two trades, one crazy, one realistic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: two trades, one crazy, one realistic

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would be a mistake trading boychuk, the best shot blocker on the team, plays hurt, never quits and hits people, not afraid of the battles in the corners. Crazy

[/QUOTE]

Would it be better to lose him once he hits free agency for nothing and just let him walk away?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shupe - at this point I don't want them trading for any more lefty centers that might have to play out of their natural position.

[/QUOTE]

I think the emphasis you put on lefty or righty is overblown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

That's fair. I like the idea of trading boychuk though, and I like the idea of trading for a rw under his elc that has played in the league before. Any one like that you think is more realistic?

[/QUOTE]

I think it's unrealistic overall.  Any guy worth anything and still on his entry level contract is going to cost more than a 30 year old second pairing defensive defenseman on an expiring contract unless it's one of those crazy deadline deals where GMs turn into all out retahds.  Of course, the B's wouldn't be sellers at that point anyway, so it just isn't something that I can see happening with Boychuk.

I'd be pumped for it, however!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last thing the Bruins need is veteran defenseman and another LW.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the last thing they need is a goaltender.  The second to last thing they need is a goon.  The third to last thing they need is a #1 center.  The fourth to last thing they need is a #2 center.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston, i think this is a great idea.  Minny is in win now mode.  Having a physical, experienced leader on the back end helps them big time.  He is a ufa so a sweetner must be added.  

As for players playing outta position i think you could play Tatar or Sheahan would be ideal for the 3rd line.  Tatar plays lw.  He is unreal to watch. Datsyuk-lite.  

I think you are in the ball park for the type of player we may land.  

Shupe, I see both Detroit and Boston being reluctant trading partners now that they are in the same Division.  Detroit is not going to give the Bruins their "Get out of Cap Hell Free Card" nor are they going to giving up a budding young forward like Tatar to the B's.  Also, I don't think it is in Boston's best interest to improve Detroit on their backend given their excellent crop of forwards.  Since you now have to play in your Division to advance in the Playoffs,  I think it is more realistic that Boychuk gets moved to an out of Division foe.    

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would it be better to lose him once he hits free agency for nothing and just let him walk away?

[/QUOTE]

Davey, you fear monger!  With this idea now in people's heads, we're going to start getting plenty of posts that think Boychuk for a third round pick is a good deal because "it's better than nothin'!"

And it's going to be all your fault.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Davey, you fear monger!  With this idea now in people's heads, we're going to start getting plenty of posts that think Boychuk for a third round pick is a good deal because "it's better than nothin'!"

And it's going to be all your fault.

[/QUOTE]

I knew I should have stayed in bed today.

IM A MONSTER!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Coyle played junior for the Sea Dogs so I'm very familiar with him and I would be shocked if the B's could get him for just Boychuk.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

From what i saw from Coyle in this years playoffs,i don't see the Wild trading him and if they did,Boychuk wouldn't get it done.Coyle was one of the Wild's better players in the playoffs,regardless of his regular season stats.I think he will only get better,like much better,imo.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't know,Minnesotas core is in the late 20s early 30s range. I could see a scenario where they view this as their window. How about boychuk and a 2nd rounder that drops to a fourth if he re-signs with the team. It is likely that they view boychuks impact as greater than coyles over the course of the next three seasons 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know,Minnesotas core is in the late 20s early 30s range. I could see a scenario where they view this as their window. How about boychuk and a 2nd rounder that drops to a fourth if he re-signs with the team. It is likely that they view boychuks impact as greater than coyles over the course of the next three seasons 

[/QUOTE]

I'd be thrilled if they could get Coyle for Boychuk and a 1st rounder but that's just me. I really like Coyle's potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they're looking to win now, a second rounder being added isn't going to change anything.  And don't forget how much higher some teams value their own picks.  Chiarelli just gave Caron a new contract and he sucks.  Coyle is a first round pick who was, sadly, in the Top 5 goal scoring for the Wild last year.

Plus, they may never realize Boychuk's impact over the next three years as he may walk in July.  

I wish it would happen, but unless John Ferguson Jr. and Mike O'Connell are running the show in Minnesota, and the Wild franchise has just been purchased by Charles Wang, I don't see this being possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they're looking to win now, a second rounder being added isn't going to change anything.  And don't forget how much higher some teams value their own picks.  Chiarelli just gave Caron a new contract and he sucks.  Coyle is a first round pick who was, sadly, in the Top 5 goal scoring for the Wild last year.

Plus, they may never realize Boychuk's impact over the next three years as he may walk in July.  

I wish it would happen, but unless John Ferguson Jr. and Mike O'Connell are running the show in Minnesota, and the Wild franchise has just been purchased by Charles Wang, I don't see this being possible.

