongue lol

I don't think there will be an opportunity for an offer sheet.  My guess is that the B's lock him up long term beforehand.

Let's just hope that Rask isn't looking for the world.  I have no idea where his head is on this, but he might say, "Hey, I have done THIS.  I'm young.  I'm awesome.  I want money.  Not all of it, but a lot closer to the max than this.  Five years, $50M seems right.  Pay me or enjoy Khudobin for 55 next season."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think there will be an opportunity for an offer sheet.  My guess is that the B's lock him up long term beforehand.

Let's just hope that Rask isn't looking for the world.  I have no idea where his head is on this, but he might say, "Hey, I have done THIS.  I'm young.  I'm awesome.  I want money.  Not all of it, but a lot closer to the max than this.  Five years, $50M seems right.  Pay me or enjoy Khudobin for 55 next season."

I heard a rumor he was looking for something like 6 yrs/$40 mil earlier in the year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

deza knows what I felt about Thomas and his importance to 11 Cup and his spot in B's history among goaltenders. He was very strong in his confidence in Tuuka, and I had doubted the Rask man because I partly put blame on him for the Philly Collapse and then I doubted him more when he lost the job back to TT after that year.

I don't know how many times I probably doubted Rask going into this season. But as sometimes I let my emotions get in the way of how a goalie has played of his caliber, the high rankings Tuuka has consistently been in save percentage, goals against. When TT had his epic personal meltdown as I felt he did going back to his putting politics before team, I put my hat in the Rask ring (and still gave Khoudobin his props in some strong efforts this season). But I didn't know how he would do playoff-wise. I still had my doubts. Then he had the 2 games in Toronto, and I'm telling you, those doubts were eliminated in those 2 contests. I thought he was beyond brilliant, and he showed acrobatic ability that I don't think I truly captured until that point of the playoffs. From that point on, including his fall-down goal v. NYR, I hope people know that I started to see that Rask was elevating his game. Even deza said that I might have been putting him a little high on the chart a little too early in the playoffs based on a game or two.

But it's plain and simple. He perhaps had the greatest goaltending performance in B's history in Game 3. There is absolutely no way in the world the team wins that game without him stopping 15 to 20 legit goal scoring shots, and when it looked like the team was collapsing under Pens fire, especially periods 2 and 3, Rask came through again and again. It was not just TT like, it was better. There is an inherent difference between Tuuka and Thomas. Thomas was the flair for the dramatic, the guy who made saves out of challenging guys to beat him in front of the crease. Rask does it from INSIDE the crease. He is an artform. He is relaxed. And he went an entire series v. one of the great scoring teams of the last 25 years without making a single mistake, unless you want to blame him for the first goal allowed v. Pens at Pittsburgh. I don't think I will ever see a goalie completely murder a team of weapons so expertly and do it so calmly. Always loved Thomas in that he made saves out of sheer will and athleticism. Rask makes saves out of pure goaltending 101. Thomas made mistakes, some dumb ones, and some that cost the team, and he left rebounds out there. Rask makes so few mistakes, I just feel like he has things under control no matter if the team is shaky or not.

The biggest difference in the B's defense now and in 11 I feel is that there is more consistency in the plan, less breakdowns overall. That would be the advantage that Rask has now over Thomas in 11, so for that reason, it's hard to debate that Thomas' 11 was anything less than MVP. He saved the team when the team did breakdown and he saved the team when at times the other teams were swarming. Rask does not face as nearly the number of rebounds that TT did, but he also doesn't give the kick-out type rebounds that were because TT played the style he played. So in some respects, Thomas brought that on himself. Rask always knows how to capture the puck and bury the puck in his pads or under his glove. This is an alltime pleasure for me to see Thomas and now Rask put on a clinic. This is playoff goalie hockey at its finest. I hope Rask gets the Cup as a starter, he's more than earned it.

Sections
Shortcuts