TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?

I think the difference is that I recognize that life is rarely as simple as "I want to get this done so I will succeed."

Sometimes those 'excuses' are legitimate factors in a result.  Wanting something bad enough doesn't make it happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Kelly was a good move.  Horton was a good move.  And, this is a contending hockey team.  In my opinion, PC has been doing a very good job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!?:
    I can only go by what he does and says. Please stop defending a GM who is supposed to be positioning this team for a Cup run. So far, he's failed.
    Posted by BBReigns

It does not matter what we add at the deadline.  PC failed to have a Stanley Cup Contender when he failed to fire CJ after the collapse last year.  This current team is still showing all the things that caused them to lose the last 2 years.  This team lacks motivation and is inconsistant, relys on a goalie known for choking and lacks the high end talent of other teams.  I gave up on doing anything this year when PC decided to use what little cap space we had on another 3rd line grinder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The TOR pick might end up being that Dman that the team has needed for quite some time.  They should not be trading that for a rent-a-player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can only go by what he does and says. Please stop defending a GM who is supposed to be positioning this team for a Cup run. So far, he's failed.
    Posted by BBReigns

I am not "buying his rhetoric", I am thinking for myself instead of demanding some fairy tale ending to a terrible trade market and pretending it makes me a passionate fan.

Saying Chiarelli has failed is as senseless as anything I have seen on these boards.  If you follow the Bruins at all you can't possibly deny that this team has gotten better every year since Chiarelli came on.  GM's do not win Stanley Cups -- they assemble teams that are capable of competing for them.  The rest is up to the coach and the players.

Chiarelli has improved this team drastically in his tenure and they will make the playoffs again despite a season ending injury to his best offensive player two years in a row.

To sit there like a spoiled child and demand a Stanley Cup from a GM (as if 29 other teams arent' trying too) is dumb.  Chiarelli continues to patiently make this team better -- stop waiting for some magical fairy tale trade where the Bruins get 3 All-Stars for nothing, and start dealing in the reality of the situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the difference is that I recognize that life is rarely as simple as "I want to get this done so I will succeed." Sometimes those 'excuses' are legitimate factors in a result.  Wanting something bad enough doesn't make it happen.
    Posted by DrCC

Exactly.  Several posters on this thread need to read this post over and over until it sinks in.

Well said DrCC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Ok, I'm really hoping that Kelly is not the only deal Chiarelli makes.  It's my personal belief that if Chiarelli doesn't pull the trigger when he has an opportunity that Neely will fire him and Julien.  Now, I am not saying that is a fact nor am I saying it is a guarantee.  It is just my personal opinion.  Now, I believe that the Bruins need to make a trade for a good powerplay guy who can also move the puck out of the zone (my first choice is Joni Pitkanen) and a blockbuster for a winger (Zach Parise is what I have in mind, although that's doubtful).  So, let's take a look and say that these moves happen for the aforementioned players.  This is hypothetical of course.

To Carolina: Johnny Boychuk, 2nd in 2011 (via Minnesota)
    To Boston: Joni Pitkanen
    This deal alone leaves the Bruins approximately $113,325 under the cap.  Tight, I know, but it can be done.

To New Jersey: Blake Wheeler, Mark Stuart, Maxime Sauve, 1st in 2011 (via Toronto, via Boston)
    To Boston: Zach Parise, Adam Mair
    This puts both teams under the cap, albeit they're left with less than $1M in space.  The Bruins would have to have another deal ready that ships out a winger (Ryder, Recchi, etc. but they can't be non-roster) not because they need cap space, but because that would leave them with a winger who is scratched.  I personally would say:
    To Pittsburgh: Michael Ryder
    To Boston: Conditional 5th in 2011 (via Pittsburgh)
    The conditional pick becomes a 4th rounder in the upcomign draft if Ryder re-signs.  Pittsburgh would still be under the cap, and if and when Crosby comes back, he'd have a winger to possibly gel with.  We all know Ryder has work ethic issues, but we also know that when he wants to play he's lethal.  The lineup could look like:

(1.163) Lucic - Krejci (1.068) - Parise (0.89)
    (0.187) Marchand - Bergeron (1.353) - Horton (1.139)
    (0.284) Recchi - Kelly (0.605) - Seguin (0.256)
    (0.231) Thornton - Campbell (0.313) - Mair (0.146)
    (0.306) Paille

(2.137) Chara - Pitkanen (1.139)
    (0.160) Kampfer - Seidenberg (0.926)
    (0.641) Ference - McQuaid (0.163)

(1.424) Thomas
    (0.356) Rask

Total: $14.086M
    I think I'm going about that wrong by adding the pro-rated salaries together, but if I'm not, then I don't know what the pro-rated cap is. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"This is why the Mike Fisher price seems out of whack to me.  He went for a 1st rd pick which is way too high."

that sentence seems to contradict your point entirely.

Best way to build is through the draft and getting the right piece via trade or FA WHEN that opportunity appears, just ask TB, Pitt, or Chicago (well, their cap mismanagement negates some of that). You only trade away a top 5 pick (plus whatever) for someone like Richards, Kopitar, or Parise, and we don't know if any names of that ilk have been bandied about. Of course PC says the pick could be in play, why wouldn't he? It's called keeping your options open.

...and Chiarelli is a fail? Did you just start following the team 3 years ago? This team is gonna be good for a number of years thanks to PC and his team. If you wanna rail on the coach, well that is a horse of a different color.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: TWO 1st round picks and you say WHAT PC!?!?!? : It does not matter what we add at the deadline.  PC failed to have a Stanley Cup Contender when he failed to fire CJ after the collapse last year.  This current team is still showing all the things that caused them to lose the last 2 years.  This team lacks motivation and is inconsistant, relys on a goalie known for choking and lacks the high end talent of other teams.  I gave up on doing anything this year when PC decided to use what little cap space we had on another 3rd line grinder.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Now that is an absolute perfect post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

does anyone really know what the cap space is for the B,s at this point with Kelly added? Im thinking we were pretty tight to it until Savard,s injury & with Kelly,s 2+ mill theres really not much left for deals unless you move bodies....does anyone really know?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

does anyone really know what the cap space is for the B,s at this point with Kelly added? Im thinking we were pretty tight to it until Savard,s injury & with Kelly,s 2+ mill theres really not much left for deals unless you move bodies....does anyone really know?
    Posted by pucman

According to capgeek, Boston currently has an 'aquisition space' of $2.5M.  That means they can acquire a player with that as a yearly cap-hit.  At this point, any deal probably means sending a body out as well, so they could probably grab someone worth more.

Sections
Shortcuts