Tuukka trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Tuukka trade

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=G&fa_type_id=2

Free agents to back up Thomas was mentioned if Chiarelli were dumb enough to trade Rask. So you have Huet, Roloson, Ellis, Auld, Biron, Conklin, Raycroft a cast of cast-offs to be the backup ? Clemmensen is the only one worth a damn and he's going to hit pay dirt that PC can't afford during this summers free agency.

Ask yourself what Yzerman would do if he had a goalie like Rask. What happens if Thomas injures his other hip after the trade and then the Bruins have to go into the playoffs with Khudobin ? This board would light up "what a dumb move trading Tuukka I knew it!"

PC is not dumb and he has the cards to do something w/o giving up a real good young goalie. We all will be surprised again bet it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka trade:
    What will tuuka fall do with his life if Rask is traded?
    Posted by BadHabitude

fall and fall forever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm not for trading Tuuka.
    What I dislike though is this goalie merry-go-round.... 
    If you notice Thomas's game stated to slip the momment the Bruins started their one game Thomas , the next the Rask system (if we can call it that).
    It's changed a little since December but the ratio still points to shring the goal.
    As long as I've played and watched there has to be a no1 that plays 75-80% of the games. Look at Price in Montreal or Brodeur in his good years... 
    For the Bruins to be succesful in the playoffs Julien soon has to ride his no1 goalie, it's time now, he's rested Thomas.
    Rask will get his chance but we won't really see his worth till he becomes no1 therefore stop this merry-go-round and we won't see Rask look bad like last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pitzer04. Show pitzer04's posts

Blaine Lacher, Jon Casey, Steve Shields, John Grahame, Jeff Hackett, Rob Tallas, Jim Carey, Manny Fernandez, Craig Billington, (old)Felix Potvin, (old)Bill Ranford, Byron Dafoe, and John Blue.

Those are some of the goalies that the Bruins relied on between Moog and Thomas.  Almost 15 years of garbage.  Dafoe was fine, but the people on here saying that a couple more years of Thomas will be plenty to find another replacement goaltender have to be 20 years old.

I mean, if goalies were so easy to come by, why would Rask have any trade value?

That being said, every guy has his value.  If the Hawks called and said Kane for Rask, I'd do it, of if CBJ asked for Rask + Spooner for Nash + Mason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

As IPOT clearly pointed out, the DEFENSE, including Chara has been lousy. Last night Tuuka made a number of good saves, and he does not leave front of the crease rebounds like Timmy is doing lately. Three of the goals were because the bruins defenders backed off. On Wheeler's goal Chara backed away, poked at the puck, Wheels set up, had plenty of time and picked a corner like any nreasonable scorer can do. On the third period goals, Lucic looked at the scorer, looked away, and lost the coverage. This is poor playing. In addition, once again, the refs called Kelly, and let Wheeler, who started the scrum, go free. Chiarelli should be blasting the ref-in-chief by now. As far as a trade, let's not be stupid. Timmy is showing the effects of his acrobatic style. He an be good, as in the last shootout, but, we were in a shootout because he played a so-so game. Premier athletes age quickly once they start, and Timmy is starting. Rask is the fail safe who plays much better when he is given more games, and his skills become sharper.
    Posted by bogie6

Nope, 5-hole. Wheeler's not known for having a howitzer. Most goalie's will say they should have stopped a wrister that they can see that goes through them. That goal was of the weak variety IMO. If Wheeeler would have picked the corner then you'd have to give him kudos. He didn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

OH NO the B's LOST YESTERDAY? Dam then like most of you think. We should trade everyone RIGHT NOW for Nash. Nash will save the rest of our season. Lets trade Thomas and Rask to get awsome forwards and defenseman in return. How about that? Im thinking with good defenmen and good forwards and dont need good goaltending. People stop with the stupid threads of "its time to move Rask, or Seguin." The time will come that PC will make a trade ONLY if it makes sense to the team. People need to relax abit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

OH NO the B's LOST YESTERDAY? Dam then like most of you think. We should trade everyone RIGHT NOW for Nash. Nash will save the rest of our season. Lets trade Thomas and Rask to get awsome forwards and defenseman in return. How about that? Im thinking with good defenmen and good forwards and dont need good goaltending. People stop with the stupid threads of "its time to move Rask, or Seguin." The time will come that PC will make a trade ONLY if it makes sense to the team. People need to relax abit.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

I'd settle for a trade for some depth at forward. A serviceable 3rd or 4th liner until Horton/Peverley get back is what I'd focus on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbfan. Show bigbfan's posts

