1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Tweets from Bs practice

Bergeron not skating

Soderberg centering Marchand and Jagr

Pandolfo on the 4th line with Pev and Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Tweets from Bs practice

Yikes Pandolfo huh?

I guess Daug and Caron really are that far down on the depth chart now...

Im actually excited to see Soderberg centering Marchand and Jagr (if thats how they have it come game time).

Should be a really fun game, they need to come out firing on all cylinders. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow.  Interesting.  Somehow, I bet this changes by tonight...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude obviously wants Soderberg to work with Jagr and Marchand if Bergie cannot go. Pandolfo has more playoff experience and should have replaced Thornton earlier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Thanks for the update, nr.  Has it been determined specifically what Bergeron's injury is?  I know there is a lot of speculation, but knowing what specific injury he has would help knowing his chances of playing tonight.  If he does end up out, this would be Soderberg's time to shine.

If Bergeron can't go, I wouldn't mind seeing some shuffling across the board.  I know tinkering with lines is typically shunned upon when your team has made it this far but hear me out:

Lucic - Krejci - Jagr  (putting Jagr with Krejci could be the boost he needs to finally net one)

Marchand - Soderberg - Seguin (putting Seguin back with Marchand could bring both of them out of their scoring slumps.  Plus, I thought Soda looked pretty good on Saturday.  Not great, but he didn't look out of place like he sometimes did in the regular season)

Paille - Kelly - Horton  (Horton's injury is clearly still ailing him so dropping him down isn't the worst idea)

Pandolfo - Pev - Thornton

I hope nothing has to be tinkered but losing Bergeron affects the entire team.  Knowing Claude he probably won't mess with any other lines because he likes to keep the status quo, I just thought these new combinations might be some food for thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Talk about a trial-by-fire for Soderberg.  He made a couple of nice strips in the last game, so I have hope.

Pandolfo in for killing penalties, I think.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Caron was alternating on the 4th line.  I really hope he plays, young and wanting to prove he belongs .  Will be his first playoff appearance and what better than a young kid that will supply energy.

Pandolfo is too slow, even for Chicago's 4th line.

Like I posted the other day, Soderberg did well in the faceoff circle and that's 25% of what he can bring to that line.  Marchand has to get his nose dirty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Julien just spoke to the media:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 1m

Julien says Bergeron will take warm up and he's confident he will play in game 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Coach: Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight and I'm feeling confident he will play ^CS"

Julien said "day to day" on Sunday, he meant "day to day".

NHLBruins

"Pregame skate lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Soderberg-Jagr, Paille-Kelly-Seguin, Pandolfo/Caron-Peverley-Thornton ^CS"

I expect to see Bergeron tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Thanks for the update, nr.  Has it been determined specifically what Bergeron's injury is?  I know there is a lot of speculation, but knowing what specific injury he has would help knowing his chances of playing tonight.  If he does end up out, this would be Soderberg's time to shine.

Bob McKenzie said on TSN yesterday(Sat night?) that (paraphrasing),

"...at first people thought it was a rib problem...it is not. Then they said it was a spleen, but it wasn't his spleen. Now there is speculation it might be one of his kidneys..."

Maybe a bruise?

An internal organ injury would explain the trip to the hospital by ambulance. He already had an Xray at the arena and he must have required further testing and these types of injuries cannot wait until after the game. However, he did fly home the next day and didn't look uncomfortable according to one of his team mates.

Hopefully, they can rest him from practice (a la Hossa) and have him 80-85% for tonight but I am not holding my breath.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My guess is groin.  

My expertise -- none.  My sources -- none.  My medical training -- none.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Coach said Caron and Pandolfo will both take warm-ups tonight, along w/37..."if Bergeron can't go, then I've got some decisions to make"^CS"

@NHLBlackhawks

"Marian Hossa not out for morning skate but same drill as Games 4 and 5, he's fine, expected to play."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

My boss just said that Julien's comments worry him.  Because Bergeron did not skate this morning,  he speculated that if Bergeron was going to probably play, it probably would have been a good idea to hold this information until last minute....

...I dont know....I disagree w him and feel that Claude's comments were more encouraging than discouraging....but I dont know....

Unlike Davinator, I am holding my breath (cant help it).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hossa didn't skate in warmups last game but he played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Hossa didn't skate in warmups last game but he played.

Good point thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San, I think he didn't skate the last 2 days? Game 4 and 5 right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

San, I think he didn't skate the last 2 days? Game 4 and 5 right?

Hossa skated in Game 4 warmups and looked god awful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

If Bergeron plays tonight they should dress Caron over Thornton,I worry that Bergeron starts but can't finish the game,would rather have Caron to fill in rather than have Thornton play his 5 min a game,basically Bruins would be 2 man short.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

If Bergeron plays tonight they should dress Caron over Thornton,I worry that Bergeron starts but can't finish the game,would rather have Caron to fill in rather than have Thornton play his 5 min a game,basically Bruins would be 2 man short.

Totally agree, kitchener.  Even if Bergeron was 100%, I'd still like to see Caron dress over Thornton.  Seriously, what has he provided during the SCF?  

Caron would provide a ton of energy and actually hit, unlike Thornton who awkwardly skates in to hit someone along the boards only to have his azz hit the boards leaving the opposing player unscathed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

My guess is groin.  

Could be. Trip to the hospital might have been for an MRI.....which is the test of choice for soft tissue injuries. Anyone who's had a groin injury can tell you it's next to impossible to play.....because you can't push off on your skate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@GlobeBruins

"Blog: Claude Julien confident Patrice Bergeron will play tonight"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Hossa is about 50% and Toews is hurting.  Shut down the two Patricks for two games and you can win the Cup.  Chara and company have done this before.  We need the defense and Rask to play the way they did against the Pens.  They can do it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

@NHLBruins

"Coach said Caron and Pandolfo will both take warm-ups tonight, along w/37..."if Bergeron can't go, then I've got some decisions to make"

Oh my.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

@NHLBruins

"Coach said Caron and Pandolfo will both take warm-ups tonight, along w/37..."if Bergeron can't go, then I've got some decisions to make"

Oh my.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously CJ's choices are limited. All we can do is hope that whoever plays can do a good job. It makes it even more important for CJ to use the last change to get the match ups that he wants. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

My guess is groin.  

I will say cracked rib. My sources - none. My medical traing - none. lol

Sections
Shortcuts