Tweakin' the lines just a bit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Tweakin' the lines just a bit

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
    Soderberg-Bergeron-Eriksson
    Marchand-Kelly-Smith
    Paille-Spooner-Sweet Hands

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Tweakin' the lines just a bit

If there is any tweaking I think it will be with Iginla. I do not see Smith getting demoted or sent back to the 3rd line anytime soon, he has been very effective.

2nd forward call up after Spooner from Providence would be Fraser. After this year Sweet Hands will not be in the Bruins organization. So I see no reason why PC would bring Johnson up to Boston over even KoKo or Knight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not sure what Campbell did to get kicked out of the line up. I say Marchand finds his way back to the second line and Soderberg, as good as he looked last night goes to the 3rd line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Depth, depth, depth.  The B's have it and more than likely will have some injuries along the way.  They are in good shape to patch the holes.  And I agree with kel, CJ loves guys like Campbell, why would he be taken out??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Smith has been the best of the three new aquisitions so far. Why would he be moved down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

I had originally switched Smith and Iginla thinking it might take a bit of pressure off Iggy, but then got thinking about the whole "demotion" thing and maybe putting too much pressure on young Smith. Soderberg to the second was about some potential chemistry with fellow Swede Eriksson (Bergy is always awesome). These three seemed to have a natural flow together on the second power play unit. Marchand/Kelly/Smith has the potential to be one of the best third lines in the NHL. The fourth line was just looking for some additional offense which always seems to be an issue. I needed a RW so Sweet Hands was a bit of a fun throw-in, but it does sound like he and Spooner are playing well together in Providence. Of course, Thorton could dress against Toronto and some of the other tougher teams. Love Campbell's heart, but for me he seems like a guy who's days could be numbered with all the talent at center we have in the pipeline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't like these particular tweaks. Kelly/Soderberg/Marchand brings speed, skill and scoring; Smith/Bergeron/Iginla could help solidify the second line[ even though Bergie says they are getting better] Lucic/Kreji/ Eriksson cold be the swede's salvation; and Paille/Campbell/Caron is a solid, fast  4th line. Time for Claude to do his job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

There 5-2 don't think you will see line changes.unless someone gets hurt or they go on a loosing streak,yes I would like to see Iginla start to score,although I think the effort is there,just hope he hasn;t lost his scoring touch,ar far as Eriiksson,never really saw him play for Dallas,but was definetly expecting more from him,so far Smith has been the better player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

With the addition of new wingers on this year's team, discussing the line combinations is acceptable.  Although the Bs record is not shabby.  I do think it is time to move Eriksson around, not sure Yeti is for prime time,  the 4th line outside of Thornton is just fine.  Iginla with Bergeron would not be a demotion.  One thing is for sure CJ needs to experiment now not in February.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Campbell and Paille are the perfect 4th line with also killing penalty minutes. I see NO reason to mix them up by sitting Campbell.

I like the idea of having Soderberg with Erikkson, (Nationality wise) but these guys are professional. They should be able to play with whomever CJ puts them with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

a little naive to think that being professional allows for mixing anyone. Chemistry is the key to better play and wins, and it's suprising how it takes some time before chemistry ocurs. Soderberg/Kelly/Marchand seem to have it right away, while Bergie/Eriksson are still searching

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I see Reilly Smith as a perfect match for Bergeron. Keep that for now.

Gotta handcuff Lucic/Krejci. Tried and true.

Campbell and Paille have unreal chemistry, despite their lack of high-end skill. Those two form what is, in my eyes, easily the best 4th line in the league. You rarely see them in their own end on even strength, and nobody disrupts an opponents power play in the neutral zone like these two do. It's a treat watching guys who really don't offer much with their hands just grind it out. These two are inseparable.

Aside from that? Everything is fair game, aside from maybe dropping Iginla down to play with anyone other than Krejci and Bergeron. 

Eriksson could play on any of the top 3 lines.

Ditto for Marchand.

Caron can play any bottom 6 role. I've been a chronic hater of his, but I'm coming around on him a little bit. I stand by that he won't ever be a top 6 forward (not a good one, anyway), but I do think he can be an effective 3rd liner.

I can see Soderberg just about anywhere in the lineup. With more time spent on the team, he's a guy they'll be able to do a lot with.

I'm not complaining, because they're winning, but there's certainly room for improvement. If I was Claude (I'm not)? Here are my lines:

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Smith-Bergeron-Iginla

Marchand-Kelly-Caron

Paille-Campbell-Soderberg

My oh my....do the Bruins really only have 3 right handed shots in that lineup?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Smith-Bergeron-Iginla

Marchand-Kelly-Caron

[/QUOTE]

Soderberg cant play the right side. He's partially blind in his right eye i believe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Smith-Bergeron-Iginla

Marchand-Kelly-Caron

[/QUOTE]

Soderberg cant play the right side. He's partially blind in his right eye i believe.

[/QUOTE]

If it's his right eye, wouldn't he want to play the right side?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

HA! There goes my common sense. 

Left eye.

He had a pretty bad eye injury in the Swedish league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Smith-Bergeron-Iginla

Marchand-Kelly-Caron

[/QUOTE]

I like these lines but I think Caron would be a better fit on Campbell's line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

Left eye.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. It's all good. I know of the injury, I just didn't know the specific details of it.

The good thing is that Marchand could be slid over to the other side, as I think he played the right side in 2010-2011.

And UtahBruin, I don't disagree with that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing the bottom 6 looking like:

Soderberg-Kelly-Marchand

Paille-Campbell-Caron

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Left eye.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. It's all good. I know of the injury, I just didn't know the specific details of it.

The good thing is that Marchand could be slid over to the other side, as I think he played the right side in 2010-2011.

And UtahBruin, I don't disagree with that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing the bottom 6 looking like:

Soderberg-Kelly-Marchand

Paille-Campbell-Caron

[/QUOTE]

If only we could get CJ to think like that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Kelly-Bergeron-Iginla would be the best line in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts