Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild

New Jersey Devils ‏ @NHLDevils

"Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild for Kurtis Foster, Nick Palmieri, Stephane Veilleux, 2nd rd pick in '12, conditional pick in '13."

That's from the Devils official twitter but umm all that for Zidlicky ?

Edit: "If Marek Zidlicky gets 5 players, then Rick Nash should be worth 2 full lines, 2 top defensive pairings, and 25% ownership in his new team." LoL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild

In Response to Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild:
    [QUOTE]New Jersey Devils ‏ @NHLDevils "Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild for Kurtis Foster, Nick Palmieri, Stephane Veilleux, 2nd rd pick in '12, conditional pick in '13." That's from the Devils official twitter but umm all that for Zidlicky ? Edit: "If Marek Zidlicky gets 5 players, then Rick Nash should be worth 2 full lines, 2 top defensive pairings, and 25% ownership in his new team." LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

3 guys who have been and probably will be bouncing back and forth from the nhl to ahl.  The Wild are clear winners just on the picks, you never know what might work out (or not), but yah 5 ahl guys for a mediocre defenseman is a lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

How would you guys rate Zidlicky. I remember him being solid but unremarkable.

With stuff like this out there it's even more amazing the MIN GM pulled this out of his hat.  I am sure this is merely the tip of the iceberg.

From Feb 15th
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-02-15/marek-zidlicky-wild-marek-zidlicky-devils-nhl-trade-rumors

(Zidlicky)

“It wasn’t me. It wasn’t my style. I tried to explain it to him couple times, but he wants something different. I don’t think I can change something when you are like 34 years old.”

Yeo, naturally, didn't take kindly to that.

"(Zidlicky's) play dictates (whether he plays), how he handles this dictates that," Yeo told the Star Tribune.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-02-15/marek-zidlicky-wild-marek-zidlicky-devils-nhl-trade-rumors#ixzz1nMEwaJJj

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Small.  Some offense to his game.  Might not have an NHL job if not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Wow, 35-years-old, making $4 million a year gets traded for 5 players???

This guy has everyone fooled, except his now old Coach (Mike Yeo).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The Press really played up this guy for the past week or so... Wild win this trade for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Devils may have said "you want a 2nd rounder then you are taking some salary back too"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild:
    [QUOTE]How would you guys rate Zidlicky. I remember him being solid but unremarkable. With stuff like this out there it's even more amazing the MIN GM pulled this out of his hat.  I am sure this is merely the tip of the iceberg. From Feb 15th http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-02-15/marek-zidlicky-wild-marek-zidlicky-devils-nhl-trade-rumors (Zidlicky) “It wasn’t me. It wasn’t my style. I tried to explain it to him couple times, but he wants something different. I don’t think I can change something when you are like 34 years old.” Yeo, naturally, didn't take kindly to that. "(Zidlicky's) play dictates (whether he plays), how he handles this dictates that," Yeo told the Star Tribune. Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-02-15/marek-zidlicky-wild-marek-zidlicky-devils-nhl-trade-rumors#ixzz1nMEwaJJj
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I remember watching a Wild game recently where the announcer ( I believe it was Ray Ferraro ) was ripping him for his lackadaisical play during the game with the replays to show it. IMO at best a 6-7 defenceman for the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

That would be the equivelent of our sending Arniel and Hamill (who would care about that?) and a second round pick (who we don't have anyway thanks to Slobberlay) in a non-deep 2012 draft plus a conditional for an NHL player. The Devils typically make good trades, so I don't think they got fleeced especially if it deepens the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They want himfor PP help but Zdlicky only has 3 PP points this season. Foster has 11. How does this trade make sense?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Twitter: Devils acquire Marek Zidlicky from Wild:[QUOTE]They want himfor PP help but Zdlicky only has 3 PP points this season. Foster has 11. How does this trade make sense? Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Devils fans were screaming this same question towards Lou on twitter all night Red...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So let me see if I understand this, the Devils gave up a fairly reliable 30 year-old bottom  paring D who has been able to chip in 4 goals, 10 assists and 11 PP  points in 37 games (who also already knows Minn's system) making $1.8 million a year plus two prospects and two picks for...

An unreliable 35 year-old second pairing D making $4 million a year with 0 goals, 14 assists and 3 PP points in 41 games.

Who got Lou drunk?

Forget about the picks and prospects, if you believe the old adage that whoever gets the best player wins the trade, I think Minn. may have won this trade on that basis alone (if you factor in salary).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

WOW, PC if this is the price for so called talent...Please don't do anything stupid. Grab some depth off the waiver wire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Waaaaaay too much. All the GMs right now are pretty cranky. I know this is a stretch, but is it possible Lou went into this to drive up the price for everyone else? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but NY and BOS would have to seriously disrupt their rosters to get anyone of value now. Crazy like a fox?