TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? THIS BLACK MAN SAYS NO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO!

Sorry -- is it just me or did anyone else actually make it past the 1st two lines of the original filibuster-like post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO!:
    Sorry -- is it just me or did anyone else actually make it past the 1st two lines of the original filibuster-like post.
    Posted by zamboni24

I didn't either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : 100% Whack job.
    Posted by kelvana33

You either have reading comprehension issues or are white as I.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : I meant small in terms of a broader scope . My wife's parents, 30 years his junior, haven't spoken to her since she came out).
    Posted by red75
    wow! they would rather not have a daughter their RELIGION (its always about THEISM) or fantasy friend considers a devil over an actual breathing and thriving reality amongst them that came from them.. amzing! thats y i point out my race when appropriate and appreciate you pointing out your orientation when also necessary, for there are many on this board and elsewhere who never engage with anyone like us. hopefully they may read our thoughts (positively or not) and at least broaden their perspective and consciousness beyond just hockey in itself.

btw, it seems like a lot of those tweets did not in fact even come from boston and many of the tweeters were kids or teenies. depending if we have james carville or karl rowe on our side, this can be spun in many ways. for me, its even sadder! i would be more content to let it slide if it were folks mostly of your wife's (i hate the partner insult crapp) parents' ages and can presume that the next generation would be so much beyond this. this shows that many of our future leaders, millionaires and influencers are still rooted in this nonsense unfortunately and will soon be bringing it to their workplaces and arenas in the next generation as well. it is a generational issue after all, hopefully within 4 more it will be more of a relic.

also what is it about the BRUINS or bawston teams losing to a black man that stimulate such passions around the country? wasnt it similar in 1986 with the saWX and mookie wilson of the mets? is it that many feel that blacks should stick to sports they already "own" like basketball, track or football? do people think balcks will soon take over hockey as well? in some ways MMAS is the fairest in terms of inclusion of them all. i see brothas get pounded and i see the
    m do the pounding, may the best man win. i never here about any racist comments or overt incidents. y can't hockey evolve in that vain?

i respect your dad's view but silence only aids evil in the long run. this is not just about the neighbors, its about society as a whole, its collective-based institutions and traditions and its public spaces. it must hurt decent folks like your dad that he has to share a race and pigment with these limited-minded oafs in the same way it does me with the black panther types, many muslims with their extremist types and so on. you want to keep the differences quiet and down-low but shame has its benefits. like with cockroaches, a little light is sometimes the best approachto exposing them and making them head back to their sewer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Thomas isn't a racist. If you would look at his entire statement on skipping the trip to the white house, he criticised the entire government, not just the president. I can't stand Obama and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It is philosophical. Just because someone doesn't like Obama or doesn't want to meet him, doesn't make one a racist. I am not a racist in any shape or form. My friends would tell you that and many of them are african-american or are minorities. They respect my right to disagree with Obama. Thomas' exercised his right to not meet Obama to make a political stand. It may not have been the best move from a team standpoint, but it doesn't make him a racist
    Posted by lordy4
    i respectfully disagree COMRADE. mr. thomas goes if the president is joe biden or perhaps even hillary clinton (perhaps for his kind tend to also have issues with independent or non-homemaker type women). but yep, he would have been there if ANY white guy was president! SEPARATING OBAMA from the black thing is naive. when fox chronically mention "paling around with radicals" and mention black HARVARD college professors (very mainstream left) as he (obama) is dressed as geeky "white" as one can get, thats playing the race card! ditto when a hannity says he has a history of hanging with radicals and they show him at a public MAINSTREAM event where some members of the black panthers just coincidentally happen to be in attendance, that would be considered playing the race and pigment card. when they mention that he hasn't worked, he isn't working or that he would rather be eating fry chicken and grits while listening to soul music (a recent theme), that's playing the race and pigment card or going to negative stereotyping. they know their audience and the kind of red meat they like. you think its only coincidence thay deliberately now bring in "blacks" solely to attack other balcks like obama. then they can say with plausible deniability, hey look, we werent racists, we have black guests, they said it not us.

you may speak for one kind of america, i speak for the other one on this issue!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Commie came off ignore at a vague suggestion of BSLegion.

