TUUKKA need to shut up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: TUUKKA need to shut up!

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fine line.  Goalies should be seen and not heard.  I think that's the real lesson here.

Right nite, kelvana, SoxFan...who else am I missing?

Goalies should be looked at and shot at - and not listened to.  

They are all stark raving lunatics.

Wait until you hear Svedberg, 10 to 1 you'll think Bryz is an interview public relations kings, and not in just this planet, but the universe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

bim who that is currently playing in the NHL would you be sold on? I can't think of a single goalie I'd rather have. Price has off games. Anderson keeps getting hurt. Miller is d0uche. Lundquvist has been shakey. Brodeur is old. Luongo... lol. Kipprusoff is old. Rinne hasn't been playing too well. Halak is not doing well. Elliott... UGH. Smith has been so-so. Quick started injured and hasn't been as lights out as he had been.

Am I missing anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

bim who that is currently playing in the NHL would you be sold on? I can't think of a single goalie I'd rather have. Price has off games. Anderson keeps getting hurt. Miller is d0uche. Lundquvist has been shakey. Brodeur is old. Luongo... lol. Kipprusoff is old. Rinne hasn't been playing too well. Halak is not doing well. Elliott... UGH. Smith has been so-so. Quick started injured and hasn't been as lights out as he had been.

Am I missing anyone?

All of whom have never won a Cup, so Tuukka is in great company.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Am I missing anyone?

How about the guy we just saw...Pavelec...he looked great, as has Crawford most of this season. Mike Smith is pretty good along with Fluery just to name a few.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

How about the guy we just saw...Pavelec...he looked great, as has Crawford most of this season. Mike Smith is pretty good along with Fluery just to name a few.

Pavelec?? I'm hoping the Jets can figure out a  way to get rid of him. He's the definition of inconsistency. Some nights he looks like Roy, other nights he looks like a poor man's Blaine Lacher (in his second year).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I am amazed, but probably shouldn't be. Of all places on this planet that should understand the use of "we" as meaning "ME and the others", it should be Boston. Evidently the learning curve has slipped, and the use of the English language is not as scholastically important as it once was. In addition, the Kane goal was a complete miss by Ference who overplayed towards center ice; and the Vitale goal was a fluke from Vitale on his back and swiping at a bouncing puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

I am amazed, but probably shouldn't be. Of all places on this planet that should understand the use of "we" as meaning "ME and the others", it should be Boston. Evidently the learning curve has slipped, and the use of the English language is not as scholastically important as it once was. In addition, the Kane goal was a complete miss by Ference who overplayed towards center ice; and the Vitale goal was a fluke from Vitale on his back and swiping at a bouncing puck.

Thats the way i saw it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Am I missing anyone?

When was the last time he was in playoffs... Oh wait... Mike Smith is GARBAGE this year. Fleury is more inconsistent than Bryzgalov. Want to argue that point? Who won in 6 games last year? How many goals per game were given up there? Would I take Fleury? Not even as a backup on my fantasy teams. You'd be better of saying Bobrovski at this point. He's on a mean streak right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why would you listen to what a goalie says? They're all nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

"we" aren't scoring enough goals does not include "me and the others" if you are a goalie!
     Those are excuses for bad goals!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The B's score 4 goals total in their last 3 losses and it is the goalie's fault and he should not say anything...Really?

BTW, if Rask questioned individual players for not scoring that would be throwing someone under the bus...to say that the team needs to score more goals offensively is not doing that, it is stating a point of fact that EVERYONE knows.

In addition, I've seen Tuuka get mad at himself on numerous occasions for giving up what is perceived as a soft goal, but when the offense doesn't give the goalie any support you can't expect him to be perfect between the pipes. Hey guys, score a power play goal every once in a while and you'll take the pressure off the whole team...to get ZERO shots on two of them against the Jets is not the how you do it.

Giving up that soft goal to Kane the other night is a perfect example...if the score was 3/4 to 1 then that type of bad fortune does not mean anything.

Also if I recall correctly Thornton and some others on the team made similar comments about the offense after the Jets and Pens games.

Thornton and some others on the team have the ability to score goals, they are entitled to make comments about lack of scoring.  His job is to stop pucks no matter what the score is.  If he didn't let the shot slip through his pads, the score would have remained 1-1 with a very good chance at taking home a point.  The Bruins outshot the Jets, their goalie made more stops for the W.  The Bruins outshot the Pens 32-18, their goalie made more stops for the W.  I don't have a problem with Tuukaa's play, as much as I have a problem with his mouth. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

99% of the interviews are just cookie cutter responses.  The other 1% is "unsportsmanlike".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

You're being too critical. He was sliding right to make the save and had to basically dive back to his left and it caught the tip/webbing of his glove. Where was AF to clear that rebound that he caused?

Pucks dribble through pads, Lehner in OTT is a perfect example. The OT goal BARELY made it in.

Caught the tip of his glove?  Please!  It's just like in football if you get your hands on the ball... gotta catch that, period.  AF doesn't have to be there if he closes the glove on the puck.  Do you think Lehner wants that one back?  

That's not entirely true though is it? If the receiver is running in one direction and the ball is thrown behind him, he's not expected to catch it just because he managed to get his fingertips on it. That puck was essentially the same thing. I don't see it as a big deal that Rask is saying the team needs to score more goals. Scoring only once isn't going to win many games. Also, what does that NYI goalie have to do with anything? Why are we still talking about Thomas? He's gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're being too critical. He was sliding right to make the save and had to basically dive back to his left and it caught the tip/webbing of his glove. Where was AF to clear that rebound that he caused?