[/QUOTE]

It's a fair point, but I disagree with a couple things on principle. It's worth noting that Coyle was not a wild pick. He was a sharks pick. 28th overall in the 2010 draft. I think teams trade the future for the present, with a kicker for the future frequently. While it's not quite the same, the Seguin trade has some conceptual similarities. The bruins traded Seguin because they couldn't want for him to mature into a well rounded player among other things, and were in win now mode. So why would they accept 3 prospects. They thought eriksson would help them win in the short term now, and the prospects would help off set the loss of Seguin in the future. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a fair point, but I disagree with a couple things on principle. It's worth noting that Coyle was not a wild pick. He was a sharks pick. 28th overall in the 2010 draft. I think teams trade the future for the present, with a kicker for the future frequently. While it's not quite the same, the Seguin trade has some conceptual similarities. The bruins traded Seguin because they couldn't want for him to mature into a well rounded player among other things, and were in win now mode. So why would they accept 3 prospects. They thought eriksson would help them win in the short term now, and the prospects would help off set the loss of Seguin in the future. 

[/QUOTE]

The Seguin deal stands alone in my mind.  It was a unique situation.  The B's had a world class talent who acted like a world class chump and they didn't want to deal with his bull anymore.  I can honestly hear Neely calling Chiarelli and saying, "Pete, get that f'ing ayehole traded this week.  Get him off this team."

Eriksson, a 30 goal scorer, had a favorable contract as well.

Boychuk's deal is up in 82 games (plus playoffs) and he's going to be looking for a big raise.

I would really be pumped for the deal, but it would probably cost a few jobs in Minnesota if it went down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One thing about the Eriksson deal that I always found interesting is that his NTC was set to kick in that summer so PC inherited it. Didn't mean much at the time considering he was supposed to be the centerpiece of the trade anyway. However, it could become a significant tidbit if he flops again this season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One thing about the Eriksson deal that I always found interesting is that his NTC was set to kick in that summer so PC inherited it. Didn't mean much at the time considering he was supposed to be the centerpiece of the trade anyway. However, it could become a significant tidbit if he flops again this season. 

[/QUOTE]

On the capgeek it says " subsequent trade may have voided clause. ". Please give me some hope!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On the capgeek it says " subsequent trade may have voided clause. ". Please give me some hope!!!

[/QUOTE]

They say that about every player who was traded with an NTC clause which means they are not sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They say that about every player who was traded with an NTC clause which means they are not sure.

[/QUOTE]

Ok. I'm orderiing a new straight jacket if I got 2 more years like last season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell but he has had a very productive career offensively so there is the expectation that this will continue in the right circumstances. If not, he is still a very capable defensive player...if overpriced in such a role.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hopefully Loui regains his scoring touch and flourishes on the 1st line, if not, then it will be back to the 3rd line for him where he played very well and had some chemistry with King Carl.I know having a player like Loui,especially with the money he makes,playing on the 3rd line isn't ideal but there is no sense putting a square peg in a round hole if its not working. If the Loui on the 1st line experiment doesn't work,then auditions will be held,with the best player taking the job,whether thats through a quarter pole trade or Providence call up.Time will tell,but until training camp and some games are played we won't know which Loui will show up.I'm hoping its the 30 gl Loui. 

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Loui on the 1st line experiment doesn't work,then auditions will be held,with the best player taking the job,whether thats through a quarter pole trade or Providence call up.

[/QUOTE]

A callup would be particularly difficult to put on the first line, at least if one expects that line to be consistent offensive contributors. If Eriksson is struggling this will mean, in my opinion, a revolving door or rw's up to the deadline...could get very uncomfortable to watch.

But, the job ultimately is Eriksson's. Much like the prospects, time to put up or hit the road.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

A new one ? The old one worn out ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

A callup would be particularly difficult to put on the first line, at least if one expects that line to be consistent offensive contributors. If Eriksson is struggling this will mean, in my opinion, a revolving door or rw's up to the deadline...could get very uncomfortable to watch.

But, the job ultimately is Eriksson's. Much like the prospects, time to put up or hit the road.

[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you JM and i don't see anyone from Providence getting that spot,unless i'm pleasantly surprised by a unpolished piece of coal in the minors. I think Loui will be fine playing RW on the 1st line and if he isn't then i'm more inclined to believe there might be a quarter pole trade. If not,as you say,it could be very uncomfortable to watch and the angst on this board will be at an all time high.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A new one ? The old one worn out ?

[/QUOTE]

My wife had to restitch it every game after the halfway point last year. I've really bulked up too since I started just sitting here a posting on forum..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

My wife had to restitch it every game after the halfway point last year. I've really bulked up too since I started just sitting here a posting on forum..

[/QUOTE]

Get the wife to change the name tag too. (Marco Sr.)

Sections
Shortcuts