Tuuka to Avs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Re: Tuuka to Avs?

Thomas and Tuukka will be 50-50 next year and after that.  Then Tuukka will be #1 for another decade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In Response to Re: Tuuka to Avs?:
    [QUOTE]1.  Fundamentals  -  Fundamentally he is 10x more sound than Thomas and will make saves that Timmy won't always make by just being in the right position. (I'm not bashing Timmy, I'm just stating fact.) [/QUOTE]

Tuukka is very often way too deep in his net and/or his angle is slightly off center leading to a lot of goals that should of never went in.  Far from fundamentally solid.

[QUOTE]
    2.  Athleticism  -  The kid has it all.  He's got great reflexes, he's got size, and he is one of the most flexible goalies I've seen. [/QUOTE]

Would disagree about the reflexes part completely.  I have always thought his refexes are very poor and one of the weaker areas of his game.

[QUOTE]3. Demeanor  -  He's cool, calm, and confident in net and this rubs off on the players in front him. [/QUOTE]

Continually gives up early 1st period goals, and has had trouble holding multiple goal leads all season.  Hardly what I would call "cool, calm, and collected".

[QUOTE]
    4.  He's PROVEN he has what it takes at the NHL level.  Just look at the stats from 09-10: 2009–10 Boston Bruins NHL 45 22 12 — 5 2562 84 5 1.97 .931
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

Hannu Toivonen, Blaine Lacher, Jim Carey, ect...  All of those goalies had great rookie seasons as well, and were out of the NHL within a couple years.    One good season means nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Dont forget Raycroft.  All "TOUTED" as the next big thing, all currently appearing on episodes of "Where are they now".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuuka to Avs? : Tuukka is very often way too deep in his net and/or his angle is slightly off center leading to a lot of goals that should of never went in.  Far from fundamentally solid. Would disagree about the reflexes part completely.  I have always thought his refexes are very poor and one of the weaker areas of his game. Continually gives up early 1st period goals, and has had trouble holding multiple goal leads all season.  Hardly what I would call "cool, calm, and collected". Hannu Toivonen, Blaine Lacher, Jim Carey, ect...  All of those goalies had great rookie seasons as well, and were out of the NHL within a couple years.    One good season means nothing.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

So what do you think of Grant Fuhr?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuuka to Avs? : Tuukka is very often way too deep in his net and/or his angle is slightly off center leading to a lot of goals that should of never went in.  Far from fundamentally solid. Would disagree about the reflexes part completely.  I have always thought his refexes are very poor and one of the weaker areas of his game. Continually gives up early 1st period goals, and has had trouble holding multiple goal leads all season.  Hardly what I would call "cool, calm, and collected". Hannu Toivonen, Blaine Lacher, Jim Carey, ect...  All of those goalies had great rookie seasons as well, and were out of the NHL within a couple years.    One good season means nothing.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

He's still young and every goalie gets caught out of position once in a while.   I disagree with your word choice of "very often".  As far as 1st period goals go, I agree he does need to work on his focus in the early parts of games, but this will come with more experience as a starter.  I still believe he will be a very highly regarded goaltender in this league for a very long time, but we'll just have to wait and see!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would offer TT to the Avs for Matt Duchesnes and a 1st round pick ...Khudobin would become the no.1 next season (approx 50 games ) and Tuuka 30 games approx ...

I predict Khodobin will become a Vezina trophy winner with the next 3 years..mark my words

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I would offer TT to the Avs for Matt Duchesnes and a 1st round pick ...Khudobin would become the no.1 next season (approx 50 games ) and Tuuka 30 games approx ... I predict Khodobin will become a Vezina trophy winner with the next 3 years..mark my words Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You're living in a dream world if you think the Aves would give up Matt Duchene and a first round pick for TT.  As a matter of fact, you're living in a dream world if you think they would give us Matt Duchene for Tim Thomas and OUR 1st round pick(actually toronto's).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I would offer TT to the Avs for Matt Duchesnes and a 1st round pick ...Khudobin would become the no.1 next season (approx 50 games ) and Tuuka 30 games approx ... I predict Khodobin will become a Vezina trophy winner with the next 3 years..mark my words Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Ill trade you 3 of the Red properties for Boardwalk and Parkplace K stanley?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

stanley, you need mental help...seriously.
    On to the topic
    The goalies contracts weren't made by accident.
    Tuukka is an RFA after next season. After next season Thomas loses his NMC. Its pretty clear whats going to happen. TT and Rask split time next season, whoever plays better plays in the playoffs. in the off season TT gets dealt, Rask gets extended

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where is Andrew Raycroft now ? 2 shutouts with Dallas this season. Laughing at comparing Tuukka to Toivonen, Blaine Lacher, Jim Carey if that's what you see in Rask then stop evaluating goalies because you are blind.

I do agree with Thomas is deserving of allot more respect and admiration from Bruins fans there are still a ton that don't give him props.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Where is Andrew Raycroft now ? 2 shutouts with Dallas this season. Laughing at comparing Tuukka to Toivonen, Blaine Lacher, Jim Carey if that's what you see in Rask then stop evaluating goalies because you are blind. I do agree with Thomas is deserving of allot more respect and admiration from Bruins fans there are still a ton that don't give him props.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'll give Tim Thomas props. He never gives up. Not the smoothest or most efficient goal tender out there but the man fights hard. Many people gave up on him throughout his career, but he never quit and look what he has made of himself one Vezina trophy and in the running for a second. I still believe Tuukka will have a better career but I have no problem with TT in net right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Who the hell who trade his future number 1 instead of the old guy!!  Are you out of your mind!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b7c672ad508dc8e1f4ad2cdad11b02d2&plckUserId=b7c672ad508dc8e1f4ad2cdad11b02d2">
    First: 2/14/2010
    Last: 5/2/2011

Why in the world would we be discussing some pie in the sky trade....that couldn't possibly carry an ounce of probability..... in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, ....when our team is still in.
    Amazing.

EXACTLY!

I could less about the offseason until it actually arrives!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I wouldn't feel confident with Rask as a starter for next year based on his play this year.He was nowhere near as good as TT this year.There isn't any reason TT can't play at this level for the next two years ,hopefully by that time Rask has his game back on track or the B's find a replacement. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

You need to give Tuukka another year to see if this year was what he really is as a goalie or if it was him working through his second year slump.  Goalies usually have decent first years, then people collect video and analyze the crap out of them and find any weakness they can. 

This is why it was big that we didn't deal Thomas away this past summer.  This gave Tuukka a year to go through this without the spotlight or pressure to fix it while being the go-to guy (Hannu and Raycroft didn't benefit from that).

The Bruins have one of the best tandems in the NHL (personal opinion is that they have THE best but I know people will argue Vancouver's is better).  Right now it is a relatively cheap tandem too, what about 6 mil between the two??

Keep them both and see what happens after next year.  Ryder will be coming off the books, who knows what will happen with Savard or Kaberle as well.  You will get some cap space that way no need to mess with something that MIGHT not be broken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Colorado has 3 assets I would accept in return for Tuukka: Duchene, Johnson, and their 1st rounder
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And for me personally that's a starting point.

Sections
Shortcuts