Tuukka time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Re: Tuukka time

The first goal wasn't his fault.  It was a good one-timer.  The second goal would have been tough for any goalie, but he was way too far out of the crease, which gave the shooter and easy shot.  The OT one was his fault. Chara did his job by keeping the player to the outside and he had to come from the other side of the ice to boot.  He probably assumed that Tim would take care of any soft shot from a bad angle or that Ference would make it back in time for a wrap around shot.  That goal was all Thomas's fault.  He made a bad choice, that's all.

I, personally, don't like his style but thats just a matter of opinion. It's obviously working, they are in the finals after all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Idiotic. I hope the original poster was just having a laugh by posting this. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

last 3 playoff games. 3 goals allowed.

If your blaming the goalie for the teams 1 and 2 record during those 3 games then i suggest you go watch something else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

TT has been great overall but he did goof on the OT goal.Oh well,to suggest we put in a goalie who hasn't played in two months is laughable.I think we will win game 3 .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Tukka time

In Response to Re: Tukka time:
    Super Timmy was again soley responsible for the first and third goals. Vancouver has figured him out real fast. Tuukka will watch while TT is 4' outside the crease.
    Posted by jwb413

Another idiotic post....There is no figuring out TT. TT himself never knows what he is gonna do...Youre a moron, to think TR should be in net.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Tukka time : hey um i am a seasoned goaltender and have watched a lot of thomas stuff. that is his style.. he challenges the shooter more thn anyone. it works have you seen his stats? he was trying to push that punk out of the way which is what chara should have done. im tired of these ungrateful "fans" talkin bad on thomas. i think hes been our mvp these playoffs and regular season. luongo hasnt been challenged. we take most of our shots from the point. he only has to move left or right and it hits him.
    Posted by bruins0796

It's hard to truly ignore people when others reply to them. 
    So here is an indirect reply. 
    To say that the majority of Thomas' spectacular saves are due to him being out of position is just being stubborn. 
    Thomas' style is innovative.  He reads and reacts and when he reads the player only has a shot, he becomes very aggressive and takes that shot away.  He needs his teammates to eliminate second threats.  When he reads a positive situation, man advantage or good match-up (like Chara as the defender) he becomes even more aggressive virtually assuring he is not beaten by the shot.  Thomas never gets beaten by the lone shot because of the way he plays.
    This is not the way goalies played in the day of cheese glove blockers and plastic masks.  This is the modern era.  

Oh and bruins0796, you are spot on.  The one of the reasons he was so far out of position  was that he took it upon himself to take Burrows out of the play when he realized Chara was toast. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time:
    Anyone see if Thomas commented on the play? Didn't see his post game comments on BB.com. It will be interesting to see his take. He has to stay in the net on that play which would allow Chara to have a better angle & most importantly prevent an empty net wraparound goal. Burrows had no passing options on that play. Vancouver appear to be onto something regarding Thomas outside the blue paint. Tough loss no doubt. I do believe they bounce back on Monday though. Not counting them out yet.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

TT will never admit that they lost a game because of him.  He never takes the blame like a true leader would do!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, his explanation was "I was aggressive."  Huh?

It would be refreshing if he would just, for once say," my aggressiveness allows me to stop quite a few shots I normally might not, but yeah it cost me that OT goal."

Never happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tukka time : hey um i am a seasoned goaltender and have watched a lot of thomas stuff. that is his style.. he challenges the shooter more thn anyone. it works have you seen his stats? he was trying to push that punk out of the way which is what chara should have done. im tired of these ungrateful "fans" talkin bad on thomas. i think hes been our mvp these playoffs and regular season. luongo hasnt been challenged. we take most of our shots from the point. he only has to move left or right and it hits him.
    Posted by bruins0796

Um, I dont know what kind of "seasoned goaltender" you are, but if you think trying to "push that punk out of the way" on a play like that is goaltending, then your "seasoning" hasn't gotten past street hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it after tonights loss. Now back to Boston, where we'll find out if the B's can pull off a couple of wins and get this series back to all square.......with Mr. Vezina in net.
    Posted by 4everbruins

Ah yes, the obligatory "Vezina" comment.  Will that undeserved trophy really make you feel better when it's announced later this month after the B's are embarrassed 4 straight?