In this thread, Commie says the avatar is a sister

"excuse me, y would anyone want to bite my sister?.. i dont view her as hot at all. dont u just want to rideee her bike all day long? "http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3aab33584b-5d91-4b5c-9a8b-5555bff392b8

In several threads Commie mentions Hope Solo and identifies with her in a way that suggests that it is female and has made several comments that suggests it is female and at times has written posts in an effeminate way.

Now it claims it's a black man.  That's probably true, a black man is probably one of the multiple personalities that Commie has and all have things in common, zero credibility, no understanding of hockey, rambling, lack of basic spelling and grammar and a lack of coherence.

And now back on ignore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN
    Too long to quote, but I have to say that this was one of the most eloquent posts on any of these boards.  The sadness of the ignorance that was followed by silence was shocking.  I've been out of electronic touch the last two weeks and just read about the aftermath of the Washington win (or the Boston loss, but Boston lost on more than the ice), and I've been sickened by what I've read.  My first Bruins experience was in 1963 when I, as a relative newcomer to Boston, went with a friend to teh Garden to see a Bruins game. I was completely turned off by the behavior of the alleged "fans" whose only purpose was to shout obscenities and throw stuff.  "What a weird sport", I thought, "that accepts fighting [in and off the ice] as part of the game's attraction".  I was admittedly uncomfortable among the bozos who couldn't quite keep up with the game after having drunk so much beer, but that didn't deflect them from acting like knuckle-dragging brutes and grabbing anything in sight to throw at each other, including beer cups some of which weren't quite empty.  The difference between that crowd and the fans at the Celtics or Red Sox games was startling, not that either crowd was exemplary - one young woman in the bleachers at a game in the mid-'60s turned to these guys who were heckling her and her girlfriend and said,"Didn't your f***in' mothah evah teach ya any mannahs?", to which gales of hooting ensued.  But back to the latest embarassment; Boston is filled with kind and socially progressive residents in every neighborhood, but not all, and fortunately, the rotten pieces of dirt that have lowered Boston's reputation are in a small-ish minority.  There's no defense or explaining away their behavior, but we all have a responsibility to, at the very least, point at them and acknowledge their shameless, stupid remarks.  
    Posted by painter

Eloquent and supercilious.

Your claim about the hockey crowd in Boston in 1963 is pure fiction.  And what would make you put down your copy of the New Yorker long enough to attend a sporting event with the unwashed masses?

And what's your point?  That there are ignorant people in the world?  that Bruins hockey fans almost have the market cornered for shameless and stupid remarks?

New flash bucko, ignorance and shameless stupid remarks are everywhere, I have heard shameless and stupid remarks from Harvard students, members of the clergy and politicians.

Please.  Enlighten me further.  How about going to some bars in some blue collar bars in lower income neighborhoods and reporting all the shameless and ignorant things you hear?  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : That's what's great about folks like your dad, red.  THe way they perceive what they do.  It's what redeems our faith in people.   My dad, who passed on a few years ago, was exactly the same way.  We grew up in a white blue-collar nabe in mid-70s Boston, smack in the days of the "Desegrating School Busing" scandal which was one Boston's ugly periods and racism began to show its true colors. My dad managed a textile factory.  Two of his employees were young, immigrants from Nigeria, trying to save up money for college.  He would bring them home for dinner with us all the time, so they could have home cooked meals and save their money.  I'll never forget the ribbing he got from our white neighbors.  He told us to ignore those reactions, that eventually they would figure it out over time.  And they did.  One day, months later, the guy across the street waved at the Nigerians and said "Hello, good luck in school" or something.  I'll never forget that.  My dad just 'shrugged.'    
    Posted by ipot

ipot - My respect to your family also.  Perhaps to your family embracing those folks was par for the course to them which in itself is tremendously admirable. Kalopseemenos to feelee!  (Hope I got that right.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK VIEW...