I also feel now is the time to trade Tukka "IF" they can bring in a top 2 D man or top 6 forward.  I really do see Timmy playing at this level for another couple of years and based on Rask's inconsistency, he may not be as good as we think.  He is certainly not a Price/Quick/....etc.  The reality is not many teams have 2 starting goalies and in this modern NHL it is really a luxury to have two #1 goalies.  The only thing that scares me is the utter lack of goalie talent and for that matter blueline talent in the organization.  If they do trade TR, PC would need to sign or trade for a vet backup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Reading all the posts here; I think that it all comes down to one question.... Would you rather a chance at a SC this season at the expense of the next 5-7 years?   Reasoning:  If you feel that the key to winning a SC is good goal tending then you have to ask a few questions: 1.  How long can you ride TT's magic?  What if TT is not as good as last year?  So far this is the case.  Is this an abnomily? or has TT had his 5 min of fame?  Can he be a lifetime threat, or is he just a good goalie who peaked at just the right time.   2. Is Tuka the future?  Good goalies are a premium; look around the league, premium teams have premium goalies.  Giving him up means that you have to find another backup and within in a year or 2, a starting goalie...you need to hope that he is good enough to carry you through the playoffs, because every team has its downs...(remember that TT carried this team on a lot of games). 3.      Is a short term scoring chance better than long term defense?  TT has another 1-2 years.  Trade Rask now for scoring, then you give up a potential elete goalie for a short term scoring threat....you  him up means that you would rather have a short term chance than a chance at future success....already, TT is not playing near the level he was last year; what if it doesnt work out and you don't make it to the SCF?  Was it worth it? 4. Woud you rather win a cup this year if it means that you can't win one in the next 2-7 years...remember what I said about goaltending being the key to a SC......
    Posted by dbg1

You're going by what you think instead of what you already know. We all think Rask is going to be great. Like so many others before him that were supposed to be too. What do you we know about Rask so far? That he shown flashes of brilliance & shown flashes of collapsing at critical times. Yes TT failed a few times as well, but the important thing is that he's shown that he got there. A cup. Conn Smythe & 2 Vezinza's, 2 Roger Crozier's, regular season & play-off records set, winner of 4 straight all-star games.
    This team is bulit to win now, but it needs something to win again. You're not selling the farm if you give up Rask at this time. At this moment DK has far more valuable to the B's than Rask is. DK is a far more important piece to winning now than Rask is. Rask deserves to play more & have a fair chance to develope. He's not getting that playing 30-35 games a season that's spread out so far. I don't want the kid to go, but right now there's no Peverly's or Kelly's out there to bring to this team & contribute the same way they did. It's a big name that is needed for that shot in the arm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Hey its the "reactionary room".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka trade : Nope, 5-hole. Wheeler's not known for having a howitzer. Most goalie's will say they should have stopped a wrister that they can see that goes through them. That goal was of the weak variety IMO. If Wheeeler would have picked the corner then you'd have to give him kudos. He didn't.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

You're right Chowda. If the puck is shot above the stick blade & slips thru? I don't let those get to me as badly, because when you place the puck in that gap it's like picking a top corner. It looks bad, because the puck still goes thru you, but as a goalie you know the difference. The one last nite where the puck is along the ice, or within that blade width range? Bad goal 100 % of the time. No excuses even on deflections, because your stick should be there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka trade : Nope, 5-hole. Wheeler's not known for having a howitzer. Most goalie's will say they should have stopped a wrister that they can see that goes through them. That goal was of the weak variety IMO. If Wheeeler would have picked the corner then you'd have to give him kudos. He didn't.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

even the first one ,  while was a nice goal,  hitting the water bottle,  I still think he should have stopped it.   It was right on his mask and Rask tried to move over to make the glove save.  
    Un-orthodox but put your face mask in front of it.  Lundqvist has done it  numerous times.  How many times do we see Thomas just stand in there and the puck goes off his face mask , it's not a fluke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

absolutely.
    Rask and Krecji for Nash.
    Seguin and Horton for Getzlaf.
    Hamilton and Spooner for Suter.
    Caron and #1 for Whitney.

Acquire four All-Stars while giving up one (Seguin) who is weak in my eyes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Please show me where the "goalie of the future" cultivated for years as backup ends up being that? Tuuka is a fine Goalie and will play for years, but whether he is Elite and/or plays here is a crap shoot if history is any indication. This position is more mental than physical and who knows how good he will be at age 30? Probably very good..but no guarantees at this position. Columbus wants MOST a Young Goalie who will be good when they are in 5 years. Columbus wants to trade The Best Power Forward in NHL.he is age 27 Bruins urgently, possibly desperatlly, need said player to make playoff run. Bruins can absorb the Cap Hit of Said Player. Columbus could use the money savings of obtaining a low paid young goalie in return for a $7.8 million forward. Connect the Dots here Hoya.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's a long shot the Bruins and CJB get a deal done as I see L.A. being front runners but whomever gets a deal done will also be getting in return Steve Mason (another was to be phenom). 
    Negotiations will take a while with this complex deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Chicago is really looking for a tender because they have the delusion that there D is still good with Seabrook and Keith playing 30 minutes each. I am a fan of Tukka because he competes very hard but I would trade him for Patrick Sharp straight up and take my chances down the road with the draft or a trade to find another tender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It's a long shot the Bruins and CJB get a deal done as I see L.A. being front runners but whomever gets a deal done will also be getting in return Steve Mason (another was to be phenom).  Negotiations will take a while with this complex deal.
    Posted by BsLegion

I think you're right Legion! I think this is where the CBJ's ponder for awhile over who's going to be better. Rask, or Bernier. The only thing you should remember is that Carter has more LA ties with Gagne & Richards there. Mason may go to LA, but I don't think he'll be coming here. I think PC signed Khudobin to a 2way/1way deal for a reason. I honestly think there was a lot of thought put into that & it's more complex than just having someone in the system. It could very well be part of a "in case this happens let's make sure we have this in place" thought process.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Chicago is really looking for a tender because they have the delusion that there D is still good with Seabrook and Keith playing 30 minutes each. I am a fan of Tukka because he competes very hard but I would trade him for Patrick Sharp straight up and take my chances down the road with the draft or a trade to find another tender.
    Posted by soups-7

Glad you're not the GM!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by soups-7

Sharp ?  why ?  when Patrick Kane is being shopped.  Let's not forget the Sabres,  they might be trading their goalie and could see Kane going back to "the scene of the crime " . Just had to say it , too easy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=G&fa_type_id=2 Free agents to back up Thomas was mentioned if Chiarelli were dumb enough to trade Rask. So you have Huet, Roloson, Ellis, Auld, Biron, Conklin, Raycroft a cast of cast-offs to be the backup ? Clemmensen is the only one worth a damn and he's going to hit pay dirt that PC can't afford during this summers free agency. Ask yourself what Yzerman would do if he had a goalie like Rask. What happens if Thomas injures his other hip after the trade and then the Bruins have to go into the playoffs with Khudobin ? This board would light up "what a dumb move trading Tuukka I knew it!" PC is not dumb and he has the cards to do something w/o giving up a real good young goalie. We all will be surprised again bet it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

The point is, why waste so much cap room and talent next season on two goalies, pick somebody and use the rest to help your everyday playoff lineup. 

If you are playing probabilities, what if neither goalie gets hurt (much more likely)? You now have one of them rotting on the bench for the playoffs.  What if Z gets hurt?  We are all done, the same as with having one goalie.  If brady gets hurt the pats are done, if Lundquist gets hurt it's over for the Rangers, if Toews goes down goodbye Chi, how about crosby/malkin, and on and on and on.  As constituted, if TT goes down and Tuukka can't play somewhere close to the TT 2011 playoff performance, it won't matter anyways.

The reality is, two of our best wingers are down right now, and having two great goalies won't mount to a pile of beans come april if one of them can't score goals or play defense.

How do we all know Tuukka is going to be so great anyways?  Look at Pitzer's post, how many of the goalies listed in that were calder winners and all stars?  All were the next great thing, so that argument can go either way.  What we've seen from Tuukka in playoff time doesn't leave me with a warm feeling that he is the next Thomas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

By the way, I think attempting Parise makes the most sense.  Jersey will like the idea of Marty B's heir apparent, Parise is a UFA so it costs less that Nash in terms of assets and you can most likely sign Parise for around 6 which will only be 2 or so more than Tuukka (parise said winning and playing in a real hockey mkt are most important to him, not 500k or a mill more here or there).  Not to mention Parise is a 45 goal guy before, and I would be hard pressed to find dogs with more fight in the league than this guy.  He would be a great playoff performer, and instantly make this PP unit much better with him and seguin.  He would be my ultimate pipe dream, and this team would be a force even if Horton was out for the remainder (if he came back, well that would just be unfair).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If Chicago is looking for starting goalie and the opportunity to trade Thomas + prospect for a crack at Kane I will do it in heart beat. With Rask as the official starter he will shine and be that Rask like in playoffs a few years back.

Looch Krejci Kane (problem solved) Horton put him on the LTIR for season

Ryan Smyth for Poulit and conditional pick

This team will be OK then

Looch Krejci Kane
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Smyth Kelly Caron
    Paille Camp Thorn

Pev is out for aprox 6 wks when he is gm ready he can replace Caron spot  just
     in time to be ready for playoffs. Caron can be the 13th forward.

For our d men just keep it the way it is the Bruins went to the finals last year with almost the same defence.

Make a simple trade for a reliable back up vet goalie ie Roloson did stand on his last year for older goalie.

If we can't get Kane then go for St. Louis. MA Bergeron and Roloson for Rask and Corvo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sudburynorth. Show Sudburynorth's posts

I/m not ready to throw in the towel yet on Rask. Sure he's not playing well as of late but he's young and he has potential like he has in the past. Right now his confidence is at an all time low.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I recall Chicago getting a fourth-round pick and Stephane Beauregard from Buffalo for Dominik Hasek. So why is Rask so valuable in the eyes of the trade-him-now contingent?

Sections
Shortcuts