Tyler Seguin is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Tyler Seguin is...

God

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin is...

Not everybody believes in god.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Would be nice if PC can find the right line combo for him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#19!

Do I win a monkey ?...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

...the hero for tonight.  (Along with Thomas.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is...:
    [QUOTE]...the hero for tonight.  (Along with Thomas.)
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, do you think he can keep it up and end up leading the team in scoring this year? I'm going to predict that he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Lets not get carried away now, he is not a god. Lets just say he is a sure bet to be the next Gretzky and work our way up from there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

great hands.knows what to do with the puck. beauty of a goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

...loaded with talent. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him wear the Black and Gold for the next 20 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : RHO, do you think he can keep it up and end up leading the team in scoring this year? I'm going to predict that he does.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Good question.  He will soon enough but I'm not sure it'll be this season.  It still may be too early to look at him in this regard on this particular team.  Perhaps it's more likely with a group less talented. 

It's been said a lot will depend on who his linemates will be and if he stays at center.  My guess Krejci will top the club's offensive charts heading into the playoffs.  Seguin shows every indication that he's steadily developing into the offensive predator the Bruins need especially to try and put the dagger in on the PP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : dez - Good question.  He will soon enough but I'm not sure it'll be this season.  It still may be too early to look at him in this regard on this particular team.  Perhaps it's more likely with a group less talented.  It's been said a lot will depend on who his linemates will be and if he stays at center.  My guess Krejci will top the club's offensive charts heading into the playoffs.  Seguin shows every indication that he's steadily developing into the offensive predator the Bruins need especially to try and put the dagger in on the PP.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I'm just thinking that with DK missing some time we might see Seguin jump out a little ways ahead and, as long as he keeps chipping in a point per game, I don't see his ice being reduced much after DK returns. With the way he's played Seguin could easily have had 5 more points so far and bottom line with Krejci, I don't like the sound of a core injury. When muscles are pulled or torn, the rehab can take forever. I really hope it's nothing like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

better in the shoot out rather than Kessel that is for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : I'm just thinking that with DK missing some time we might see Seguin jump out a little ways ahead and, as long as he keeps chipping in a point per game, I don't see his ice being reduced much after DK returns. With the way he's played Seguin could easily have had 5 more points so far and bottom line with Krejci, I don't like the sound of a core injury. When muscles are pulled or torn, the rehab can take forever. I really hope it's nothing like that.

dez i think u and rich are right on. rich i think is right on about soon enough seguin will be the leading scorer eventually. will it be this year? great question.  

if he were to stay with his current line mates(horton lucic) i think your right on. when krejci does comes back i think your also right that seguins ice time wont go down but maintaining a point per game with kelley-pouliot-caron is going to be a tall order for seguin.

i think that the 3rd line has to be the bruins brass biggest challenge this year. getting 1 or even 2 wings that can not only keep up with tyler speed wise but also being able to bury the puck when seguin gets it to them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : dez i think u and rich are right on. rich i think is right on about soon enough seguin will be the leading scorer eventually. will it be this year? great question.   if he were to stay with his current line mates(horton lucic) i think your right on. when krejci does comes back i think your also right that seguins ice time wont go down but maintaining a point per game with kelley-pouliot-caron is going to be a tall order for seguin. i think that the 3rd line has to be the bruins brass biggest challenge this year. getting 1 or even 2 wings that can not only keep up with tyler speed wise but also being able to bury the puck when seguin gets it to them.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Loyal, turning the PP around is the key to Seguin putting up good numbers. And especially after tonight, I don't think any of the 1st 3 lines are written in stone. It seemed like CJ had just about everybody play together at some point. So far, Seguin has been the most consistently dangerous Bruin. I hope it continues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

.......doing his best to raise his teamates talents to his level every game so far

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : Loyal, turning the PP around is the key to Seguin putting up good numbers. And especially after tonight, I don't think any of the 1st 3 lines are written in stone. It seemed like CJ had just about everybody play together at some point. So far, Seguin has been the most consistently dangerous Bruin. I hope it continues.

dez good call on power play. i think thats were seguin will have his best chance to maintain the pace u were talking about as far as points are concerned. hopefully seguin will get the power play turned around with the more minutes he plays on it.

