Tyler Seguin - Game Changer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer

You know whats scary? Anybody who watched Seguin rush  the puck thru center ice against the Rangers - and still thinks he should play wing because of
    "defensive responsibilites" now thats scary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer:
    [QUOTE]You know whats scary? Anybody who watched Seguin rush  the puck thru center ice against the Rangers - and still thinks he should play wing because of "defensive responsibilites" now thats scary.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    What's scary is you still thinking his position is that important. What position was Seguin playing when he rushed the puck through center ice? Did being a right winger somehow hold him back there? It's that stupid loser Julien's fault isn't it? Damn, we'll never get anywhere with him making the decisions will we?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think I agreed with you. To me he's a little bit Bure, a little bit Lemieux, a little bit something else. But one of the best pure talents in the game.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : I got ripped on here a year ago for saying that Seguin's jets reminded me of Bure. I guess it's not as far-fetched now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : What's scary is you still thinking his position is that important. What position was Seguin playing when he rushed the puck through center ice? Did being a right winger somehow hold him back there? It's that stupid loser Julien's fault isn't it? Damn, we'll never get anywhere with him making the decisions will we?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hey Dez

I think Seguin is our fastest most gifted offensive weapon. I also believe that he needs as much open ice as he can get to take advantage of his unique skill set.
    I think he's not only the best center on this team, but might have a chance to be one of the best centers in the entire NHL. Additionally I feel that he's least effective along the boards. This kid is a special case IMO. And yeah, I do think his position is that important. He was referred to as a Ferrari recently - I agree and would like to put that car on the open road to see what it can do.

You disagree with that opinion, and believe he is best suited on the wing, and it really doesn't matter where he plays.

Good for you !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think I agreed with you. To me he's a little bit Bure, a little bit Lemieux, a little bit something else. But one of the best pure talents in the game. In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Oates, I'm wasn't even comparing their overall games. I'm just saying he's got a Bure-like first 3 steps. He's very explosive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You don't seem to understand what hockey positioning involves. There is nothing restricting him from moving through center as a wing. He does it all the time this season. In fact, both plays he made this weekend, for example were a result of him playing the wing, not in spite of it.

[QUOTE]You know whats scary? Anybody who watched Seguin rush  the puck thru center ice against the Rangers - and still thinks he should play wing because of "defensive responsibilites" now thats scary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : Hey Dez I think Seguin is our fastest most gifted offensive weapon. I also believe that he needs as much open ice as he can get to take advantage of his unique skill set. I think he's not only the best center on this team, but might have a chance to be one of the best centers in the entire NHL. Additionally I feel that he's least effective along the boards. This kid is a special case IMO. And yeah, I do think his position is that important. He was referred to as a Ferrari recently - I agree and would like to put that car on the open road to see what it can do. You disagree with that opinion, and believe he is best suited on the wing, and it really doesn't matter where he plays. Good for you !  
    JWens, I never said he shouldn't play center. I've always said he doesn't NEED TO in order to be effective. On what are you basing your opinion that he's a better center than Bergeron and Krejci? I agree his along the wall play needs more work but a shift to center only increases the need for physicality since the center is expected to work all 4 corners. This is something we obviously can't agree on. No big deal. Cheers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : A scary dimension, that is.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

OK, that's clearly a penalty - piling on!
    NAS just got buried by like 5 guys who fell upon him all at once.
    No wait, there is no rule against piling on.
    Darn.
    I really want to call a penalty, but there's nothing in the rule book about it.
    So we can't do anything about Cooke, um, I mean you guys.
    OK, so scrape Savard, um, I mean NAS off the ice.
    Play on.

So you're asking, 'geez, I guy gets flattened out like cartoon character under a steam roller and you can't call it a penalty?!  wow, that's just scary.'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

“On the wing, I had a little more space to skate. I tried to bring it to my role tonight when I was playing center.’’

-David Krejci

Most of the great breakaway open ice skaters are wings. Think Ovechkin, Kessel, Nash, Bure, Jagr, Richard, LaFleur... the list goes on. Centers play along the boards as much or more than wings. I think Seguin may make an excellent center some day because he is committed to the entire game of hockey. But if you think he will have more "open ice", you are mistaken. At the NHL level centers are constantly in middle of a pile of bodies and seldom get time in the more open perimeter.  They also don't get to cheat up ice us as much. Think of all the breaks that Marchand or Seguin get compared to Bergeron. There is a reason for that.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : Hey Dez I think Seguin is our fastest most gifted offensive weapon. I also believe that he needs as much open ice as he can get to take advantage of his unique skill set. I think he's not only the best center on this team, but might have a chance to be one of the best centers in the entire NHL. Additionally I feel that he's least effective along the boards. This kid is a special case IMO. And yeah, I do think his position is that important. He was referred to as a Ferrari recently - I agree and would like to put that car on the open road to see what it can do. You disagree with that opinion, and believe he is best suited on the wing, and it really doesn't matter where he plays. Good for you !  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : OK, that's clearly a penalty - piling on! NAS just got buried by like 5 guys who fell upon him all at once. No wait, there is no rule against piling on. Darn. I really want to call a penalty, but there's nothing in the rule book about it. So we can't do anything about Cooke, um, I mean you guys. OK, so scrape Savard, um, I mean NAS off the ice. Play on. So you're asking, 'geez, I guy gets flattened out like cartoon character under a steam roller and you can't call it a penalty?!  wow, that's just scary.'
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

To be fair NAS is known as a whiny little diver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer : OK, that's clearly a penalty - piling on! NAS just got buried by like 5 guys who fell upon him all at once. No wait, there is no rule against piling on. Darn. I really want to call a penalty, but there's nothing in the rule book about it. So we can't do anything about Cooke, um, I mean you guys. OK, so scrape Savard, um, I mean NAS off the ice. Play on. So you're asking, 'geez, I guy gets flattened out like cartoon character under a steam roller and you can't call it a penalty?!  wow, that's just scary.'
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    If you deem it "predatory", you can impose a suspension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]“On the wing, I had a little more space to skate. I tried to bring it to my role tonight when I was playing center.’’ -David Krejci Most of the great breakaway open ice skaters are wings. Think Ovechkin, Kessel, Nash, Bure, Jagr, Richard, LaFleur... the list goes on. Centers play along the boards as much or more than wings. I think Seguin may make an excellent center some day because he is committed to the entire game of hockey. But if you think he will have more "open ice", you are mistaken. At the NHL level centers are constantly in middle of a pile of bodies and seldom get time in the more open perimeter.  They also don't get to cheat up ice us as much. Think of all the breaks that Marchand or Seguin get compared to Bergeron. There is a reason for that. In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin - Game Changer :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting coming from an NHL player who has played both positions recently. I guess that clears up that train of thought. Good enough for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

20 goals is a lot of weight to carry around on your back...but.Since surpassing the 20 goal plateau the added weight makes him ...well faster IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]20 goals is a lot of weight to carry around on your back...but.Since surpassing the 20 goal plateau the added weight makes him ...well faster IMO.
    Posted by grizzlybear69[/QUOTE]

A scary amount of weight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

For those last year who used to doubt the Bruins would be able to replace Kessel's speed, they've done it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]For those last year who used to doubt the Bruins would be able to replace Kessel's speed, they've done it. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    That is scary.

Sections
Shortcuts