Tuuka to Avs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Tuuka to Avs?

Avs need goalie, we are stocked. Will Tuuka be happy with yet another season on the bench or is it time to let him go and trade up in the draft.
    Avs get a NHL ready, possible future franchise goalie, we get top 3 pick for the last time in a long while.
    Would u do it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Re: Tuuka to Avs?

Hahahahahahahahaha. We are stocked with goalies???????? Name them. Tuuka will be for a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Ok stocked wasnt the word, but it seems we have two goalies that would be nr1 in another organisation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Colorado has 3 assets I would accept in return for Tuukka: Duchene, Johnson, and their 1st rounder

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

There are a lot of teams interested in Tuuka.  The best senario is stay the course nonetheless.  One and two year contracts for free agents, and develop the prospects is the most effective way to attain a better team.  Two years from now the Bs will need a goalie! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Tuuka to Avs?:
    [QUOTE]Ok stocked wasnt the word, but it seems we have two goalies that would be nr1 in another organisation.
    Posted by WillsBruins[/QUOTE]

Wills, I can only imagine Thomas will be able to compete at this level for another year without 1.  Getting some kind of injury that slows him down 2.  Natural degression.  Rask will be our starter either part way through next season or the season after.  There is ZERO possibility the Bruins get rid of him, and with good reason.  He will be a star goaltender in this league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

If anything, the Bruins would try to get rid of Thomas after this year and send him to a playoff contention team that needs a quick fix at goaltender.    Get rid of him while his stock is up..  I'd feel confident with Tuukka as our starter next year.  Don't get me wrong, I love Thomas.  But it could free up 5 mil a year in cap space if they could get rid of him and show confidence in their young goalie of the future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

TT is 37.  Not saying he can't be around for another 3 plus yrs.  But I wouldnt bet on it.  Its a good situation to be in.  The Avs do need a goalie but I find goalies change teams like underwear.  Philly needs a goalie.  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Roloson is 41 and on FIRE. So, TT can do it, of course if he stays healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Bruins will have the opprtunity to trade TT or Rask this summer...believe me Khudobin is the next real thing in Boston ...I would'nt be surptrised to see him as our no.1 goalie next season ..we could get a very good player and a 1st round drat pick for TT or Rask ..I would do it ...and that is one of the reason the B's are going to win 3 Stanley Cups in a row

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins will have the opprtunity to trade TT or Rask this summer...believe me Khudobin is the next real thing in Boston ...I would'nt be surptrised to see him as our no.1 goalie next season ..we could get a very good player and a 1st round drat pick for TT or Rask ..I would do it ...and that is one of the reason the B's are going to win 3 Stanley Cups in a row Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You're being a little bit too impulsive/reactive.  Khudobin has only played 2 career NHL games with the Minnesota Wild (which by the way he played very well in).  You can't trade Rask and put your eggs in the Khudobin basket until he comes in and clearly steals the job away from Rask or Thomas.  I wouldn't mind them trading TT, but Rask shouldn't be moved until Khudobin proves himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And proves he won't bolt for the KHL if he doesn't get $6M on his first contracts as the starter. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]And proves he won't bolt for the KHL if he doesn't get $6M on his first contracts as the starter. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dont like an unproven Russian who has allready pulled the "KHL" card.

However from highlights ive seen of Khudo I really like his game its very different than Tuukkas and alot more Thomas like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would want a player and a pick for Tuukka. Small market teams like Colorado can't go out and spend every summer so prospects n high picks are something they would not be able to afford because they keep the rights for players for so long before they eventually lose them to free agency.

Count the Avs out as they would do the deal in a second but too much to give up for what Chiarelli would ask for. PCs phone will ringing quite a bit down on the draft floor but better be right giving up a 24 year old goaltender with a playoff series victory under his belt. Oh and now way does Chiarelli make a conference rival better forget Philly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Alright, let's get wild:

To Colorado: Rask
    To Detroit: Thomas (gets to retire at home, another shot at a cup)
    To Boston: Jimmy Howard, 2nd overall pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no thanks dc... even though howard is a fellow new yorker, i'm not sold on the guy. the b's are in a good spot. thomas starts next year as #1(barring injury), let tuukka and "the russian" compete to take over that spot when(if) TT declines. that's pretty decent depth, more than could be said for many nhl teams. it really is up to tuukka, will he sit behind TT-while other teams could use his services?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Tukka   is going no where......... one more year with TT  leading the way  means  PC signs tukka for less then true value as next year is  his last under contract.  So as BACK UP  will not be able to demand  5 mil a yr PC will re sign him in the  3 mil range  save some  $$$    with TT off the book 1 yr ltr. Great position for BRUINS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont think Thomas is ever going to "decline" honestly.  I think if he was playing behind a crap team like the Islanders, it would be a different story, but playing with so much offense and a great defense, Thomas can play here for years to come.

