Two Bruin Concerns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kavubob. Show kavubob's posts

Two Bruin Concerns

No matter who they add to their roster, whether it's Jagr or Soderburg, the B's have two glarring problems - Tuukka is no Tim Thomas and teams no longer fear playing the Bruins. How many times has Tuukka stolen a win for the team this year? It was almost a weekly event for Thomas. Plus, too many times Tuukka has been beaten when he's in the crease rather than coming way out to challenge the shooter. For the past few weeks teams have come after the Bruins at the drop of the puck. They forecheck them deep in their own end making it difficult to get out. Plus the Bruins overall physical play has gone south. And to make things worst, Lucic has been a huge negative on the team - few goals and many, many bad passes. Jagr can sure keep control of the puck and make good passes, but I'm still waiting for him to score a few goals, other than the one's that go off his skate. I have my doubts as to how far they will go into the playoffs.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Two Bruin Concerns

Tuukka needs to make a few more saves tonite for sure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Management has been living off the cup win, alot changes to 2 years, front office has not retooled this team for success, pretty much the same crew and this is what you get.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rask has a .929 sv %, he's the least of their problems.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigM120. Show CraigM120's posts

Same one actually agrees with me! Yes, Tuukka has great stats and will make great saves, but he lets up the worst ill-timed goals/the softest goals.. Tuukka can't steal a game! That's what a great goalie does. Tuukka does not have the clutch gene! Khoobadood has played better since the start of March.. tuukka is 6-9 with a 2.47 gaa (2-6 vs playoff teams) , khoobadood is 7-2 with a 1.9 gaa(4-2 vs playoff teams).. start the khooby movement!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well craig, kavubob agrees with you because you are clearly the same person. Rask isn't the problem. Next. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigM120. Show CraigM120's posts

I'm not saying Rask is THE problem, I'm saying he is part of A problem. Like I said, he has great stats and will make great saves, but he gives up way to many soft goals and goals that are scored at the worst time. He should have saved Corvo's goal tonight and gave up a SOFT goal against Bailey and the Islanders on Thursday..just because his stats are good doesn't mean he can steal a game. I am not sold on T u's, 2 k's and 2 points. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kavubob's comment:

No matter who they add to their roster, whether it's Jagr or Soderburg, the B's have two glarring problems - Tuukka is no Tim Thomas and teams no longer fear playing the Bruins. How many times has Tuukka stolen a win for the team this year? It was almost a weekly event for Thomas. Plus, too many times Tuukka has been beaten when he's in the crease rather than coming way out to challenge the shooter. For the past few weeks teams have come after the Bruins at the drop of the puck. They forecheck them deep in their own end making it difficult to get out. Plus the Bruins overall physical play has gone south. And to make things worst, Lucic has been a huge negative on the team - few goals and many, many bad passes. Jagr can sure keep control of the puck and make good passes, but I'm still waiting for him to score a few goals, other than the one's that go off his skate. I have my doubts as to how far they will go into the playoffs.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I didnt get to see the game because i was too busy celebrating the breakup of me and my gf, but what im reading is same old same old, as far as rask goes, no hes not TT, he can steal one against the best and lose one with the worse.  As far as lucic goes, ive ( we all have ) seen this for quite a long time now, what gives here ? Like i said i didnt see the game but im not shocked they lost because the consistency hasnt been there, win or lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

If you think the goaltending is a problem, name 5 goaltending tandems that you would take over the  Bruins.  TT is gone, comparing anyone to him is a moot point.  It's like saying Boychuck is no Bobby Orr.

I see Dmen that are afraid to handle the puck, I see a powerplay with no rotation and passing, I see a "first" line that is as productive as a line on the Waltham JV Boys team.  Every game I watch, I'm amazed that Ference still on this team. 

I agree with you about Lucic.  But I don't, about Tuukka.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to CraigM120's comment:

just because his stats are good doesn't mean he can steal a game.

9 days ago, 40 saves, 1-0 win?  Oh, I guess that never happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Price got pulled after letting in 3 goals on 4 shots tonight.  Somewhere in MTL, there must be someone rallying the Peter Budaj movement.

While not always perfect, most teams in NHL would be happy to have the Bruins goaltending "problem".

News flash.  They don't score, leaving zero margin for error.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If Hamilton were playing in McQuaid's place, last 2 games would be wins. If we get Bergeron and MArchand back to 100% and SoderYeti can step in on the 3rd or 4th line, team will be okay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Another lousy thread, just one in a long line lately!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The team doesn't score goals, and their inability to win games is Tuukka's fault?

I know this morning the collective fan bases of Montreal and Boston have come completely unhinged, but come on.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Rask has a .929 sv %, he's the least of their problems.

Bruins defense has been inconsistent all year, they need a dose offfense puck possesion.