Tuukka trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Tuukka trade

Felix, dominator was 50 yes old, tuukka is a top prospect. Sudbury, again, this has nothing to do with how rask is playing, everything to do with us needing more talent outside the crease and trading tuukka can deliver that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka trade:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuukka trade : The point is, why waste so much cap room and talent next season on two goalies, pick somebody and use the rest to help your everyday playoff lineup.

The reality is, two of our best wingers are down right now , and having two great goalies won't mount to a pile of beans come april if one of them can't score goals or play defense. How do we all know Tuukka is going to be so great anyways?    What we've seen from Tuukka in playoff time doesn't leave me with a warm feeling that he is the next Thomas. Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Thomas may or may not have about 3-4 left and he will not take backup pay in order to stay in Boston. Then your team is in a Tampa, Chicago, San Jose or Philadephia situation. Constantly searching for the next "franchise goalie" because the GM made a "right now" trade. That doesn't leave your organization in a good situation but a tough situation ask Doug Wilson or Paul Holmgren

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2009030134

Khudobin is unproven but has a one-way contract next year and he was kept to to push both goalies next season maybe even just one. Tuukka has proven to me that he is an NHL starting goalie not a flash in the pan as some believe. If you don't know how good Rask is I cannot help you, we are at a stand still in our views of how good he is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

San, I think he's an excellent goalie prospect, that's precisely why we can get so much in return for him. Time to pick a goalie and go with it, use the resources to help the team outside of the crease rather than having someone on the pine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka trade:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuukka trade : Thomas may or may not have about 3-4 left and he will not take backup pay in order to stay in Boston. Then your team is in a Tampa, Chicago, San Jose or Philadephia situation. Constantly searching for the next "franchise goalie" because the GM made a "right now" trade. That doesn't leave your organization in a good situation but a tough situation ask Doug Wilson or Paul Holmgren                http://bruins.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2009030134 Khudobin is unproven but has a one-way contract next year and he was kept to to push both goalies next season maybe even just one. Tuukka has proven to me that he is an NHL starting goalie not a flash in the pan as some believe. If you don't know how good Rask is I cannot help you, we are at a stand still in our views of how good he is.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Well put. Look no further than Philadalphia to see a team that has the pieces up front, a solid defensive core for what poor goaltending does to a team. I truly beleive Tuuka is a number 1 goaltender and a very good one at that. His numners are solid this year, and i suspect if he had more playing time and was able to get in a groove they would be even better. I'm a huge TT fan, but if it's this off season or after if one goalie has to go, it's TT.

Sections
Shortcuts