Tuukka injured today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Tuukka injured today

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a Bruins fan and in an ideal world, all Bruins players should be staying injury free (by not playing or playing) waiting for a new season to start.

In the real world, the possibilities of a season being totally scrapped are becoming greater each and every day this lockout goes on. Hockey careers don't last forever. I don't blame any of these players ( including Tuukka ) for wanting to make money while they can by playing overseas. Injuries are sometimes part of the consequences for making this choice.

Being handed the #1 job for an NHL team doesn't do anything for the bank account if you're not playing or getting paid.

NHL players have to do what's best for themselves during this lockout. For Tuukka and many others their choice was to play to make the cash. 

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, but I do see what NAS is saying, a goalie who is slated to be your number one, coming off of a pretty serious groin injury perhaps would have been better served just practicing locally where he could check in with the team doctor, if thats even allowed. Cause it's obvious the groin wasnt 100% healed if it happened again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree that people need to work and should.  I'd protect my asset (my body) and not go make $150K or whatever he's getting paid over there.

If you're going to get hurt, get hurt on the NHL ice.  At least then, you're contract still gets paid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

They all take insurance out on their contracts. He will be getting paid anyways but the injury isn't that serious According to his agent. If we can take his word for it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yikes, disagree on the groin issue, are you wonderkinds of hockey saying that Tuuka did not have better medical advise?  Stop the nonesense!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yikes, disagree on the groin issue, are you wonderkinds of hockey saying that Tuuka did not have better medical advise?  Stop the nonesense!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what kind of medical advice he is privvy too, I'd assume it's top notch. But he has at least tweaked the same groin, and i'd assume this happened because it clearly wasn't fully healed and he jumped at the oppurtunity to get some game action. I don't blame him for trying to stay sharp, but theres also a reason why Sidney Crosby isn't playing overseas as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Cause Sidney could not get an insurance guarantee?  My point is Tuuka knows of the dangers of groin pulls, any player (like Andrew Ference) knows that it is something that reoccur quickly.  I am pleased Tuuka is playing overseas, he is young and in need of work.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Cause Sidney could not get an insurance guarantee?  My point is Tuuka knows of the dangers of groin pulls, any player (like Andrew Ference) knows that it is something that reoccur quickly.  I am pleased Tuuka is playing overseas, he is young and in need of work.  

[/QUOTE]

Crosbys contract is $400,000.00 a month to insure.

Lets hope Tuuka plays it safe, with the possibilty of a shortened season, points will be that much more valuable, can't afford to have someone like Turco in the pipes during meaningful games like last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does Tuukka need work?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probably the lamest thing you ever wrote NAS. Have no idea where your head is at on this one. Not playing & only practicing would do nothing, but hurt Rask if & when there is a season. I'm glad he & Khudobin are both playing somewhere & Price, Miller, Anderson & Reimer are not! 

[/QUOTE]

Will it hurt more than playing and pulling a groin in a throw away game in a throw away league?  The guy signed a one year contract and is supposed to be the #1 goalie on an NHL team.  Risk vs. Reward is my point of view.  The forwards playing in the soft leagues like Softie Joe in Switzerland makes sense. 

I'll take Carey Price with a bit of rust to be knocked off if and when a season starts over a groin injury.  Wouldn't you?

[/QUOTE]

If there's a 48 game schedule again. You won't be able to afford to have rust. Glad Rask is playing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

If there's a 48 game schedule again. You won't be able to afford to have rust. Glad Rask is playing.

[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to have an injured groin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what kind of medical advice he is privvy too, I'd assume it's top notch. But he has at least tweaked the same groin, and i'd assume this happened because it clearly wasn't fully healed and he jumped at the oppurtunity to get some game action. I don't blame him for trying to stay sharp, but theres also a reason why Sidney Crosby isn't playing overseas as well.

[/QUOTE]

kel, no possibility of the injury being fully healed, being cleared to play and it becoming a second injury in the same area ? Goalies do have to use their legs to stretch out on saves as you know.

If it was fully healed, it doesn't mean this area has exemption from future injuries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Add Bergeron to the goofing off list. Oh, what will the Bruins do once the season starts up in January ? Sept 2013 ? Whenever ? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is. Brain injury vs. leg injury ?

The epidemic of head injuries/concussions is currently ruining careers. Groin issues like Tuukka had/has ? An epidemic ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does Tuukka need work?

[/QUOTE]

I'll answer that.

A simple concept of the more you do something, the better you can be at it. Conversely.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I'll take him playing in regular meaniful games vs than just practice, or shinny. Injury is part of the risk & I'll take that risk in order for him to be more ready than someone who isn't. Very silly to expect a goalie to be on top of his game, or improve his game without playing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I'll take him playing in regular meaniful games vs than just practice, or shinny. Injury is part of the risk & I'll take that risk in order for him to be more ready than someone who isn't. Very silly to expect a goalie to be on top of his game, or improve his game without playing.

[/QUOTE]

totally agree with you under normal circumstances. In this case, where he is coming off a pretty significant injury, I'd rather see him practicing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

totally agree with you under normal circumstances. In this case, where he is coming off a pretty significant injury, I'd rather see him practicing.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, it wouldn't matter what Rask decided. He was going to have his detractors either way. There's no set formula for what to do while locked out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kel, it wouldn't matter what Rask decided. He was going to have his detractors either way. There's no set formula for what to do while locked out.

[/QUOTE]

True Dez, and I don't blame the kid, it's just my uneducated opinion on his groin, easy for me to say after he re-injured it. I bet, where he signed kind of late that the team told him they had other options from the NHL and he jumped on it just hoping to play and stay sharp. I hope theres a season and I hope he's ready.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True Dez, and I don't blame the kid, it's just my uneducated opinion on his groin, easy for me to say after he re-injured it. I bet, where he signed kind of late that the team told him they had other options from the NHL and he jumped on it just hoping to play and stay sharp. I hope theres a season and I hope he's ready.

[/QUOTE]

For me, there's no right or wrong. It's just opinions. On another note, the Prov game has been decent so far. They're down 2-0 but getting good chances. Cheers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No to need to worry folks. Tuukka was back in net last night playing in a SO victory against David Krejci's team.

Sections
Shortcuts