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK VIEW...:
    In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK VIEW... : Tell me, were the people who fired Juan Williams from the NPR because of his appearing on Fox News being racists or just "leaning that way"? Idiot.
    Posted by mikzor
    again, you are trying to play the equivalency game. we can all do this, not the issue.this is a clear red herring. has NOTHING to do with racism, its about IDEOLOGY and BRANDING. they had a problem with a guy spouting liberal views on their air then going to fox and preaching right-wing vitriol for his bosses and audience there. i have no problem with juan, i actually like him but i cringed when he tried to straddle his extremes on both channels. does fox allow alllow him to go on msnbc? if he did and went counter to fox branding would he be fired? YES! when you have to reach this far for equivalency you are proving my point.

here, i'lll help you out. when liberals go after the BLACKNESS of clarence thomas or hermain cain, yep that becomes racist for there are different kinds of black or racial interpretations. those guys are superminorities (about 2% at best) but they are still entitled to be different without the hateful vitriol of the left. same when women like palin get personally or genderally attacked due to being disloyal to the feminist orthodoxy. they just have a different perspective of how to navigate the globe with a vaggy.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK VIEW... : again, you are trying to play the equivalency game. we can all do this, not the issue.this is a clear red herring. has NOTHING to do with racism, its about IDEOLOGY and BRANDING. they had a problem with a guy spouting liberal views on their air then going to fox and preaching right-wing vitriol for his bosses and audience there. i have no problem with juan, i actually like him but i cringed when he tried to straddle his extremes on both channels. does fox allow alllow him to go on msnbc? if he did and went counter to fox branding would he be fired? YES! when you have to reach this far for equivalency you are proving my point. here, i'lll help you out. when liberals go after the BLACKNESS of clarence thomas or hermain cain, yep that becomes racist for there are different kinds of black or racial interpretations. those guys are superminorities (about 2% at best) but they are still entitled to be different without the hateful vitriol of the left. same when women like palin get personally or genderally attacked due to being disloyal to the feminist orthodoxy. they just have a different perspective of how to navigate the globe with a vaggy.  

That is the most god awful, unreadable and incoherent response I have ever read.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK VIEW... : That is the most god awful, unreadable and incoherent response I have ever read.
    Posted by mikzor

There's the problem. You shouldn't have bothered starting to read it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BostonHearld had MannyinMinnesota et al or something like that for years, she was a total "me" freak.  She made contrarian remarks, left her email addressees on the blog, and simply ranted on nothing hockey but herself.  She was incoherent and egotistical.  Stop the madness! 

Most aware people know that race, culture, and ethnic differences are merely a guise for those who wish to aggrandize themselves  Prejudice will always reign in years ahead but not for those who know "it does not matter" in the grand scheme of things.  The Ward negative twits were simply people who were seeking attention in a world gone flat! Raise your children well, family first, and do the Forest Gump philosophy credo of "stupid is what stupid does" as a simple logic.  Please adjust your channel for this thread is in the "outer limits"!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : great, now you have introduced the vagaries of CLASS into the discussion, and gone on to detail the gap between poor blue collar whites and your more elitist white bawston brethren. again, its all good. at least you were respectful and these things are coming out honestly. these are some of the most real and best discussions i have ever read on the subject of race. too often its the loudmouth black panthers and ivory tower whites on the left and louder mouth limbaugh, kkk types on the right that dominate the topic. the middle majority gets cowed and goes silent allowing the public space to be get louder with these types polluting our air. its been a pleasure reading those who respectfully disagree and those who speak up from the white middled non-racist MAJORITY view (conservative or not, GOP or not)! i hope i'm not being supercilious (whatever that means, dr. blue collar)... as for my race and identity, i am BUSTED as accused. when i initially started on this board as elsewhere, i did not identify myself in any way. i think we should ll strive to transcend the often divisive dynamics of race, gender, class, and sexuality as much as we can. but i guess because of my avatar many esp you "blue collar" types of this bruins forum (more so than on any of the other 3 by a ton) decided to push the hot white gal card. hey, its a forum so i went along for i always aim to learn and expand my horizons. had i responded as an independent centrist black man or had a more innocous or threatening avatar, my guess is the responses and interactions would have been very different indeed. so i apologize for anyone who got their pants down and took frequent bathroom breaks assuming i was actually the person in the avatar, or even "hotter", that it was really my sister i was putting up for public display and pleasures. now please don't tell all the newbies for i still go along when THEY initiate or presume and try to push me in that direction. btw, everyone on the celtics and pats boards knew much earlier. but of course, many of you are very exclusive in your tastes and have no interest in engaging the other softie bawston sports... oh well! i admitted a long tiime ago of being a proud pink hatter (thank the bruins' run last year for getting me here in the first place) and preferring to follow the other top 3 sports. but i've enjoyed reading most of the thoughts on this forum and learning more about the finer points of the great sport of hockey from you diehards. for that, i thank you all. lastly, i still would like to go so low and solo on hope.. bet you picture it differently now eh? do you now picture me bringing a gun and a ski mask for some surprise sex at midnight you racial-stereotyping weirdo?   

