Tuukka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Tuukka

Last nights loss is NOT the reason for this post, it has been based on the whole season. Yes, there is a possibility that if Tuukka was not so far out of his net the Gallahger goal and the Ryder goal may not have been scored, but there is much more to look at from a defensive perspective when your team allows odd man rushes and a sh-- bounce of your dmans face is just bad luck, a goalie is not soley at fault for these, but still plays a part none the less...

I'll admit its weird criticizing Tuukks play after defending it for years. I just think he is not dancing with the exact girl he brought to the prom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Jwens, i agree with that too, but what happens if that dman lets that pass across? You need to anticipate that as a goalie and be best prepared and positioned to react, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Whatever happened to geez. just wasnt our night. I find a bit of fault only on the puck off seids face only, he was a bit out of postion, he tried to poke the puck and failed. He likely had that feeling he needs to be agressive on that one, one mistake if you wanna call it that.

Both shots changed direction.

Tuukka was playing the original shot. Not his fault.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Oh, good lord, I need to explain humor? Alright, Tuukka was on the bench watching Thomas's aggressive style and this played a part in why he is so aggressive this year.

as far as explaining how you play a 2 on 1, read past the first post, i did it already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have never been critical of Tuukka before and I am well aware that he is currently in the top 5 in all goalie stats, but it seems as if he gets too aggressive this year, particularly when he shouldn't, like on odd man rushes. How many times has he left the back door wide open and relies on a desperate save attemp or a divet. The Tuukka of old relied on positioning more and desperation less.

I blame Thomas for this.

Maybe you're wrong and should re-think how you evaluate goalies?

Maybe you could give me your favorite website you research your goalie fundamentals. Clearly playing the position is just not as reliable as your online research...

Do we really need to do this every time goaltending is in discussion? Really? Why don't you stick to topics you have half a clue about and leave regular discussion to the posters here who have agendas of hockey and not of being an argumentative sarcastic child.

no offense but i disagreed with your initial post as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I agree with sizzle 100%, the tuukka apologists are everywhere! Did he lose last nights game, no! Did he give up 2 bad goals? Yes! He was way out of position for the 4th goal, and the first to Ryder was soft through his armpit!  he obviously wasn't the only player responsible for the loss, but the apologists won't even acknowledge when he gives up bad goals!  Everyone is quick to point out ference or any other player making mistakes, but god for bid tuukka ever makes one.  I don't give 3 sharts what his ga or save % is.

what is he supposed to do anticipate the puck would hit Seidenberg in the face and change direction?? really??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

MDsizzle, I thought you were better than this.

Of all the things I saw, last night, what made me sick was seeing Tuukka slam his stick against the boards and fall in front of the Bruin bench, at the end of the game.

I thought, here is a guy who is taking the responsiblility unto himself for a lose that he had nothing to do with. How fitting seeing that it is coming up to Easter.

The Jews condemn Jesus Christ. MDsizzle condemns Tuukka Rask.

You've obviously never seen the top 10 goalies gone wild. That's how he handles getting frustrated with himself. I liked it. He was PO'ed and he should be. The B's need to wake up and smell the coffee or they should be sitting upstairs. Call up whoever you need to sit Lucic, Horton, Peverley, Pandolpho and Ference. They are appalling to watch right now.

Second, this hasn't been mentioned, but WHAT THE F WAS PANDOLPHO DOING OUT WITH 40 SECONDS LEFT. AWFUL. He should have laid out to block that shot. There was only one place to lay a shot from the point and if he absorbs it he kills the remaining 8 seconds and the game is over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have never been critical of Tuukka before and I am well aware that he is currently in the top 5 in all goalie stats, but it seems as if he gets too aggressive this year. I blame Thomas for this.

Maybe you're wrong and should re-think how you evaluate goalies?

Yah I wouldn't want the opposite...bottom 5 NHL stats and a goalie who sits in his crease.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

I agree with sizzle 100%, the tuukka apologists are everywhere! Did he lose last nights game, no! Did he give up 2 bad goals? Yes! He was way out of position for the 4th goal, and the first to Ryder was soft through his armpit!  he obviously wasn't the only player responsible for the loss, but the apologists won't even acknowledge when he gives up bad goals!  Everyone is quick to point out ference or any other player making mistakes, but god for bid tuukka ever makes one.  I don't give 3 sharts what his ga or save % is.

what is he supposed to do anticipate the puck would hit Seidenberg in the face and change direction?? really??