Pucks dribble through pads, Lehner in OTT is a perfect example. The OT goal BARELY made it in.

Caught the tip of his glove?  Please!  It's just like in football if you get your hands on the ball... gotta catch that, period.  AF doesn't have to be there if he closes the glove on the puck.  Do you think Lehner wants that one back?  

That's not entirely true though is it? If the receiver is running in one direction and the ball is thrown behind him, he's not expected to catch it just because he managed to get his fingertips on it. That puck was essentially the same thing. I don't see it as a big deal that Rask is saying the team needs to score more goals. Scoring only once isn't going to win many games. Also, what does that NYI goalie have to do with anything? Why are we still talking about Thomas? He's gone.

You're right, i was using him as a comparative thats all. Although it did bother me when TT would never admit to a bad game.From now on he shall be the person who shall not be named, at least i'll try.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

A true #1 receiver will always say that they should have caught it!  In no way was that a "fingertip" save.  Many don't see it as a big deal, just as you don't.  You are absolutely correct that scoring only once isn't going to win many games, but it can happen and my contention is that is should've ended in at least a tie with Pitt & the Peg if Tuukka made saves that he is capable of making and should have made.  To make matters worse he deflected blame on his teammates, as I said, IMO this is not how a true #1 goalie should handle his post game interviews.  I brought up TT, because there are so many hypocrite Bruins fans and media members that have in the past and certainly would still criticize him for making the same comments that Tuukka has made on multiple occasions this season.  I will continue to talk about Thomas as he is the best Bruins goalie of all time, and I will never forget what he has done for this team.  Many players are gone, but they are not forgotten. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

A true #1 receiver will always say that they should have caught it!  In no way was that a "fingertip" save.  Many don't see it as a big deal, just as you don't.  You are absolutely correct that scoring only once isn't going to win many games, but it can happen and my contention is that is should've ended in at least a tie with Pitt & the Peg if Tuukka made saves that he is capable of making and should have made.  To make matters worse he deflected blame on his teammates, as I said, IMO this is not how a true #1 goalie should handle his post game interviews.  I brought up TT, because there are so many hypocrite Bruins fans and media members that have in the past and certainly would still criticize him for making the same comments that Tuukka has made on multiple occasions this season.  I will continue to talk about Thomas as he is the best Bruins goalie of all time, and I will never forget what he has done for this team.  Many players are gone, but they are not forgotten. 

The "Great Khudo" was in net against Pitt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Mean, I'll admit that even though both Bruins goalies have played well, I'd still like to see them be even sharper. I'll also admit that they're usually better off staying quiet. It's like the Lincoln quote,"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The "Great Khudo" was in net against Pitt.

[/QUOTE]

Khudo was in net for the Tuesday game, not the Sunday game that I have been referring to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Mean, I'll admit that even though both Bruins goalies have played well, I'd still like to see them be even sharper. I'll also admit that they're usually better off staying quiet. It's like the Lincoln quote,"Better to remain silentand be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Something that I should remind myself of often!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A true #1 receiver will always say that they should have caught it!  In no way was that a "fingertip" save.  Many don't see it as a big deal, just as you don't.  You are absolutely correct that scoring only once isn't going to win many games, but it can happen and my contention is that is should've ended in at least a tie with Pitt & the Peg if Tuukka made saves that he is capable of making and should have made.  To make matters worse he deflected blame on his teammates, as I said, IMO this is not how a true #1 goalie should handle his post game interviews.  

Ya! Wait... Um no? A drop is a drop and it is hardly brought up. Stop making issues of something that isn't. Best Bruins goalie of all time? That's going a bit far.

Then based on your opinion there are not many true #1 goalies out there. 

I see this statement as a "Come on guys, I'm doing my part, let's get this motor started and start winning some games."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

A true #1 receiver will always say that they should have caught it!  In no way was that a "fingertip" save.  Many don't see it as a big deal, just as you don't.  You are absolutely correct that scoring only once isn't going to win many games, but it can happen and my contention is that is should've ended in at least a tie with Pitt & the Peg if Tuukka made saves that he is capable of making and should have made.  To make matters worse he deflected blame on his teammates, as I said, IMO this is not how a true #1 goalie should handle his post game interviews.  

Ya! Wait... Um no? A drop is a drop and it is hardly brought up. Stop making issues of something that isn't. Best Bruins goalie of all time? That's going a bit far.

Then based on your opinion there are not many true #1 goalies out there. 

I see this statement as a "Come on guys, I'm doing my part, let's get this motor started and start winning some games."

Going a bit far? Who is your best Bruins goalie of all time?  He didn't say let's get the motor started and win some games.  He stated we need to score more goals!  If he said that we need to play better as a team, that's one thing.  By talking about something that he has no control over, he is calling out those that do.  To me it is an issue.  It's OK if it is not for you or others.  It will only become a "real" issue if his teammates in the room see it as one.  I don't listen to many post game interviews of goalies from other teams, so I can't comment about how many there are out there today.  Although I did hear Miller say that Kaleta needs to grow up (no matter how true it may be).  How did that go over within the room?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would assume pretty well, the guy is a doofus. No body likes him. In the end neither of our opinions really matters, the only opinion that matters is the rest of the players in the locker room. I'm ok with what he said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I agree with the OP, criticize yourself before you criticize your teammates.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In general I prefer players that, when addressing the media, talk about their own performance when things aren't going well and the team when they are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Eric66's comment:

I agree with the OP, criticize yourself before you criticize your teammates.

He has.

Sections
Shortcuts