what?

you clown, you don't know who I am or what I've done in my life.

You calling me a racial-stereotyping weirdo is utterly inappropriate.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : I've reported you for the highlighted comment, but you should man up or woman up or whatever gender you want to play it, but that should be removed. No way, no how did I desreve to be talked to like that.  That quote is offensive on so many levels I can't even begin to count them.
    Posted by BadHabitude

BH - You don't.  Forget this rambling crap masquerading as an "opinion."

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : BH - You don't.  Forget this rambling crap masquerading as an "opinion."
    Posted by RichHillOntario

I am personally very offended by the remark that person made, I have some pretty strong beliefs about sexism and racism and I did not deserve to be labelled a racist.  I said nothing to deserve that comment first of all, and secondly and much more importantly the offensive scenario described must be removed.

Thank you BDC for doing the right thing.

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : I am personally very offended by the remark that person made, I have some pretty strong beliefs about sexism and racism and I did not deserve to be labelled a racist.  I said nothing to deserve that comment first of all, and secondly and much more importantly the offensive scenario described must be removed.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I agree with you.  It was out of order. 

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Just another guy trying to keep the race card going.Try being a white guy walking through Roxbury or Dorchester. Being called a name is the last thing your worried about.The race card is over go away
    Posted by michaelf101
    how about a black walking through charlestown by himself at night? again, there are EXTREMES everywhere. lower you are on the pecking order your ethnicity and race are all you have going for you in terms of an identity, legacy and character. how many opportunities are there to mix in terms of traveling and real interpretive or interactional diversity? thats y things like busing had some multi-generational good points and continued efforts at real integration have some positive merit. the US will soon get back on the sustained economic competitive track over the more homogeneous nations and regions.

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : comrade, upon further reflection, i take back the personal attack. i hate when others do it, i should not have directly gone there without any clear facts. you have my apology. should have worded it more generically, perhaps in this way: i bet some of you  racial-stereotyping weirdos now picture me bringing a gun and a ski mask for some surprise sex at midnight.  

That is exactly the image I found most offensive over and above the personal attack.  Had you actually READ what I said, I said "secondly and much more importantly the offensive scenario described must be removed."

How dare you conjure this image of a stereotype?

Delete the highlighted portion.  

Simply by saying something like that, you yourself keep such thinking alive and you are perpetuating such prejudices.

What you need to do is to STOP WRITING and START READING and START THINKING.  You are totally disgraceful.

Now man up, woman up, person up, or whatever and edit that out.

Then clean out your head gear and look in the mirror.  And start asking yourself some questions about YOURSELF.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : That is exactly the image I found most offensive over and above the personal attack.  Had you actually READ what I said, I said " secondly and much more importantly the offensive scenario described must be removed." How dare you conjure this image of a stereotype? Delete the highlighted portion.   Simply by saying something like that, you yourself keep such thinking alive and you are perpetuating such prejudices. What you need to do is to STOP WRITING and START READING and START THINKING .  You are totally disgraceful. Now man up, woman up, person up, or whatever and edit that out. Then clean out your head gear and look in the mirror.  And start asking yourself some questions about YOURSELF.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Well said!!

