Twice in the last 5 minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Total error on my part.  There was one game when the B's won 7-0 (two shifts for Thornton with less than five minutes remaining ) and one when they won 8-1 (two shifts with less than five minutes there) and one where they won 6-0 (add two more shifts to the tally). Sometimes the games run together. Have you ever been to Niagra Falls?  LOL
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] One question,if thornton was not there who would do his job?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : One question,if thornton was not there who would do his job?
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

No wonder I don't recall any of your posts. 

You do understand that this thread is about Julien playing Thornton in the final five minutes of a close game, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : No wonder I don't recall any of your posts.  You do understand that this thread is about Julien playing Thornton in the final five minutes of a close game, right?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] That is what this thread is for most of us. But for you it's about everything thornton s-cks.

I make a comment that does not involve the last 5 minutes and you pounce...you are a predator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

How did a discussion on Thornton's lack of skills degenerate into a Pauly-Nas-chowda  squabble. Just close it out. Thornton bleeds black and gold, but he can only skate in a straight line; he has no clue how to feed to another linemate; he has energy, but no real skill, so he gives his all. If Claude were flexible, Paille would be playing more than Thornton, and with Wheeler and Campbell, their speed and PK skills would cement any Bruins lead. That's it, age has spoken

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

2-1 game.  Thornton rides the pine for the final 10 minutes.

Bruins win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

[QUOTE]2-1 game.  Thornton rides the pine for the final 10 minutes. Bruins win.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What is this based on??  If the B's are up 1-0 10 seconds into the game do they win if Thornton never plays?

Your name should be Not-A-Shot-I-Know-What-I'm-Talking-About

and before you point out that I should stay 'on topic' and not attack you, you were the one who said 'the final 10 minutes' when the headline is 'the last 5 minutes'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

By the way Not-A-Shot-I-Know-What-I'm-Talking-About Thornton is 10th in the league in shots per 60 minutes of TOI so you can't say he isn't creating offense

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=346396

your turn d bag

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Only trolls and non-hockey players would classify Thornton as a skilled player. He certainly tries, but his instincts are sadly ineffective, and he has only one skill, a punch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Only trolls and non-hockey players would classify Thornton as a skilled player. He certainly tries, but his instincts are sadly ineffective, and he has only one skill, a punch.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Not bad but harsh.
    I said it earlier on this thread that Thorton is the least talented on the Bruins not to take away how hard he's been working.
    I won't beat a dead horse or come up with stats bla bla bla as it's all been said before.
    NAS,  on this one I kind of agree with you (also with Chowdah as he also agrees Thorton is not the most talented guy you want on the ice with less than 5mins)  but there will be and there were games that Thornton was in for the last 5mins of a game and still won. Maybe it was a lead by more than a goal (as stated on this thread)  but the fact still remains he's been scored upon once (that's the point Chowdah is making).
    Last night the Julien might have done the right move as the Panthers looked like they were pressing and took over skating. Thornton would not have been able to keep up with the pace .
    There will be times that Julien will get caught with Thorton on the ice and we'll have to live with it.  We are not behind the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Of those 55 times, I want to know how many are relevant to the topic.  This is why Chowda is hiding from the thread now.  He knows the answer is going to submarine his attack thread.

Also keep in mind:  Down or up, a goal for is just as good as not allowing a goal against.  How many times has that happened?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

He's not hiding, he already won this thread. Debating with you is like trying to convince a fish that he cannot swim.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]This year Thornton has played 55 shifts with less then 5 minutes left in the third period. Out of those 55 shifts 1 goal has been scored against the B's. The Montreal game. According to those stats there isn't any reason why anyone should single him out for not being on the ice when the B's are up by one. Ever ! He has been solid when given that ice time in that situation. Would I prefer to have other players out there other then Thornton ? Obviously, yes. Would I go as far as saying he should never be out on the ice when protecting a lead ? If I go by the stats which has become this forum's way of saying you're wrong, nope !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Because Chowda won't supply his research, I figured I'd do it for us.

He has been adamant about the thread being kept about the B's protecting a one goal load, yet keeps talking about Thornton's 55 shifts in the final five minutes. 

Know why he won't offer more specific numbers?  Because of those 55 shifts, Thornton has had only four shifts with the B's protecting a one goal lead.

There you have it, folks!  It's no wonder why he wouldn't give us the true facts.  All he kept referring to was his 55 shifts in the last five minutes.  He failed to mention that only four of those shifts were relevant to his point.

Got a reply to this, Chowda?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice to see you back, Chowda.

How about explaining why you posted about 55 shifts when only four were relevant?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to see you back, Chowda. How about explaining why you posted about 55 shifts when only four were relevant?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : idiot
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

I agree!  As if he thought I wouldn't go check the stats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

please let it go nas. you remind me of the obsession chief inspector dreyfus had with inspector clouseau in the pink panther movies. he finally had to be commited to a mental institution. i wouldn't want you to have to go to one of those hospitals. i don't know if they have internet access in those hospitals and i'd miss your posts if you had to leave for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]please let it go nas. you remind me of the obsession chief inspector dreyfus had with inspector clouseau in the pink panther movies. he finally had to be commited to a mental institution. i wouldn't want you to have to go to one of those hospitals. i don't know if they have internet access in those hospitals and i'd miss your posts if you had to leave for a while.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Hilarious!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : I agree!  As if he thought I wouldn't go check the stats!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Apparently you haven't bothered to supply any info like Chowda asked either. Say Uncle !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Apparently you haven't bothered to supply any info like Chowda asked either. Say Uncle !
    Posted by dustyisacat[/QUOTE]

Actually, I did.  I went over every game and posted here that of the 55 shifts that Chowda was mentioning, only four of them were actually relevant to the topic.

I'm going to guess that he was aware of this and that is the exact reason why he failed to supply the info.

I supplied it, however, and he disappeared in complete embarrassment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]please let it go nas. you remind me of the obsession chief inspector dreyfus had with inspector clouseau in the pink panther movies. he finally had to be commited to a mental institution. i wouldn't want you to have to go to one of those hospitals. i don't know if they have internet access in those hospitals and i'd miss your posts if you had to leave for a while.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me this time!  I was just answering the post from someone else.  I'm more than happy to let this thread (and the other one) disappear.  However, you can be sure that if/when Chowda returns, I'll be bumping it to the top of the page until he answers or disappears again.

All I'm looking for is some accountability from him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton was on the ice during the last five minutes of the 7-0 blowout of the Habs.  While this fact is entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand, Chowda, do you want to include it in your stats anyway...just for fraud sake?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Try reading again ! This time s.....l...o....w....l.....y.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

chowdah...will you stop being a bully to everyone on this board please!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

^tool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Thorn was on the ice twice in third, both times broke the rhythm of sustained B pressure, 2nd time he was the cause for a huge turnover then an icing.

Talk about losing momentum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm going to guess that they're not going to play a defenseman at right wing for the playoffs.