TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?

"Do not expect a homerun with our next move"

Really? Then why even entertain the idea of even engaging in any trades? Or, did you make the Chris Kelly just for the sake of making a move? PATHETIC!

By the way, if you were going to that route (veteran, playoff experience) the guy you should of got was Shawn Horcoff from Edmonton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?

He said that?  When was this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Were you really expecting PC to bet the farm....lol. He is simply not that kind of GM. Kelly and an offensive defenseman is probably all the tinkering we will see.

Will this be enough? I hope so but not likely. And yes, I do hope that I am wrong about this,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

He'll add a Dman for sure, most likely kaberle. also if it's true that kaberle only wants to go to boston that gives Chia a HUGE negotiating advantage. after that he'll add a prospect or a middle round pick probably for paille. i think he'll try to get a legit goal scorer in the summer, hopefully he can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?:
    He said that?  When was this?
    Posted by BBReigns

He said it during an interview after press conference. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Good. Keep our first rounders and build that way. Glad PC has his head on straight. Were you complaining about something?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

He'll add a Dman for sure, most likely kaberle. also if it's true that kaberle only wants to go to boston that gives Chia a HUGE negotiating advantage. after that he'll add a prospect or a middle round pick probably for paille. i think he'll try to get a legit goal scorer in the summer, hopefully he can.
    Posted by TheMightyJulien

Why in the summer? There are no games to be played in the SUMMER other than the playoffs!!!!! GO for it now! Get the d-man and get a top-6 forward!!!! 

This team is just spinning their wheels. Like really, where is the $$ and space to keep and re-sign all these 1st-rounders?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Good. Keep our first rounders and build that way. Glad PC has his head on straight. Were you complaining about something?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Sure, lets continue to spin our wheels for another 39yrs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

I think everyone is really overrating 1st round picks. outside of the top 10 and more accurately the top 5, it becomes a crap shoot. especially this year which appears to be a little weaker than years past. if he can trade those picks for an impact player it should be a done deal. boston is already a young team with lots of prospects i think the core of the team is built already so lets take a risk this year who knows it may pay off. a big move would be fabulous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!? : Why in the summer? There are no games to be played in the SUMMER other than the playoffs!!!!! GO for it now! Get the d-man and get a top-6 forward!!!!  This team is just spinning their wheels. Like really, where is the $$ and space to keep and re-sign all these 1st-rounders?
    Posted by xenimus

hey, i agree and i hope chia goes for it! does he have the guts to make a move or is he and the whole organization satisfied with 2nd round eliminations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Who are you going to acquire with those two picks that are going to turn this team into a cup winner?  Before you answer I'll say that move may get us to the third round.  You don't load up a 6-8 place team (league standings) for a cup run.  You load up a 2-4 place team.  Until this team really shows they are that caliber of team, you keep building until you get there.  I'm tired of this "all in" attitude when we just aren't there yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We'll all be 80 in wheel chairs in the local nursing home and Charlie Jacobs will be telling us Carl Corazinni is the head coach of the future, as the Bruins will be still be without a Cup since 1972.

The GM will be Kevin Paul Dupont's kid.

Super.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Who are you going to acquire with those two picks that are going to turn this team into a cup winner?  Before you answer I'll say that move may get us to the third round.  You don't load up a 6-8 place team (league standings) for a cup run.  You load up a 2-4 place team.  Until this team really shows they are that caliber of team, you keep building until you get there.  I'm tired of this "all in" attitude when we just aren't there yet.
    Posted by scooter244

Really? Then NHL has more parody than any other sport. There are maybe 3-legit teams in the entire league that are a step ahead. At least 10-12 teams have a great chance to make it to the finals with one or two solid pieces. So i guess the GM's for these teams are not doing their job by not improving their team eh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I do agree with you Xenimus that now is the time to go for it. The problem is that I do not think PC is bold enough to do this effectively. His job is not necessarily to attempt to "win it all" as it is to keep the Bruins perennially competitive which is difficult to do if you trade away your 1st round picks...just ask the leafs about that.

That being said, somtimes you do have to simply go all out. Chicago did it last year and Philly this year is trying to do the same. I do not necessarily disagree with this....it has been 40 years afterall!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!? : Why in the summer? There are no games to be played in the SUMMER other than the playoffs!!!!! GO for it now! Get the d-man and get a top-6 forward!!!!  This team is just spinning their wheels. Like really, where is the $$ and space to keep and re-sign all these 1st-rounders?
    Posted by xenimus

I agree here why wait for the summer where we will be in the running as usual to get a scorer but will fall short with the deal was not there or some bs excuse.  How often are teams put in the position we are right now with the cap and picks to make a move that will push us towards the cup.  Not saying we will definately get the cup but i am getting awfully tired of this laid but attitude of trade for a fill in piece hope it works, if not always next year.  GO FOR IT NOW PLEASE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The only logical reasoning as to why Chia would make that statement is for posturing purposes. It has to be.