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : That is exactly the image I found most offensive over and above the personal attack.  Had you actually READ what I said, I said " secondly and much more importantly the offensive scenario described must be removed." How dare you conjure this image of a stereotype? Delete the highlighted portion.   Simply by saying something like that, you yourself keep such thinking alive and you are perpetuating such prejudices. What you need to do is to STOP WRITING and START READING and START THINKING .  You are totally disgraceful. Now man up, woman up, person up, or whatever and edit that out. Then clean out your head gear and look in the mirror.  And start asking yourself some questions about YOURSELF.
    Posted by BadHabitude
    COMRADE, you can censor me all you want and get bdc to be complicit in it, i'm not changing or apologizing for that last part you still seem to be OVERsensitive towards this time. i'm the one who is black, i'm the one who has lived with the consequences of those thought processi, be it in my own office, when i worked for others and as i maneuver thru life. the image of the black man as a sexual predator or everready machine is there. works both in "good" and obvious negative ways. cant tell you how many times i've gone to a dinner party and you had the hubby blatantly approaching and looking at me as the bogeyman he and his wife/gal have often yapped and fantasized about.

inevitably. she offers up a side deal or he offers to "set her up" or to watch. they are often shocked when i inevitably decline such invites and guessing from their reaction, there's nothing in their histories or makeup that prepare them for such non-decadent reactions from a black man. so yep, i know from which i discuss. you present an ideal, i present REALITY!

lastly, my beef with how the bruins handled the thomas case and now with the ward situation is that it makes it hard to grow their BRAND with more open-minded non-blue collar whites. i have a bruins jersey (seguin) and a bruins jacket. i used to get razzed a bit by the brothas here in dc/MD area but was proud and would readily engage in a discussion hoping to win them over to the new boston and to hockey in general. also met many great bawstonians with this approach. like with the GOP when they pander to their lower elements, with these 2 events in particular, i simply am not going to NOW wear my bruins gear for it hits a real negative vibe with MOST non-whites as to what the BRUINS are perceived to represent. ignorant or not, its a reality.

i still have to hang in the black community and with many non-whites in addition to my integrative reality. again, i talk from reality not the ivory tower! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : COMRADE, you can censor me all you want and get bdc to be complicit in it, i'm not changing or apologizing for that last part you still seem to be OVERsensitive towards this time. i'm the one who is black, i'm the one who has lived with the consequences of those thought processi, be it in my own office, when i worked for others and as i maneuver thru life. the image of the black man as a sexual predator or everready machine is there. works both in "good" and obvious negative ways. cant tell you how many times i've gone to a dinner party and you had the hubby blatantly approaching and looking at me as the bogeyman he and his wife/gal have often yapped and fantasized about. inevitably. she offers up a side deal or he offers to "set her up" or to watch. they are often shocked when i inevitably decline such invites and guessing from their reaction, there's nothing in their histories or makeup that prepare them for such non-decadent reactions from a black man. so yep, i know from which i discuss. you present an ideal, i present REALITY! lastly, my beef with how the bruins handled the thomas case and now with the ward situation is that it makes it hard to grow their BRAND with more open-minded non-blue collar whites. i have a bruins jersey (seguin) and a bruins jacket. i used to get razzed a bit by the brothas here in dc/MD area but was proud and would readily engage in a discussion hoping to win them over to the new boston and to hockey in general. also met many great bawstonians with this approach. like with the GOP when they pander to their lower elements, with these 2 events in particular, i simply am not going to NOW wear my bruins gear for it hits a real negative vibe with MOST non-whites as to what the BRUINS are perceived to represent. ignorant or not, its a reality. i still have to hang in the black community and with many non-whites in addition to my integrative reality. again, i talk from reality not the ivory tower! 

This is a hockey forum. I'm a dyk*(and I say that with pride). I seldom, if ever, try to combine the fact I'm a hockey fan with the fact that I'm from a subjucated class.

Why do you feel the urge to do so on this forum?

They are two completely separate and distinct aspects of our lives (and I say that even though I doubt you're even a hockey fan)

Why is this an appropriate forum for your posts?

In my opinion it is not.