If the puck didn't go off seids face , why was he so far out of the net? The deflection had nothing to do with him being out of position.  If he had been in his crease the goal doesn't happen, even with the face deflect.  Please tell me why he was so far out with where the shooter was?  Excuses, tuukka does no wrong!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not a great game by Rask, but if one of the 5 top Bruins scorers could get a shootout attempt past perennial backup goalie Peter Budaj, they still get the win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Sandog, Who would? But I remember a goalie who was first in the gaa and s% who did made more saves because he was in better position.

Put it this way, how often do we hear Jack saying "Rask way out of the net" this year compared to previous years?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Sizzle remember that game in Vancouver where Thomas was not even in his goal when they scored the wrap-around in OT? Yes it happened more often than you are recalling. TT was awful with the puck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sandog, Who would? But I remember a goalie who was first in the gaa and s% who did made more saves because he was in better position.

Put it this way, how often do we hear Jack saying "Rask way out of the net" this year compared to previous years?

Boy, I hope you aren't talking about TT, because he was way out of his net all the time (as pointed out by a certain losing goalie during the SCF).  

TT played on instict and was very aggressive coming out of the crease.  On the balance, it worked for him.  On the balance, things are working for Rask too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Boy, I hope you aren't talking about TT, because he was way out of his net all the time (as pointed out by a certain losing goalie during the SCF).  

TT played on instict and was very aggressive coming out of the crease.  On the balance, it worked for him.  On the balance, things are working for Rask too.

I think he was talking about Rask of 2009-10.  Rask is obviously a good goalie.  He just has to know the opposing team will make a push at the end of games, and he has to slam the door, no matter what the circumstances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Agressiveness was TTs game and he did it well his last few years, but stylistically, TT and Rask could not get much further apart. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Sizzle remember that game in Vancouver where Thomas was not even in his goal when they scored the wrap-around in OT? Yes it happened more often than you are recalling. TT was awful with the puck.

Ya, TT had some bad ones, but more than made up for it almost everywhere else. Can argue with the Cup/Conn Smythe/Vezina trio.

lets hope tuukka can do the same thing down the road if he stays aggressive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He's done very well so far. I am satisfied with his performance. He has given the Bruins a chance to win every night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Exactly, and you Tt hater rask honks blasted him every time, yet tuukka can do no wrong? Just admit he was out of position! the habs own him!  Just admit it.  He is not the sole reason they lost but he was oTheodore them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Exactly, and you Tt hater rask honks blasted him every time, yet tuukka can do no wrong? Just admit he was out of position! the habs own him!  Just admit it.  He is not the sole reason they lost but he was oTheodore them.

I have no clie what point you are trying yo make.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

My point is that there is a double standard amongst bruins fans.  You have fans that did not and still do not like Thomas. If when Tt was out of position, he was always taken to task for it. when tuukka clearly does the same thing, they are blind to the facts! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

My point is that there is a double standard amongst bruins fans.  You have fans that did not and still do not like Thomas. If when Tt was out of position, he was always taken to task for it. when tuukka clearly does the same thing, they are blind to the facts! 

The hell are you talking about? I never bashed TT. I supported him the whole way through. I thought his WH episode was ill advised but he had the right to do it. I thought he played fantastic against the Canucks and said it was just tough luck. Go find some one else to try and call a TT hater. The only thing I have against TT is he decided to not play hockey for the Bruins this year. That is forgiven because he is no longer our problem. Hope to not see him play well for the Islanders because if they get solid goaltending they have a lot of talen to burn other teams with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

If the puck didn't go off seids face , why was he so far out of the net? The deflection had nothing to do with him being out of position.  If he had been in his crease the goal doesn't happen, even with the face deflect.  Please tell me why he was so far out with where the shooter was?  Excuses, tuukka does no wrong!

wrong, if it didnt go off seid's face it would have hit tuukka right in the chest and also a goalie will always be the first to tell you they should have had a certain shot...always. he was out to challenge the shooter and the puck deflected upwards and changed direction that means you really dont have much of a chance, love all the goalie coaches on here that have never spent a minute between the pipes at any level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't agree with this either.  I have been critical of TT and his departure from the Bruins, but I loved his unorthidox style and how he aggressively challenged shooters.  I don't think people here were any harder on TT than they are on Rask.  I seem to recall a lot of praise and admiration for TT until the very end.  

I've always liked both guys, and I won't second guess a goalie's instincts in agressively confronting the shooter sometimes.  It was a 2 on 1, Rask took away the shot and they got beat by a very good/lucky pass.  It happens.