i was wrong to think that the lines were set for the most part because of there success last year but your right julian has tried different line combos to get them to score more then 2 goals in 1 game.

part of me wants julian to separate horton and lucic because it seems when 1 of them is quite the same just happens with the other during a game. the flip side being of course when there both involved in the game they can make it really tough on the oppositions defense just to get the puck out of there own end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : dez good call on power play. i think thats were seguin will have his best chance to maintain the pace u were talking about as far as points are concerned. hopefully seguin will get the power play turned around with the more minutes he plays on it. i was wrong to think that the lines were set for the most part because of there success last year but your right julian has tried different line combos to get them to score more then 2 goals in 1 game.   part of me wants julian to separate horton and lucic because it seems when 1 of them is quite the same just happens with the other during a game. the flip side being of course when there both involved in the game they can make it really tough on the oppositions defense just to get the puck out of there own end.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Yes, therein lies the rub.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

[QUOTE] ... So far, Seguin has been the most consistently dangerous Bruin. I hope it continues.

I agree with this.  His skill set has always been there, but this year it seems his strength and tenacity have gone up as well.  He's still not as strong on the puck as Bergeron (few are) but he's improved.  It also appears that he knows where to be on the ice in CJ's system, which has eliminated the hesitancy (that led to shortened ice time) that cropped up last year.  I would like to see him on a stronger offensive line than w/Kelly and Caron/Pouliot.  Will we see some more mixing of the top 3 lines when Krejci comes back?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Tyler Seguin is...

- a point per game player through 5 games
    - the Bruins leading scorer through 5 games
    - the Bruins leader in +/- @ +3
    - playing over 17 minutes per game
    - tied for 16th in the NHL in points
    - tied for 21st in the NHL in SOG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

pleased to have spent time in the press box learning the game last year! NOT

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

........good with no defense on the ice?

He is getting way to much ice time. Therefore the Bruins are losing.  The B's need an offensive player with skill at the NHL level.  Did you see Kane and Toews last night? Sure, we got Thomas, but we don't have an offensive threat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]........good with no defense on the ice? He is getting way to much ice time. Therefore the Bruins are losing.  The B's need an offensive player with skill at the NHL level.  Did you see Kane and Toews last night? Sure, we got Thomas, but we don't have an offensive threat.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Good point.  The B's are only 4th in the league in GAA @ 1.80, while they are 25th in the league in GPG @ 1.80. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...According to the stats they would tie every game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin is... : I'm just thinking that with DK missing some time we might see Seguin jump out a little ways ahead and, as long as he keeps chipping in a point per game, I don't see his ice being reduced much after DK returns. With the way he's played Seguin could easily have had 5 more points so far and bottom line with Krejci, I don't like the sound of a core injury. When muscles are pulled or torn, the rehab can take forever. I really hope it's nothing like that.

dez - If Krejci is out for any extended period along the way this season then yes, Seguin will lead the club in scoring.  I think we're already seeing the blossoming of a more consistently dangerous and complete player who'll only improve as the year wears on.  We've glimpsed this kids's skills in bits and pieces.  This year we'll be gaping at it more often.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

an exciting , young hockey player, who makes his wings, whoever they are, play better. Now comes the challenge for Claude. This team is designed with DEFENSE as the primary mode. But defense alone does not win hockey games, and Timmy did not look good on the first goal. Based on last year, the KLH line should be solid. Bergeron's line is constantly setting up chances, but, Peverly, who needs some time to adjust to Bergie and Marchand, is close, but still not finishing. Should Claude try Pouliot or Caron? When Kreji returns who should play with Seguin? Or should Seguin play with Bergeron since Kelly and Peverly seem to have chemistry together. Should Paille and Pouliot be Seguin's wingers as both have speed and Paille has defensive experience ? As each game is played, and even though he tries hard, it is obvious that Thornton is not in the same skill level or added value level, that helps to win games. Claude needs to address all of these questions, but that's why he gets the big bucks. A bigger question is, can Claude's system, which just won the cup, continue to be succesful against more agressively offensive teams ?

Sections
Shortcuts