Oh, I forgot, that's when you will talk about his "stats."  ooh.

PS, as much as it makes me ill to watch TT go back to giving up terrible goals (like Sedin said he would), its never Tuukka Time at this point.  Gotta live and die with Trophy Boy rather than use a goalie whose been buried on the bench for 2 months.

PPS: still chuckling over Mr "seasoned goaltender" above.  That was great, thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : Ah yes, the obligatory "Vezina" comment.  Will that undeserved trophy really make you feel better when it's announced later this month after the B's are embarrassed 4 straight? Oh, I forgot, that's when you will talk about his "stats."  ooh. PS, as much as it makes me ill to watch TT go back to giving up terrible goals (like Sedin said he would), its never Tuukka Time at this point.  Gotta live and die with Trophy Boy rather than use a goalie whose been buried on the bench for 2 months. PPS: still chuckling over Mr "seasoned goaltender" above.  That was great, thanks.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Undeserved? Oh geez, you're kidding right? Your so in the minority if that's what you believe, it's beyond laughable. He totally deserves it. Who is it again that nominates/chooses the Vezina finalists, and ultimately the winner??

And yeah, let's put Tuuka in after not playing since..........uhm, since when I'm sure that would change the series..........not. You have to go with the guy that got you here........or maybe you like Guy Boucher's style? How did that work out?

Until the Bruins can find a little more offensive punch, Mr.Vezina will have to continue to do what he's been doing........stopping alot of quality scoring chances, and keeping it as close as possible. That's the story so far in this series......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : Undeserved? Oh geez, you're kidding right? Your so in the minority if that's what you believe, it's beyond laughable. He totally deserves it. Who is it again that nominates/chooses the Vezina finalists, and ultimately the winner?? And yeah, let's put Tuuka in after not playing since..........uhm, since when I'm sure that would change the series..........not. You have to go with the guy that got you here........or maybe you like Guy Boucher's style? How did that work out? Until the Bruins can find a little more offensive punch, Mr.Vezina will have to continue to do what he's been doing........stopping alot of quality scoring chances, and keeping it as close as possible. That's the story so far in this series......
    Posted by 4everbruins

Sorry 4ever,but that Vezina MUST be undeserved. Why? Because SoxFan says so. He knows everything about goaltending, so it must be true.
    So far, I have learned from SoxFan, is that every save TT makes, is a fluke, or luck, and every goal he allows, is because he is a lousy goalie.
    I used to think. that because Thomas will have won 2 Vezinas in the last 3 years, and just finished the season with the best gaa. OF ALL TIME, that he must be a pretty good goalie, but SoxFan straightened me out.
    He explained that was all done by fluke and luck. How can you argue with those kind of facts?
    Thank goodness SoxFan is around. I was starting to think, that because the bruins had only managed 3 goals in the last 3 games, but in those games, had managed to win a 7th game, and a series, had been tied in another game until the final 20 seconds, and lost another game in overtime, that goaltending was not the problem.
    Turns out, according to SoxFan, and the equally great minds of JWB & Locopoco, goaltending is the ONLY problem.
    I was thinking it was all the turnovers, no powerplay, and lack of scoring, that was the problem, but turns out, it's that darn Thomas again.
       Bring on Tuukka!! That will stop all those turnovers, and fix the powerplay. Why? Because SoxFan says so, and he knows everything. Why? Because SoxFan says so, and he knows everything.
    How can you argue with that kinda logic?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins0796. Show bruins0796's posts

In Response to Re: Tukka time : Um, I dont know what kind of "seasoned goaltender" you are, but if you think trying to "push that punk out of the way" on a play like that is goaltending, then your "seasoning" hasn't gotten past street hockey.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

well seeing as i am not in the net for boston that wasnt me. but that is what thomas tried to do. i might have done the same thing to a guy that slipped through a suspension. id be thinking ok i can get some revenge and if i miss then i have a 6'9'' monster to finish the job. and if he did push him then the play would be fine. chara would have gotten the puck. if he didnt go out of his net there would have been a centering pass that would be hard to stop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins0796. Show bruins0796's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time :    Sorry 4ever,but that Vezina MUST be undeserved. Why? Because SoxFan says so. He knows everything about goaltending, so it must be true. So far, I have learned from SoxFan, is that every save TT makes, is a fluke, or luck, and every goal he allows, is because he is a lousy goalie. I used to think. that because Thomas will have won 2 Vezinas in the last 3 years, and just finished the season with the best gaa. OF ALL TIME, that he must be a pretty good goalie, but SoxFan straightened me out. He explained that was all done by fluke and luck. How can you argue with those kind of facts? Thank goodness SoxFan is around. I was starting to think, that because the bruins had only managed 3 goals in the last 3 games, but in those games, had managed to win a 7th game, and a series, had been tied in another game until the final 20 seconds, and lost another game in overtime, that goaltending was not the problem. Turns out, according to SoxFan, and the equally great minds of JWB & Locopoco, goaltending is the ONLY problem. I was thinking it was all the turnovers, no powerplay, and lack of scoring, that was the problem, but turns out, it's that darn Thomas again.    Bring on Tuukka!! That will stop all those turnovers, and fix the powerplay. Why? Because SoxFan says so, and he knows everything. Why? Because SoxFan says so, and he knows everything. How can you argue with that kinda logic?
    Posted by biggskye

haha wow you sir know how to dish it out. i was wondering myself whose side this guy was on. his name is sox fan but he rips on the best goalie possibly ever. heaven forbid a goal goes in! haha u made my day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : TT will never admit that they lost a game because of him.  He never takes the blame like a true leader would do!
    Posted by lucaooo

You are correct. Thomas deflecting criticism again. No surprise here. He is very good at taking the blame off of himself.

I can't see how more people do not see this selfish side of Thomas. The guy has been great at times but this habit he has of never being accountable frustrates me. I am sure his teamates seethrough it though.

What if a teamate came out & said Timmy should of been playing goalie instead of safety? Great leadership Timmy.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21108426/thomas-we-havent-tested-luongo-enough 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins0796. Show bruins0796's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : You are correct. Thomas deflecting criticism again. No surprise here. He is very good at taking the blame off of himself. I can't see how more people do not see this selfish side of Thomas. The guy has been great at times but this habit he has of never being accountable frustrates me. I am sure his teamates seethrough it though. What if a teamate came out & said Timmy should of been playing goalie instead of safety? Great leadership Timmy. http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21108426/thomas-we-havent-tested-luongo-enough  
    Posted by Newfiebullet

stop man. you think timmys selfish? is it his fault that our every shot is from the point? no then go to hell. our offense is terrible right now and thats TTs fault? and hes not captain so not really the leader. chara should have nailed burrows nut he didnt. if you dont like timmy thomas then dont watch. try rooting for your team. Wow i know who would have thought of that right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : stop man. you think timmys selfish? is it his fault that our every shot is from the point? no then go to hell. our offense is terrible right now and thats TTs fault? and hes not captain so not really the leader. chara should have nailed burrows nut he didnt. if you dont like timmy thomas then dont watch. try rooting for your team. Wow i know who would have thought of that right?

How old are you?

Actually I do think he is selfish. I am going by numerous comments over the years when things don't go well or he allows a bad goal. He has a habit of publically deflecting all criticism off of himself. In this particular case he criticises the Bruins offence & diminishes Luongo's play. If he feels that way then you keep that to yourself rather then going public with those comments. Very selfish on his part.

What if a fwd came out in the Tampa series & publically said we can't be giving up 5 goals a game & expect to win?

I certainly don't  think it is Tuukka time right now as he has been mishandled from day 1 this season & this is Thomas' show for this year.

But with Thomas & his fans it seems when he has a great game it is all him but when he has a questionable game it is everyone elses fault. That is what is annoying about the guy for me.
    Posted by bruins0796

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins0796. Show bruins0796's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time :
    Posted by Newfiebullet

my age really? stalker. and they did say that inthe tampa series

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka time : TT will never admit that they lost a game because of him.  He never takes the blame like a true leader would do!
    Posted by lucaooo

And you know this how?  Because he didn't say it in the media?  Truth is....no one knows what is said behind closed doors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Tuukka time:
    Right now!!!
    Posted by jwb413

get tuukka in there now jwb!!! its 8-1 give thomas a break

Sections
Shortcuts