Maybe he's doing that to sit in the weeds in the next week to try to keep prices down, so to speak?

I see no other reason, logically, to sit there, say that, and pretend you think this team is loaded for bear. Pun intended.  There is just no other explanation to think Kampfer becomes a #2 PP point person, Horton and Ryder become consistent and the Bruins go deep in the playoffs.

It doesn't add up, so maybe by him being coy here, he's trying to make it seem like he's not interested in adding anything big.

A 3rd line Centerman is a fine add, but it doesn't address the two key issues that plague this team.

This team couldn't score last year, and the "improvement" in this area this year is misleading because they blow out bad teams, yet struggle against good/great ones.

They'll need more than 2 or 3 goals in the playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by scooter244

I can't agree with you on the loading up issue Scooter.After seeing the Flyers make the playoffs in a shootout in the last game of the season and then go to the finals,I think the race is more wide open than you think.That said,I am still against moving a lotto pick for a rental.I have no problem with the Kelly deal and expect PC to make a more significant move.I'm not saying to go all-in but I am saying to move some prospects and picks for a player/players that can be considered an immediate upgrade over the ones we presently have.Boychuck,Ryder,Wheeler,Paille could be replaced for example.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The other possibilty, of course, is that there aren't any homerun trades out there to be made.

Trades still have to be OKed by both teams, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?:
    "Do not expect a homerun with our next move" Really? Then why even entertain the idea of even engaging in any trades? Or, did you make the Chris Kelly just for the sake of making a move? PATHETIC! By the way, if you were going to that route (veteran, playoff experience) the guy you should of got was Shawn Horcoff from Edmonton.
    Posted by xenimus

Who's available(and fits into Boston's payroll)for PC to hit a homerun deal with?I understand you want and expect more from PC but what exactly is it you propose he does?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I suspect that this is closest to the truth. This will likely change, however, the closer we get to the trade deadline...

The other possibilty, of course, is that there aren't any homerun trades out there to be made. Trades still have to be OKed by both teams, right?
    Posted by DrCC

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No offense, but when own two 1st rd picks, one being top 10, there is a homerun trade to be made.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

No offense, but when own two 1st rd picks, one being top 10, there is a homerun trade to be made.
    Posted by BBReigns

How can you be so certain?  For the top 10 pick to matter, the other team needs to be awful and looking to rebuild.  For it to be a homerun trade, that team needs to have a high quality player it is willing to move.  That likely means not young, or at least a pending UFA they don't think they will resign.  Said good player also has to meet the Bruins' needs.  Since it is likely that a truely impactful player will take more than just the draft pick, it means that the bad team has to like some of the Bruins' prospects.

Is there a match like that out there?  That's a lot of things that have to go together.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Really?!?  Shawn Horcoff?!?  I really hope that was sarcasm, otherwise this is a rediculous post.  He has all of 2 playoff years to his name, averages about 15 goals a year and has a 5.5 million(!) cap hit till 2015.  It is widely mocked as one of the worst contracts in Hockey.  To hit a homerun you need a trade partner that is willing to give up a lot for a little.  Usually they don't do that.  You might since you would trade for Horcoff, but most GM's wouldn't.  PC is just advising people not to expect Brad Richards, probably because he would cost the farm and PC isn't stupid.  Something more subtle is what the Bruins need.  They are in the mix, but a boost would be good.

In Response to TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?:
    "Do not expect a homerun with our next move" Really? Then why even entertain the idea of even engaging in any trades? Or, did you make the Chris Kelly just for the sake of making a move? PATHETIC! By the way, if you were going to that route (veteran, playoff experience) the guy you should of got was Shawn Horcoff from Edmonton.
    Posted by xenimus

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler and a 2nd can get you someone decent on D, no need to trase away TOR's pick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!? : Really? Then NHL has more parody than any other sport. There are maybe 3-legit teams in the entire league that are a step ahead. At least 10-12 teams have a great chance to make it to the finals with one or two solid pieces. So i guess the GM's for these teams are not doing their job by not improving their team eh?
    Posted by xenimus

I know what you mean, those skits that the New York Rangers do during the first intermission are brilliant. Worthy of Monty Python. And I've been told Wheeler does a great Leslie Nielsen impression.

Sections
Shortcuts