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : COMRADE, you can censor me all you want and get bdc to be complicit in it, i'm not changing or apologizing for that last part you seem to be insensitive towards this time. i'm the one who is black, i'm the one who has lived with the consequences of those thought processi, be it in my own office, when i worked for others and as i maneuver thru life. the image of the black man as a sexual predator or everready machine is there. works in both in "good" and obvious negative ways. cant tell you how many times i've gone to a dinner party and you can see the hubby blatantly approaching and looking at me as the bogeyman he and his wife/gal have often yapped and fantasized about. inevitably. she offers up a side deal or he offers to "set her up". they are often shocked when i inevitably decline such invites and guessing from their reaction, there's nothing in their histories or makeup that prepare them for such non-decadent reactions from a black man. so yep, i know from which i discuss. you present an ideal, i present REALITY! lastly, my beef with how the bruins handled the thomas case and now with the ward situation is that it makes it hard to grow their BRAND with more open-minded non-blue collar whites. i have a bruins jersey (seguin) and a bruins jacket. i used to get razzed a bit by the brothas here in dc/MD area but was proud and would readily engage in a discussion hoping to win them over to the new boston and to hockey in general. also met many great bawstonians with this approach. like with the GOP when they pander to their lower elements, with these 2 events in particular, i simply am not going to wear my bruins gear for it hits a real negative vibe with MOST non-whites as to what the BRUINS represent. ignorant or not, its a reality. i still have to hang in the black community and with many non-whites in addition to my integrative reality. again, i talk from reality not the ivory tower! 

b.s.

First, you pretended to be a woman before for some bizarre reason known only to you.  So now you say you're a black man.  You have ZERO credibility.  No one can tell what race you are on this bulletin board, so you have the same right for invoking racial slurs as a middle class middle aged conservative white guy on here.

Second, it sounds like you assume I'm a conservative.  I'm not, and far from it.  I won't even get into it.  Inappropriate for this venue.  You do make a LOT of assumptions.  I've said that umpteen times and you still don't get it.

Third, if you are really a black man and have endured such prejudices and stereotyping as you say, yah, that's pretty out there and of all the black friends I have, I have heard of all kinds of stuff, but in all honesty what you describe happens with the frequency you describe, that's a new one on me.

I feel the Bruins dealt with the TT situation as best they could.  Had they suspended him or fined him or done anything it would simply have attracted more attention and the nhlpa would have probably been all over them as well as a few other groups I might imagine all of which would generate even more attention to his right wing agenda.

"ivory tower"?  Again, you have NO idea of who I am and what I've done in my life.  Reality?  HOCKEY bulletin board, many are not Americans and at least a few not even in North America, and there are much more appropriate venues for you to bring your issues.

I've wasted my time because you have proven you only have your agenda and aren't interested in any discourse on ANY subject.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : b.s. First, you pretended to be a woman before for some bizarre reason known only to you.  So now you say you're a black man.  You have ZERO credibility.  No one can tell what race you are on this bulletin board, so you have the same right for invoking racial slurs as a middle class middle aged conservative white guy on here. Second, it sounds like you assume I'm a conservative.  I'm not, and far from it.  I won't even get into it.  Inappropriate for this venue.  You do make a LOT of assumptions.  I've said that umpteen times and you still don't get it. Third, if you are really a black man and have endured such prejudices and stereotyping as you say, yah, that's pretty out there and of all the black friends I have, I have heard of all kinds of stuff, but in all honesty what you describe happens with the frequency you describe, that's a new one on me. I feel the Bruins dealt with the TT situation as best they could.  Had they suspended him or fined him or done anything it would simply have attracted more attention and the nhlpa would have probably been all over them as well as a few other groups I might imagine all of which would generate even more attention to his right wing agenda. "ivory tower"?  Again, you have NO idea of who I am and what I've done in my life.  Reality?   HOCKEY bulletin board, many are not Americans and at least a few not even in North America , and there are much more appropriate venues for you to bring your issues. I've wasted my time because you have proven you only have your agenda and aren't interested in any discourse on ANY subject.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Badhab I kind of like this thread. Not because of anything CC posted, but because of the posts by myself Ipot, RHO, Stuke and others. Ignore the poster who started this thread and I'm sure your heart rate will go down.

• Sections
    Shortcuts