Tuukka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Tuukka

I have never been critical of Tuukka before and I am well aware that he is currently in the top 5 in all goalie stats, but it seems as if he gets too aggressive this year, particularly when he shouldn't, like on odd man rushes. How many times has he left the back door wide open and relies on a desperate save attemp or a divet. The Tuukka of old relied on positioning more and desperation less.

I blame Thomas for this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Tuukka

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I have never been critical of Tuukka before and I am well aware that he is currently in the top 5 in all goalie stats, but it seems as if he gets too aggressive this year, particularly when he shouldn't, like on odd man rushes. How many times has he left the back door wide open and relies on a desperate save attemp or a divet. The Tuukka of old relied on positioning more and desperation less.

I blame Thomas for this.

Maybe you're wrong and should re-think how you evaluate goalies?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

there were some bad bounces tonight. i don't blame rask for anything that happened tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

there were some bad bounces tonight. i don't blame rask for anything that happened tonight.

Me neither. Not a single goal I blame him for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

And I don't either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Lol. He comes out too far on one goal and he's been "too aggressive all year".. C'mon.

not that that one was really his fault..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, another multi goal third period lead blown because of "bad bounces."  Whatever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I blame Thomas for this.

Maybe you're wrong and should re-think how you evaluate goalies?

Maybe you could give me your favorite website you research your goalie fundamentals. Clearly playing the position is just not as reliable as your online research...

Do we really need to do this every time goaltending is in discussion? Really? Why don't you stick to topics you have half a clue about and leave regular discussion to the posters here who have agendas of hockey and not of being an argumentative sarcastic child.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Yeah, another multi goal third period lead blown because of "bad bounces."  Whatever.

I thought you didn't watch it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Yeah, like it was Rask's fault tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It was Seide's face and Chara's stick who are to blame!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

And Ference's poor decisions, with a 2 goal lead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I thought you didn't watch it.

Exactly what I thought too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Fn lucky

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Lol. He comes out too far on one goal and he's been "too aggressive all year".. C'mon.

Ya, all year. I am not saying the loss tonight was his fault. The only one tonight that was questionable was the Ryder back door play. I'm just saying that last year he did not commit to the shooter as agressively as he is doing this year. He played the odd man rushes deeper in the net and relied on his butterfly position when going to the far post, alot less desperation, alot more positional. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ya, all year. I am not saying the loss tonight was his fault. The only one tonight that was questionable was the Ryder back door play. I'm just saying that last year he did not commit to the shooter as agressively as he is doing this year. He played the odd man rushes deeper in the net and relied on his butterfly position when going to the far post, alot less desperation, alot more positional. 

Goalie is supposed to take the shooter on a 2 on 1 and it's the D-mans job to take the pass away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Goalie is supposed to take the shooter on a 2 on 1 and it's the D-mans job to take the pass away.

Correct, however, how far out do you go on a 2 on 1, because the further out you go to play the shot the further you will need to go if that pass gets across. That is the issue. If you come out aggressively to play the shot you will nee to dive 8 feet or so to get to the backdoor shooter. If you play conservatively that space is reduced by around 3 feet. That is the differece of being on your stomach or in the splits to being in a ready position on your knees. Tuukka was great for that previously, back when he was accused of being boring and just dropping to his knees too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sorry I just don't agree Sizzle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ya, and all year's stats have him second in goals against and third in save percentage.

How can you question his performance and say that his "fundamentals" are bad or wrong?  I guess if you expect him to be #1 across the board, you have a case.  Hockey is played by people, not by robots.  If what he's doing is working (and clearly it is), what can you complain about?

"Look, I know he's a top goalie and presently in the running for the Vezina, but, well, I don't like how he's doing it, so there's something wrong."

Style doesn't win games.  Saves win games. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'll admit, it's nice to see you making a point instead of just throwing insults. 

Like I said, his stats are great and I am aware of this but I see a difference in his game this year. I am positive that 100% of the best hockey players in the world will say they have room for improvement and are working on changing their game. Sometimes it works ala Thomas who worked on not taking himself out of the play (big difference between TTs pre and post 2010 play) and sometimes it does not work like what happened to Felix Potvin, who played deep in net and relied on his reflexes, he then tried to challenge the shooter and was never the same. Obviously no players are trying to be robots (although I had my suspissions on Irbe) but all players have styles and fundamentals on how they want to play. I am nervous about Tuukka going the way of Potvin....

I also think I know why people around here are sticking up for Rask more than usual, stanley and his Khudobin agenda.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Dobby would have made those saves. ;-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I agree with sizzle 100%, the tuukka apologists are everywhere! Did he lose last nights game, no! Did he give up 2 bad goals? Yes! He was way out of position for the 4th goal, and the first to Ryder was soft through his armpit!  he obviously wasn't the only player responsible for the loss, but the apologists won't even acknowledge when he gives up bad goals!  Everyone is quick to point out ference or any other player making mistakes, but god for bid tuukka ever makes one.  I don't give 3 sharts what his ga or save % is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

MDsizzle, I thought you were better than this.

Of all the things I saw, last night, what made me sick was seeing Tuukka slam his stick against the boards and fall in front of the Bruin bench, at the end of the game.

I thought, here is a guy who is taking the responsiblility unto himself for a lose that he had nothing to do with. How fitting seeing that it is coming up to Easter.

The Jews condemn Jesus Christ. MDsizzle condemns Tuukka Rask.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Whatever happened to geez. just wasnt our night. I find a bit of fault only on the puck off seids face only, he was a bit out of postion, he tried to poke the puck and failed. He likely had that feeling he needs to be agressive on that one, one mistake if you wanna call it that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Have to agree with this - I can't believe how many times the B's d gets caught trying to split the difference on the odd man rush. Take way the pass - wtf

Having said that - if Kudo was in net last night...holy sh1t would there be a lynch mob on this board today. Sometimes you gotta make saves that you shouldn't - not seeing that too much this yr.

Sections
Shortcuts