Tuukka injured today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Tuukka injured today

Joe Haggerty â€@HackswithHaggs

Also per @jedli it appears that Tuukka Rask has suffered some kind of injury in the Czech Republic & had to leave a game early.

Joe Haggerty â€@HackswithHaggs

Even worse news: @jedli indicates that Tuukka Rask's injury appears to be a groin. A groin/abdomen problem wiped him out at end of last year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Tuukka injured today

Hopefully he's all right, and hopefully it's not the groin. Wouldn't be good to see that become a recurring theme.

Also, the Khudobin is a big question mark should this be an injury like last years. Doesn't look like there will be NHL hockey any time soon - if at all, so plenty of time for him to heal up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tuukka should have a few months to get healed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If it's the groin, it's not good news, simply because it's the second time in a year. Not good. Hopefully it's just a minor tweak but anything to do with the groin/abdomen or ankle is very bad for goalies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Not good news at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tuukka should have a few months to get healed.

[/QUOTE]

Sad but true !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it's the groin, it's not good news, simply because it's the second time in a year. Not good. Hopefully it's just a minor tweak but anything to do with the groin/abdomen or ankle is very bad for goalies.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts also. Two injuries to the same area within a short period of time ? Not good. If the season were somehow to start Stanley's prediction of Khudobin as #1 would come true......just not the way he intended it to. 

And who would be the backup ? Two goalies from the AHL who would be rookies in the NHL ? The B's goatending situation would be questionable at best .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Something to think about. Perhaps he just tweaked it again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd like to see Svedberg get that start if that scenario happened Chowda.

Or oh boy hear it comes..."Turco Time"...

Edit: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/rask-may-have-suffered-a-groin-injury-in-czech-republic/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm hoping it's just a tweak...

I'm sure we've all had groin strains in the past...

They are hard to get rid of...

Hopefully, it's not a recurring thing or we might have to dig Timmy up from his bunker once the season begins...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts also. Two injuries to the same area within a short period of time ? Not good. If the season were somehow to start Stanley's prediction of Khudobin as #1 would come true......just not the way he intended it to. 

And who would be the backup ? Two goalies from the AHL who would be rookies in the NHL ? The B's goatending situation would be questionable at best .

[/QUOTE]

If the season were to start and Rask is out for an extended period of time, I'm guessing Khudobin starts and they'd aquire a veteran (Leighton??) to stabalize the position.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm more concerned that it seems he gets hurt relatively often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Goalie's & groin pulls = bad all the way around. I did mine 3 yrs ago & it still hasn't healed properly & that's going to a Flames Dr @ UofC. Rask is young enough for it to heal moreso than an over the hill 40+ yr old like myself, but having this injury twice in less than a yr & having a good 6-9 months of healing time isn't good at all for Rask, or the B's.

Somebody said Leighton, but Brizzy is going to do Philly a favor & never come back. Now that Bobrovsky is gone & they won't be able to afford Luongo. I think Michael Leighton will be staying in Philly. 

If this lock out settles at some point to save this season? "Whodaman" just very well maybe "the man" that is leaned on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A frail goaltender with a #1 spot guaranteed shouldn't be out goofing off in Europe during this lockout.

Careless and stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A frail goaltender with a #1 spot guaranteed shouldn't be out goofing off in Europe during this lockout.

Careless and stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Goofing off ? Now there's a well thought out comment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

Careless and stupid.

[/QUOTE]   I didn't know trying to earn a living could be classified as goofing off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

According to Rask's agent its just a tweak and it was a pre-cautionary move to leave the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Scheisse!  There goes the season!  Opps, there is no season.  I wonder if what would happen if one would tell deer hunters that there is no season!?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Careless and stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Probably the lamest thing you ever wrote NAS. Have no idea where your head is at on this one. Not playing & only practicing would do nothing, but hurt Rask if & when there is a season. I'm glad he & Khudobin are both playing somewhere & Price, Miller, Anderson & Reimer are not! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probably the lamest thing you ever wrote NAS. Have no idea where your head is at on this one. Not playing & only practicing would do nothing, but hurt Rask if & when there is a season. I'm glad he & Khudobin are both playing somewhere & Price, Miller, Anderson & Reimer are not! 

[/QUOTE]

Will it hurt more than playing and pulling a groin in a throw away game in a throw away league?  The guy signed a one year contract and is supposed to be the #1 goalie on an NHL team.  Risk vs. Reward is my point of view.  The forwards playing in the soft leagues like Softie Joe in Switzerland makes sense. 

I'll take Carey Price with a bit of rust to be knocked off if and when a season starts over a groin injury.  Wouldn't you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will it hurt more than playing and pulling a groin in a throw away game in a throw away league?  The guy signed a one year contract and is supposed to be the #1 goalie on an NHL team.  Risk vs. Reward is my point of view.  The forwards playing in the soft leagues like Softie Joe in Switzerland makes sense. 

I'll take Carey Price with a bit of rust to be knocked off if and when a season starts over a groin injury.  Wouldn't you?

[/QUOTE]

I like where your heads at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

As a Bruins fan and in an ideal world, all Bruins players should be staying injury free (by not playing or playing) waiting for a new season to start.

In the real world, the possibilities of a season being totally scrapped are becoming greater each and every day this lockout goes on. Hockey careers don't last forever. I don't blame any of these players ( including Tuukka ) for wanting to make money while they can by playing overseas. Injuries are sometimes part of the consequences for making this choice.

Being handed the #1 job for an NHL team doesn't do anything for the bank account if you're not playing or getting paid.

NHL players have to do what's best for themselves during this lockout. For Tuukka and many others their choice was to play to make the cash. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Just a precautionary move according to the agent. But we are talking about agents though, they are very honest people LOL.

Open season for hunters but no season for the NHL YET!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes groin area for any athlete is easily prone for reinjury. My groin is fine but i am not planning to run the marathon or climb Mount Everest. What me worry? Goofing off is vague word but work is work. If i was out of a job then i would need to employ myself somewhere i would not originally planned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Just a precautionary move according to the agent. But we are talking about agents though, they are very honest people LOL.

Open season for hunters but no season for the NHL YET!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes groin area for any athlete is easily prone for reinjury. My groin is fine but i am not planning to run the marathon or climb Mount Everest. What me worry? Goofing off is vague word but work is work. If i was out of a job then i would need to employ myself somewhere i would not originally planned.

Sections
Shortcuts