I also dont buy that Tuukka is going to be some great NHL #1.  All these years he's been "touted" as the next big thing (by whom exactly???) and what has he done?  4 seasons and 79 games total, 45 of which were last year alone.  Honestly, if MF hadnt of had back issues a couple years ago and Thomas a blown hip last year, Rask would still be playing in Providence.  Im just not convinced, or "sold" on Rask.

I WOULD trade Rask if it were a good trade.  Not a first rounder, but a HIGH first rounder, like a top 5.  Id love to see Thomas get a cup here and retire.  I DO NOT want him playing somewhere else.  If he has to go, I want him to go where he wants to and get a cup there.  He has been a fantastic goalie here and seems to be a genuinely nice guy.  I have a ton of respect for him and what he has accomplished.  He deserves to be treated with respect by the organization.  He is a class act.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Why in the world would we be discussing some pie in the sky trade....that couldn't possibly carry an ounce of probability..... in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, ....when our team is still in.
    Amazing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bigvig...if tuukka had afew more starts last year, he would have been a vezina finalist! lead the league in gaa and save%. not like it was in only 10 starts, he played in over half the games. but as stevegm says, this is talk for when the season is over. let's stay in the moment, and support our b's. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

All of you betting on Tim Thomas not declining, well he would be the first athlete in the history of the world not to decline. Of course he will. Also, recall the latter part of this season, he had trouble playing several games consecutively. Rask is very good young goaltender, trading him would be foolish. However, if you jump in the way back machine, the Bruins have traded away young talented goaltenders (Bernie Parent, Ken Dryden) when they were "stocked" with goalies- let's not go down that road again. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Where the Bs finish in these playoffs will determine what happens on or before draft day. Never rule out anything. PC knows his assets well and knows his needs also. I wouldnt be afraid to bet on a trade of either one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think Thomas is ever going to "decline" honestly.  I think if he was playing behind a crap team like the Islanders, it would be a different story, but playing with so much offense and a great defense, Thomas can play here for years to come. I also dont buy that Tuukka is going to be some great NHL #1.  All these years he's been "touted" as the next big thing (by whom exactly???) and what has he done?  4 seasons and 79 games total, 45 of which were last year alone.  Honestly, if MF hadnt of had back issues a couple years ago and Thomas a blown hip last year, Rask would still be playing in Providence.  Im just not convinced, or "sold" on Rask. I WOULD trade Rask if it were a good trade.  Not a first rounder, but a HIGH first rounder, like a top 5.  Id love to see Thomas get a cup here and retire.  I DO NOT want him playing somewhere else.  If he has to go, I want him to go where he wants to and get a cup there.  He has been a fantastic goalie here and seems to be a genuinely nice guy.  I have a ton of respect for him and what he has accomplished.  He deserves to be treated with respect by the organization.  He is a class act.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

He has been touted as a future star NHL goalie for all of these reasons:

1.  Fundamentals  -  Fundamentally he is 10x more sound than Thomas and will make saves that Timmy won't always make by just being in the right position. (I'm not bashing Timmy, I'm just stating fact.)

2.  Athleticism  -  The kid has it all.  He's got great reflexes, he's got size, and he is one of the most flexible goalies I've seen.

3. Demeanor  -  He's cool, calm, and confident in net and this rubs off on the players in front him.

4.  He's PROVEN he has what it takes at the NHL level.  Just look at the stats from 09-10:

2009–10Boston BruinsNHL452212525628451.97.931

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuuka to Avs? : He has been touted as a future star NHL goalie for all of these reasons: 1.  Fundamentals  -  Fundamentally he is 10x more sound than Thomas and will make saves that Timmy won't always make by just being in the right position. (I'm not bashing Timmy, I'm just stating fact.) 2.  Athleticism  -  The kid has it all.  He's got great reflexes, he's got size, and he is one of the most flexible goalies I've seen. 3. Demeanor  -  He's cool, calm, and confident in net and this rubs off on the players in front him. 4.  He's PROVEN he has what it takes at the NHL level.  Just look at the stats from 09-10: 2009–10 Boston Bruins NHL 45 22 12 — 5 2562 84 5 1.97 .931
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

Nice post! mb30

Sections
Shortcuts