TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? THIS BLACK MAN SAYS NO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO!

In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : That's what's great about folks like your dad, red.  THe way they perceive what they do.  It's what redeems our faith in people.   My dad, who passed on a few years ago, was exactly the same way.  We grew up in a white blue-collar nabe in mid-70s Boston, smack in the days of the "Desegrating School Busing" scandal which was one Boston's ugly periods and racism began to show its true colors. My dad managed a textile factory.  Two of his employees were young, immigrants from Nigeria, trying to save up money for college.  He would bring them home for dinner with us all the time, so they could have home cooked meals and save their money.  I'll never forget the ribbing he got from our white neighbors.  He told us to ignore those reactions, that eventually they would figure it out over time.  And they did.  One day, months later, the guy across the street waved at the Nigerians and said "Hello, good luck in school" or something.  I'll never forget that.  My dad just 'shrugged.'    
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

If they still made men like your Dad I'd consider switching teams. ;) I'm taking my dad to Boston for the first Jets game there next season. Maybe we can hook up at a pub beforehaand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : Badhab I kind of like this thread. Not because of anything CC posted, but because of the posts by myself Ipot, RHO, Stuke and others. Ignore the poster who started this thread and I'm sure your heart rate will go down.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It's going to very easy to ignore this poster from here on out.
    I think it's part of some feeble minded psychiology experiment or a feeble mind in need of psychology.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? A BLACK MAN SAYS NO! : It's going to very easy to ignore this poster from here on out. I think it's part of some feeble minded psychiology experiment or a feeble mind in need of psychology.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]i love how you rail against assumptions and insults yet you're the first guy to casually toss them around. anywho... ivory tower about race simply means that when you're not black or gay or male or whatever, you should be more passive in listening as opposed to questioning others' reality and so forth. as for you buddy red, i started this thread only AFTER bruins were in the news in connection to race. sometimes the 2 overlap. i also brought it up after mr. thomas' snub of the almost sainted obama. as for the bruins not being able to do anything with tt, i say look at one robert goodell! so what if they appeal or the nhlpa get involved. its essentially a PR issue. if you lose on appeal, you still protect your brand and you send a message. i own a marketing management company. the bruins and nhl handled their business in a way that dooms them to niche status in comparison to the more mainstream nfl!

digressing a bit, can you imagine how quickly head-hunting shots to the likes of the crosbys and savards would stop if the nhl had the cajones to suspend one of these goons for a year and started to go after coaches and organizations in a bid to broaden the brand and change the culture? i love hockey, just not as crazy with some of the stuff the NHL does. there's a difference. its just a matter of time before there are class action lawsuits by ex-players coming after the nhl for billions for their utter negligence in protecting their precious commodities!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: TWEETS: just BOSTON being BOSTON? THIS BLACK MAN SAYS NO!

First you were a white woman.
    Then you were a black man.
    Now you own a marketing management company.
    You are a she-male mullatto whose sentences make less sense than a mad lib filled out by KoKo the Chimp, but you own a marketing management company.
    Seriously.
    We gonna be finding out about the planet you have come to Earth to represent in the UN pretty soon?
    What a tool.