Tuukka Rask stops shot fired from actual cannon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tuukka Rask stops shot fired from actual cannon

You heard it here first.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24655371/video-tuukka-rask-stops-shot-fired-from-actual-cannon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Re: Tuukka Rask stops shot fired from actual cannon

Finally, this will end the "is he or isn't he" discussion about Rask's eliteness.

Two words: auto-cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'd like to see Price do that.  Maybe if he had Team Canada D in front of him with Subban in the press box.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That was terrific.....a bit badly executed but funny. Gotta admire the love the Fins have for the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Corey Crawford couldn't stop that,especially if it was high glove side.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I'd like to see Price do that.  Maybe if he had Team Canada D in front of him with Subban in the press box.

They'd have to do it in Canada, and there are no cannons in Canada (why would they need weapons when the US serves to protect them at all times), so it wouldn't work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Looks like they get bored in the off-season in Finland too.

In all fairness, I know that cannon guy and this is not the first time Tuukka has faced him. He ALWAYS goes glove side high. ALWAYS! I'd be more impressed if Tuukka had to drop down close the 5 hole. Maybe a little lateral movement from the cannon guy....keep the goalie in motion and guessing. Nope....glove side high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to OatesCam's comment:

They'd have to do it in Canada, and there are no cannons in Canada (why would they need weapons when the US serves to protect them at all times), so it wouldn't work.

I am so glad that you understand the roll of your country. You are the security force, protecting the VIP country of CANADA!!

We are more than happy to pay for your servitude, with Natural Gas, Oil, Food, and Water.

Keep up the good work!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Total illusion!

I can understand smoke coming out of the cannon, but smoke coming out of the glove????

Sorry, I don't buy it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Total illusion!

I can understand smoke coming out of the cannon, but smoke coming out of the glove????

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Sorry Wheats, what you didn't know was that Sepp Blatter was in charge of this promotion ! ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I heard he catches pucks with his teeth too!

See, now it is mumbo jumbo like that, and skinny little lizards like you thinkin' they the last dragon that gives kung-fu a bad name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Nice number on Rask's back. Classy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Corey Crawford couldn't stop that,especially if it was high glove side.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

That shot must have been during the regular season bc he cant stop them when it counts.  Something Crawford can do.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

That shot must have been during the regular season bc he cant stop them when it counts.  Something Crawford can do.  

Only during short seasons. Crawford is like the goalie version of the Leafs,when its a full season its back to normal. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Only during short seasons. Crawford is like the goalie version of the Leafs,when its a full season its back to normal. ;)

Stanley Cup Champion.  And 1-0 vs Rask head to head.  Does that mean Rasks #s from that year and playoff run are nul/void as well.  Bc last year Crawford took his team to the semis.  What did Rask do? Lost to the hated rival.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Stanley Cup Champion.  And 1-0 vs Rask head to head.  Does that mean Rasks #s from that year and playoff run are nul/void as well.  Bc last year Crawford took his team to the semis.  What did Rask do? Lost to the hated rival.  

"Let it Die."

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Other than win the Vezina,nothing. But Crawford did next to nothing as well,as we all know nobody remembers who came second or in Crawfords case 3rd. He won a Cup against the B's in a half season,that will be the nadir of his career. We were talking earlier about if PK is a top 5 d-man, do you think Crawford is even in the top 10 for goalies?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Other than win the Vezina,nothing. But Crawford did next to nothing as well,as we all know nobody remembers who came second or in Crawfords case 3rd. He won a Cup against the B's in a half season,that will be the nadir of his career. We were talking earlier about if PK is a top 5 d-man, do you think Crawford is even in the top 10 for goalies?

Yes. Easily.  Crawford went to the semis twice losing to the eventual cup champions and he has a stanley cup.  Please tell me if you were hiring someone based on a resume alone who you would pick. You are right.  No one remembers who came in second.  That was Rask.   Rask bailed on his country this year, played very average in the playoffs this year and his game 6-7 record in the playoffs is bad.  He also choked a 3-0 series lead away and nearly choked the leafs series away as well.  Funny thing is Crawfords stalk likely went up last year as a money goalie in the playoffs. Chicago didnt deserve to beat minny and if it werent for crawford they arent in the semis.    Meanwhile rask who had the best team in the regular loses in round 2.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yes. Easily.  Crawford went to the semis twice losing to the eventual cup champions and he has a stanley cup.  Please tell me if you were hiring someone based on a resume alone who you would pick. You are right.  No one remembers who came in second.  That was Rask.   Rask bailed on his country this year, played very average in the playoffs this year and his game 6-7 record in the playoffs is bad.  He also choked a 3-0 series lead away and nearly choked the leafs series away as well.  

You always mention the problem you have with Rask is his contract,but your hatred for Tuukka seems to run deeper than just the money,bailed on his country? Any proof of that,i thought he was ill. It was all his fault vs the Flyers,really? And he didn't choke away the Lerf series,did he? At any rate i see your true feelings are at the forefront,thats why i proposed the Rask/Crawford trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes. Easily.  Crawford went to the semis twice losing to the eventual cup champions and he has a stanley cup.  Please tell me if you were hiring someone based on a resume alone who you would pick. You are right.  No one remembers who came in second.  That was Rask.   Rask bailed on his country this year, played very average in the playoffs this year and his game 6-7 record in the playoffs is bad.  He also choked a 3-0 series lead away and nearly choked the leafs series away as well.  Funny thing is Crawfords stalk likely went up last year as a money goalie in the playoffs. Chicago didnt deserve to beat minny and if it werent for crawford they arent in the semis.    Meanwhile rask who had the best team in the regular loses in round 2.   

"Let it Die."  Do I need to call your Staff Sargeant?

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"Let it Die."  Do I need to call your Staff Sargeant?

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree,its over 30 degrees outside where i am and its supposed to stay that way for the next few days,i don't need to be getting heated up before i even head outside. ;-p

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If the Leafs did something similar but with doughnuts shot out of a cannon into a player's mouth to see who could snare the most, who would win?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book,

50 brought it up.  I engaged him in a light hearted exchange.  The Rask debate for me is closed until he wins a cup.   I really dont need to keep it going but people seem to like it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only goalie i'd trade Tuukka for is Quick....

B's are in good hands for at least the next 7 yrs....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

B's are in good hands for at least the next 7 yrs....

Barring injury of course. Uh oh....jinx!!!

Sections
Shortcuts