Twice in the last 5 minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes

Sure, Legion.

If he's so willing to offer up a stat that supports his position, I'd like a deeper look at the stat.

55 times, right?

How many were when the B's were up by one or two goals?

How many were when the B's were down by one or two goals?

He's already done the research.  I'd like to know the specifics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes:
    This year Thornton has played 55 shifts with less then 5 minutes left in the third period. Out of those 55 shifts 1 goal has been scored against the B's. The Montreal game. According to those stats there isn't any reason why anyone should single him out for not being on the ice when the B's are up by one. Ever !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

How many of those 55 shifts were when the B's were up by one or two goals?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : How many of those 55 shifts were when the B's were up by one or two goals?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yes I did the research . If I knew that you'd act like a psycho to know this part of the info I would have kept it . I didn't. So if you are so hung up on this , look it up yourself. 

And whether it's 5 times, 10 times , 15 times or whatever, does it matter ? The goal total still stands at one and doesn't change that part of the info.

Job well done by Thornton on the defensive side so far in all situations under 5 minutes no matter what the score was. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Very expected. 

Very typical.

Very irrelevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Very expected.  Very typical. Very irrelevant.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Are we done here or would you like to continue to stalk me like you did with duinne ? LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I want you to offer the full story if you're going to create a story.  Clearly here you omitted details.  Post the stats you referenced and we'll let this one die.  Just like when you post the thread you mentioned on the other thread, we'll let that one die.

I'll keep asking until you do both.

You can call it stalking, I'll call it asking for clarity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I want you to offer the full story if you're going to create a story.  Clearly here you omitted details.  Post the stats you referenced and we'll let this one die.  Just like when you post the thread you mentioned on the other thread, we'll let that one die. I'll keep asking until you do both. You can call it stalking, I'll call it asking for clarity.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Maybe he can also find the ice time numbers for 4th liners on the PP in a blowout so that some other threads can die too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Let's have the facts, Chowda.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Have you given any facts as to why Thornton shouldn't be out there which was the point of the thread ? 

Will you answer ? Nope ! You'll just come back with your garbage.

Now I won't let this one die either until you answer the original post. Still waiting !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Have you given any facts as to why Thornton shouldn't be out there which was the point of the thread ?  Will you answer ? Nope ! You'll just come back with your garbage. Now I won't let this one die either until you answer the original post. Still waiting !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

He shouldn't be out there because he is the worst hockey player on the team.

You came up with your 55 times stat, let's see the breakdown to see how relevant it is. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Last night, 2:20 left in the 3rd period and down 2-0, guess who is on the ice. Thats right #22. 

Really claude?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Last night, 2:20 left in the 3rd period and down 2-0, guess who is on the ice. Thats right #22.  Really claude?
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

How many goals did he score?  How many goals did he help create?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : How many goals did he score?  How many goals did he help create?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'll have to check the boxscore to know for certain.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Anyone who thinks Cj can lead us to the ultimate grail, needs to think again. First full game with Sav gone and he has gone back to sucking the life out of the team.

4th line out after every timeout when players got an extra rest, after every PP or PK, last 5 mins of game.

On another post I laughingly said how long until he had a 4th line player on the top line. Wasn't even 20 mins when he had Camp out with Luc and Hort.

Bet he would make Crosby a 40 point man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about an answer, Chowda?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Yes I did the research . If I knew that you'd act like a psycho to know this part of the info I would have kept it . I didn't. So if you are so hung up on this , look it up yourself.  And whether it's 5 times, 10 times , 15 times or whatever, does it matter ? The goal total still stands at one and doesn't change that part of the info. Job well done by Thornton on the defensive side so far in all situations under 5 minutes no matter what the score was.       
    Posted by Chowdahkid-
    Bottom line is, if nas does not know the specifics himself I would have to suggest that makes him an uninformed poster. I'm not saying I no the specifics because I don't.
    IMO if a player like thornton is having a great game it should be a coaching decision if he wants to sneak him in for a shift or to. but to have him out there in these situations on a regular basis is just wrong.
    For anyone to say he should NEVER be out in that situation, I would have to suggest that person has a bad case of tunnel vision.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Bottom line is, if nas does not know the specifics himself I would have to suggest that makes him an uninformed poster.
    Posted by pauly1

I'll give you the specifics:

1.  He's the worst hockey player on the team.

2.  Of all regulars, he has the least amount of points, so putting him out there when down a goal or two makes no sense.

3.  If he were decent at keeping the puck out of the B's net, he'd have more time playing shorthanded.  Currently he averages one second on the shorthand.  If the coach can't trust him to play in any shorthanded situation, why would he trust him when the game was on the line?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : I'll give you the specifics: 1.  He's the worst hockey player on the team. 2.  Of all regulars, he has the least amount of points, so putting him out there when down a goal or two makes no sense. 3.  If he were decent at keeping the puck out of the B's net, he'd have more time playing shorthanded.  Currently he averages one second on the shorthand.  If the coach can't trust him to play in any shorthanded situation, why would he trust him when the game was on the line?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    You have clearly asked the person you are debating with for information on this topic that may or may not help your position. IMO you lose this debate not necessarily because you are wrong, but because you do not have your ducks in a row.... and chowda does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Just so you know, I probably will never like you as a poster. The way you insult others on here will never fly with me (I almost never do that). But that being said I always enjoy reading your posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : You have clearly asked the person you are debating with for information on this topic that may or may not help your position. IMO you lose this debate not necessarily because you are wrong, but because you do not have your ducks in a row.... and chowda does.
    Posted by pauly1

Providing a general stat that fails to address the actual topic doesn't support anything.

Pointing out that Thornton played in the final five minutes when the B's were up 8-0 has no relevance to the topic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just so you know, I probably will never like you as a poster. The way you insult others on here will never fly with me (I almost never do that). But that being said I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Posted by pauly1

You will never like me as a poster by you enjoy reading my posts.

Interesting stuff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : You will never like me as a poster by you enjoy reading my posts. Interesting stuff.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Here we go with the grammar lessons again.... I will never like you as a human being, but I enjoy your posts (is that better)? If you want to turn me into your next duinne, I'll eat you up.
    Good thing for spell check or you would have a hayday with me.
    I think boston.com should post a warning to any new posters on here that if your grammer or spelling is not perfect the snakes will come crawling out from under there rocks and pounce on you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I didn't mention anything about your spelling or grammar.  As for eating me up, I don't even remember reading anything you've posted, but I can assure you I couldn't care less about your warning.

You don't know me as a human being, just a poster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : Providing a general stat that fails to address the actual topic doesn't support anything. Pointing out that Thornton played in the final five minutes when the B's were up 8-0 has no relevance to the topic.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    So when was this 8-0 game, I must have mist that. Making up stories does not help your case. If you can not use facts your debate is baseless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Twice in the last 5 minutes : So when was this 8-0 game, I must have mist that. Making up stories does not help your case. If you can not use facts your debate is baseless.
    Posted by pauly1

Total error on my part.  There was one game when the B's won 7-0 (two shifts for Thornton with less than five minutes remaining ) and one when they won 8-1 (two shifts with less than five minutes there) and one where they won 6-0 (add two more shifts to the tally).

Sometimes the games run together.

Have you ever been to Niagra Falls?  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts